PDA

View Full Version : Semi-final draw

Hecko
26/09/2005, 11:36 AM
Anyone know when the draw is taking place?
Any predictions?

sligoman
26/09/2005, 11:38 AM
Anyone know when the draw is taking place?
Any predictions?The draw takes place on the 28th(next Wednesday) live on RTE news.

Prediction:
Derry City Vs. Bray Wanderers
Drogheda United Vs. Cork City

A face
26/09/2005, 11:44 AM
The draw takes place on the 28th(next Wednesday) live on RTE news.

Prediction:
Derry City Vs. Bray Wanderers
Drogheda United Vs. Cork City

This would be ideal for us !!

Prediction:
Cork City Vs. Bray Wanderers
Drogheda United Vs. Derry City

KR's Post
26/09/2005, 1:28 PM
We'll take anyone, but here's what it will be...

Bray Wanderers v Drogheda United

Cork City v Derry City

Colm
26/09/2005, 1:39 PM
A City v Derry final would be a huge money spinner for the FAI so I have a feeling that both clubs will somehow mysteriously avoid each other in the semis.

patsh
26/09/2005, 1:46 PM
Derry v City

Drogheda v Bray

dcfcsteve
26/09/2005, 1:52 PM
Derry v City

Don't you mean City v Cork...? :confused: :p

We've been City continously since 1928. Even in the period 1972-85 Derry City FC still existed formally.

Meanwhile- Cork City have only been around since 1984, and Cork teams have had more name changes than your average lingerie model has underwear changes....

coislaoi
26/09/2005, 2:03 PM
Don't you mean City v Cork...?

Oh please not that again :eek: :eek: We would not, btw, take offence at you saying City v Cork. ;) It's like the Rovers v Sligo debate. :confused:
Anyway it's City 'till I die all round. :)

lofty9
26/09/2005, 2:31 PM
I want
City v City :D
Bray v Drogheda

willymccann
26/09/2005, 2:35 PM
any team at the Brandywell

as stated by Maribor Kev in the Dungloe on Friday night

and i totally agree with him on that one

BrayZil
26/09/2005, 2:37 PM
We've taken points off all 3 teams this season so I don't mind who we get as long as it's a home draw.

Éanna
26/09/2005, 2:41 PM
Without being too presumptious, I wanna see City v City in the final, show everyone what this league is about: good football, big crowds and noisy fans. As for the semis, Bray at home would do nicely for me- no semi final will be easy, but that would be about the best for us IMO. That said, I expect us to get Derry in the semi.

Troy.McClure
26/09/2005, 2:43 PM
Hmm, I dont agree with Colm's conspiricy theory, the last time we got to a semi final we drew Derry at home (and lost! :( ). Id take Bray at home :) but dont mind too much as long as we avoid Derry in the Brandywell.

superfrank
26/09/2005, 4:16 PM
I want Bray-Drogs, City-City

I think it'll be Bray-Derry, Drogs-Cork

It's great being underdogs cos everyone will underestimate us. Though I'd like to avoid Cork until the Final, so we can embarass 'em with the whole country watching!! :D ;)

KR's Post
26/09/2005, 4:32 PM
If we draw Drogs, which is the easiest draw we can get(no offence lads) and beat em, then we are in europe again which would be fantastic. No matter what would happen in the final. But i tink, i really do, that it is our year!!! I think we could beat anyone, i know you are probs tinking i'm f-ucking nuts, but it is cup football!!!

In 1990 Cork won the All Ireland, We won the cup
In 1999 Cork won the All Ireland, We won the cup
In 2005 Cork won the all Ireland, We..................????????

Can't wait, the buzz around the club is brilliant!!

ColinR
26/09/2005, 4:35 PM
to be expected - and likewise (again no offence) bray would be our dream draw. we still owe you one from 1989.

cork have won more than 2 all irelands though, so that doesn't hold up too well

superfrank
26/09/2005, 4:38 PM
Their are other things too. We beat non-league teams both times (St. Francis and Cherry Orchard(?)) and we beat Alan Mahon in 1990.

This year we've beaten Alan Mahon (UCD) and 2 non-league teams (Cherry Orchard and Avondale)

coislaoi
26/09/2005, 4:55 PM
If we draw Drogs, which is the easiest draw we can get(no offence lads) and beat em, then we are in europe again which would be fantastic.

Btw if Bray are beaten in the final against Derry and Cork City win the league then the FAI Cup EUFA spot will be taken by Derry and Shels get in the EUFA Cup for 3rd in the league. All hypothetical of course. As we found out in the EUFA Cup this year Longford got seeded for winning the FAI Cup last year ahead of us coming second in the league.

I'm pretty sure about all that but the usual health warnings apply. :eek: :eek:

So Bray will have to win the Cup to get into the EUFA Cup or play the double winners in the final (be that Cork or Derry). :D

Schumi
26/09/2005, 4:57 PM
Think that's right.

sligoman
26/09/2005, 5:31 PM
It's like the Rovers v Sligo debate. :confused:You mean, Rovers vs. Shams ;) :D

Slash/ED
26/09/2005, 6:14 PM
Without being too presumptious, I wanna see City v City in the final

So do I.

Hope the draw suits, UEFA cup and Setanta by default even if we finish third.

Rebal Boy
26/09/2005, 6:22 PM
I just hope we don't draw Derry away. Mainly cause I want to see a City vs City final and the other thing is that its a very long journey for alot of our supporters and it would be a dear trip. I'm hopeing for a home tie against Bray or Drogheda. We'll see what happens anyway.

My predition is

Cork City vs Bray Wanderers
Drogheda United vs Derry City

coislaoi
26/09/2005, 7:55 PM
You mean, Rovers vs. Shams ;) :D

Touché! :D