PDA

View Full Version : Players who barely played...

sadloserkid
25/09/2005, 7:09 PM
In the last few years alone there's been a fair few players who hardly had time to dirty their boots before they were on their way again... anybody have any others to add to this list of recent players who hardly put down roots with us...

Andrew Keeshan (1 game, he singlehandedly allowed Waterford a 4-3 win after we were 3-1 up. Tough to be a keeper I guess).

Stephane Jauny (2 games I think? He was not very good. At all.)

Dave McGauley (got injured. His career with us really was so unremarkable that I can't think of anything to say about him. Made his debut the same night as Ross Cosgrove if that impresses anybody.)

John Shine (was apparently quite handy. Injury cost him again. Managed about ten minutes in a Limerick shirt...)

Darren Young (is probably worth a place on this list already as it doesn't look like there's any way back for him despite his obvious talent. No less an authority than Willie John told us he was going to a star... sadly it hasn't quite happened)

Timmy Lynch (another who was unlucky with injuries and then couldn't break into Noel O'Connor's team)

Kevin O'Sullivan (blink and you'll miss him goalkeeper used this season)

Joe Normoyle (Big promising player who never quite seemed to make the grade. Played for UL in the 21s league after I think.)

Westside
25/09/2005, 7:27 PM
Kevin O'Sullivan (blink and you'll miss him goalkeeper used this season)

biggest problem with Kev was his mouth....he didn't talk enough to his back four............he had no presence. I'm sure he had ability but he was too quiet for me, he was never going to move Mooney, and by the looks of it we don't have a keeper in our ranks who will.

A face
25/09/2005, 9:09 PM
biggest problem with Kev was his mouth....he didn't talk enough to his back four............he had no presence. I'm sure he had ability but he was too quiet for me, he was never going to move Mooney, and by the looks of it we don't have a keeper in our ranks who will.

How is Mooney doing lads ??

Lim till i die
26/09/2005, 8:48 AM

A n awful lot better than a lot of Limerick fans would give him credit for. Had a shaking start and I considered Murdering him on several occasion but hes gradually became a top, top quality keeper for us :ball:

As for the players list Stephane Jauny - The new Zidane :eek:

sadloserkid
26/09/2005, 11:48 AM

Much better than he originally threatened to. He looks a lot more solid these days.

4tothefloor
26/09/2005, 6:23 PM
No problems with Mooney, I think he's had a great season

jebus
27/09/2005, 4:44 PM
Agree with Mooney, wasn't a fan at the start of the season, but he's looking the part these days. Still would rather Jimmy in goals though

Lim till i die
29/09/2005, 2:27 PM
:rolleyes:

Looks like us Limerick fans are a lot better at giving credit than I well, gave us credit for :o :D