PDA

View Full Version : Keane Back

Seanie
24/04/2002, 6:10 PM
Keane has been named on bench for United's game with Leverkusen tonight - reported as 85% fit.

Neil
25/04/2002, 9:21 AM
He came on for the last 10 minutes. They are saying he'll be playing for Manchester in a league game on Saturday.

I'm only waiting for him to get injured again. ****in Ferguson.

City Fan
25/04/2002, 9:29 AM
Agreed, Neil. Keano has been pushed along far too fast here, I don't care how quickly he's healed. A hamstring can act up again at any time without warning. The last thing we need is for Keanos leg to go over in Germany and for him to be out of the World Cup squad. Where would that leave us? As I've said before f***ed with a capital 'F'!!!

Murphy Out Now!!

Éanna
25/04/2002, 9:40 AM
He could easily aggravate that injury by coming back so soon. It was totally stupid bringing him on last night.

wiseman
25/04/2002, 10:50 AM
The main problem is Keane himself. He did not play in the final when they won and he wants that glory. Can't blame him when he has a more realistic chance of winning the CL and not the WC. But if he does pull up again we are shagged for the WC.

pete
25/04/2002, 10:56 AM
Best thing to happen is for Manchester to lose their next 2 games so Keane can have a rest til the WC.

Leverkusen can go to the CL final & since they make up a lot of the german squad maybe they be that bit more tired by the end of the month.

Remember is barely 6 weeks to the start of the WC.

City Fan
25/04/2002, 11:21 AM
Can have what glory, wiseman? Fact is United's shabby defence wouldn't stand a chance against Real Madrid, assuming of course that it has any against Ballack and Co. at the Bayarena.