PDA

View Full Version : We're in the Semis!

superfrank
24/09/2005, 5:26 PM
It was a great feeling last night and now we've got a place in the Semis.

Great performances by all the lads last night but especially Tyrell, Tarzan and Collie James.

And afte everyone said we wouldn't score without Eamo, we got 3 in one match. The most we've gotten in any game this season, with or without Eamo.

It's great to see Murphy finally score and Tyrell too. He's been great for us since he joined and I hope he comes back next season. Unlucky with the free.

I hope we get a home draw, otherwise I'm not too sure if I can make it to the Semi wherever it'd be.

C'mon Wanderers, if we play like we did for the first hour we will definitely have a chance of winning the Cup this year!

dublinwanderer
24/09/2005, 7:40 PM
home draw and we'll win. away and were fcuked!!!!!!!! :ball:

Seagull
24/09/2005, 8:50 PM
I thought Tresson had a great game, back to his best. Skippy is a disaster though, that first goal they got... :eek:

BrayZil
25/09/2005, 12:00 AM
Tresson, Foxy & Tyrell were outstanding last night. We've a great chance of winning the cup this year. We've taken point off all 3 teams this season so I dont care who we get as long as its a home draw.

superfrank
28/09/2005, 6:45 PM
Drogheda away. Sunday the 22nd (I think) at 3.30pm.

BrayZil
28/09/2005, 7:01 PM
Happy enough with the draw. Away to Cork or Derry would have been far worse. Should be a big crowd from Bray going down

Roo69
29/09/2005, 10:03 AM
Drogs at home would have probably been the best draw we could get but this is the 2nd best draw we could have got i suppose. All going to be very tough matches at this stage so were going to have to be at our best and Drogs have an off day.

ColinR
29/09/2005, 10:19 AM
we were both really hoping to draw each other, and we got the added bonus of being at home. will probably be a very tight match, and hopefully revenge for the 89 q/f ;)

KK77
29/09/2005, 11:43 AM
yes i remember the 89 q/f a midweek afternoon game which we snook 1-0 a great half day from school!!!!!!!

ColinR
29/09/2005, 12:09 PM
remember it well. you battered us in the first game, robbie horgan got man of the match by keeping us in it (plus the fact that it was freezing, and i'd never seen so many inflatible bananas at a loi ground before!). then the replay,terrible mistake from robbie horgan for the goal :( . let a back pass roll under his foot towards the goal for a tap in. stephen geoghegan then missed an absolute sitter (twice) with a few minutes to go.

at least we beat you to the league that season, but that was the first in a long history of let-downs i've suffered through drogheda united - so it would somewhat poetic if we reached our first cup final of my lifetime by gaining that revenge ;)

superfrank
29/09/2005, 3:01 PM
Well we can have a little preview this Friday.

Im so chuffed we got Drogheda cos now I can go to the match!

Roo69
29/09/2005, 3:17 PM
As i said with the last round against UCD, i would gladly let them win the league match if we were to beat them in the cup semis

superfrank
29/09/2005, 3:20 PM
Same here.

KR's Post
29/09/2005, 5:08 PM
This is diferent. The games are a month apart not a week... A draw on friday and a win in united park would satisfy me!!!! Hopefully we'll get a good away support, after all it is only up the road.... So every one book a seat asap!

Roo69
29/09/2005, 5:10 PM
Well of course we'd all much prefer to win on Friday and then in the semi's but what i mean is that if it came down to it a loss on friday then a win in the cup, i would'nt be upset by it

KK77
30/09/2005, 8:58 AM
i hate when we lose

Roo69
30/09/2005, 10:45 AM
i reckon every Bray fans hates when we loose, a bit obvious really, but i'm sure even you Rafa would take a league defeat for a cup semi final win ?

BrayZil
30/09/2005, 10:58 AM
If it came down to choosing, I would definitely take a place in the final. But I’m greedy and want a win tonight and to beat them in the Semis too. I’m really looking forward to the Semi final tho. I just hope we can get a couple of bus loads of people from Bray going and create a deadly atmosphere.

Roo69
03/10/2005, 5:23 PM
Drogheda United captain Simon Webb is expected to miss the FAI Carlsberg Cup semi-final clash with Bray Wanderers later this month after picking up a shoulder injury against the Seagulls on Friday night. More (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/faicup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=19383)

More news like this over the next few weeks please......

Cosmo
04/10/2005, 10:16 AM
Drogheda United captain Simon Webb is expected to miss the FAI Carlsberg Cup semi-final clash with Bray Wanderers later this month after picking up a shoulder injury against the Seagulls on Friday night. More (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/faicup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=19383)

More news like this over the next few weeks please......

Just got this from the clubs email thingy :) :

Good news for the Drogs
After further inspection to Simon Webb's injury sustained against Bray last Friday night, it does not appear to be as bad as initially suspected.
It is hoped Simon will be fit for the FAI Cup Semi Final on Sunday 23rd October, where the Drogs will play host to Bray Wanderers.