PDA

View Full Version : They should of had a peno

Pages : [1] 2

lowflyingseagul
24/09/2005, 10:42 AM
life's a bitch hahahaha

Colie
24/09/2005, 12:21 PM
OK, fair play to yee & all that & I hope it goes well being a small(er) club & all.

Stewarding at your ground is a joke. We hire a securo company, youes get 18 year olds & give them a yellow jacket? They really don't know how to do the job. In fact they were cheering Bray on up in our faces & then threatened to kick us out? Don't ask me why.

Youes are the fans, youes are the club. Sort it out please.

I hope yee win the cup by the way.

lowflyingseagul
24/09/2005, 12:30 PM
i think it's lads cursing in dublin 4 accents that bugs the sh!t out of everyone.

Poor Student
24/09/2005, 1:24 PM
i think it's lads cursing in dublin 4 accents that bugs the sh!t out of everyone.

How anyone would have a problem with cursing in Bray is beyond me. Surely the first proud words of any child in Bray is an expletive as most of the spawn that sprawls the Carlisle can do this before they enter school. You stewards cannot do their job. No objectivity, no will, no intelligence.

Bald Student
24/09/2005, 2:09 PM
I have no interest in watching a match while having bits of rotten fruit thrown at me.
I won't be back to the Carslile untill the issue is sorted out properly.

superfrank
24/09/2005, 4:00 PM
How anyone would have a problem with cursing in Bray is beyond me. Surely the first proud words of any child in Bray is an expletive as most of the spawn that sprawls the Carlisle can do this before they enter school.
:D
Sure, sure....

superfrank
24/09/2005, 4:02 PM
I have no interest in watching a match while having bits of rotten fruit thrown at me.
I won't be back to the Carslile untill the issue is sorted out properly.
Honestly, I'm not that bothered. I know alot of the stewards personally and they know how to do their job and I like the fact that they are supporters of the club and not any old knob-jockey grabbed off the street.

lowflyingseagul
24/09/2005, 4:18 PM
i don't think the stewards would be doing the job for the money and fair play to'em. BLOODY STUDENTS

Poor Student
24/09/2005, 5:26 PM
I like the fact that they are supporters of the club and not any old knob-jockey grabbed off the street.

They're both. Incompetent fools.

Seagull
24/09/2005, 7:44 PM
Incompetent fools.
I think we all know who the incompetent fools were last night- they were wearing blue shirts! :D

pineapple stu
24/09/2005, 8:44 PM
I know a lot of the stewards personally and they know how to do their job
They don't. At all. And you can tell them that. It took copious whining at them from us to get them to move the knacker kids.

I think we all know who the incompetent fools were last night- they were wearing blue shirts!
The officials weren't wearing blue. :confused:

BrayZil
24/09/2005, 11:05 PM
Jesus the stewarts were only having a bit of banter. Just winging cos youz lost!!!! :D

superfrank
25/09/2005, 12:00 PM
They don't. At all. And you can tell them that. It took copious whining at them from us to get them to move the knacker kids.
We don't have a segregated away section so anyone can stand where they want. They knew what they were doing when they were chasing those UCD fans who went to shout at the ref.

I think they do a very good job., I'll tell them that.

By the way, according to the match report on BrayWanderers.ie the penalty wasn't given because of a UCD infringement in the build-up and the ref judged that they cancelled each other out. Don't ask.

Poor Student
25/09/2005, 12:48 PM
By the way, according to the match report on BrayWanderers.ie the penalty wasn't given because of a UCD infringement in the build-up and the ref judged that they cancelled each other out. Don't ask.

That doesn't make any sense. Either you blow up for the infringement or you allow play to continue as you believe there was none and award the penalty for what happened in open play. There's no half way house. It was either your free or our penalty, not neither.

Colie
25/09/2005, 1:18 PM
Jesus the stewarts were only having a bit of banter. Just winging cos youz lost!!!! :D
The point is they are meant to steward the match, not watch it. We hire a securo company. Nuff said. Sort it out plase & don't just joke it away, it's a serious issue that you need to take care of.

lowflyingseagul
25/09/2005, 2:00 PM
i think the stewards went to trinity

Rocky Rules
25/09/2005, 5:29 PM
It was all low-key enough. There ARE too many kids wandering around doing anything but watching the game. Visiting fans (as few and as harmless as UCD) shouldn't have a problem.Otherwise god help us when, say, Rovers come in an important match! Remember the Bohs invasions....

It was a stone dead peno. Ref rewriting history. However, we've had a few stone-dead penos we didn't get this season. All evens out. Heres to a semi v Drogheda at home (please!)

BrayZil
26/09/2005, 9:14 AM
The point is they are meant to steward the match, not watch it. We hire a securo company. Nuff said. Sort it out plase & don't just joke it away, it's a serious issue that you need to take care of.

I agree stewarding is a serious issue. All of the stewarts have being fully trained and they very rarely get to watch the match. There was only about 12 UCD fans at the game who cause no trouble so the stewarts didnt have a lot to do so got to watch some of the game! We do take it serious and for Bohs, Rovers etc we up the security.

Poor Student
26/09/2005, 9:41 AM
There was 20 of us grouped together and more around the ground. In your ground the smaller the number can actually be a problem. The kids move around you like a swarm of rodents shouting abuse at you the whole game, running up to you and posturing up to you, throwing things at you. Their whole purpose is to make your stay in Bray a misery and ironically watch far less of the game than the stewards. The stewards stood idly by until pretty late in the game where having had a lot of complaining done to them and while food was actually being thrown at us they clicked into action.

Schumi
26/09/2005, 11:49 AM
The stewards in Bray were pathetic. It took 20 minutes of me asking the simian beside me to do his job and clear the kids who were throwing stuff away from us. During this time he threatened to throw me out twice while laughing as the kids kept throwing stuff. At this stage there about 10 of them standing around the area doing nothing.

We don't have a segregated away section You're required to under UEFA licensing.

they know how to do their jobWhy don't they do it then?

Macy
26/09/2005, 11:57 AM
I can't believe this is carrying on in Bray - for years now we've been promised it will be sorted, but it never is. Luckily this year when we were there they were annoying the spanish students instead of us, but Bray's lack of action on stewarding and on the unaccompanied kids causing hassle is absolutely pathetic at this stage.

superfrank
26/09/2005, 3:52 PM
I admit I don't know how the stewards treat the away fans as it never concerns me at the Carlisle so I can't defend them on that front but in their major dealings around the stadium that I've noticed they've done their job.

I remember one incident at the Shels match when, after we scored, they blocked the way between our fans and the Shels fans that were on the otherside of the pressbox.

And another time at the Harps match when some kids, probably the ones you're on, about went over to annoy the Harps fans after we scored, they were taken away.

I honestly don't know these kids but there does seem to be a big group of them that run around the Greystones End and the seated area just to cause trouble.

But, IMO & AFAIK, the stewards do a good job.

KR's Post
26/09/2005, 4:22 PM
run around the Greystones End

What end... Has it been re-named!!!!!!!!! :p ;)

Bald Student
26/09/2005, 4:23 PM
And another time at the Harps match when some kids, probably the ones you're on, about went over to annoy the Harps fans after we scored, they were taken away.This is the key thing here Frank. Usually when a kid start acting up a steward has a word with the kid and tells him to sit down. About one time in three this doesn't happen. We all know that if a kid gets away with throwing something at the away fans you'll pretty soon have 30 or so of them running around the ground trying to find something to throw themselves.
What made last Friday particularly bad was that when a UCD fan asked a steward to do something he was told that if he didn't stop complaining he'd be thrown out.
You need to make a section of the ground the family section and make any unsupervised children sit there or else make an away section from which the children are excluded.

superfrank
26/09/2005, 4:25 PM
What end... Has it been re-named!!!!!!!!! :p ;)
That's what the Shankill boys call it. You know what one I mean!

superfrank
26/09/2005, 4:26 PM
You need to make a section of the ground the family section and make any unsupervised children sit there or else make an away section from which the children are excluded.
I'd like to see anyone try and force a bunch of pre-pubescent, hyper kids sit in one place for 2 hours.

Schumi
26/09/2005, 4:27 PM
You need to make a section of the ground the family section and make any unsupervised children sit there
And then bring in the machine gunners. :D

BrayZil
26/09/2005, 4:31 PM
I wasn’t aware of any of this stuff that goes on with kids messing. Maybe cos I’m over the far side of the grounds I don’t see it. But serious questions need to be asked of this steward who did nothing about it.

Bald Student
26/09/2005, 4:38 PM
I wasn’t aware of any of this stuff that goes on with kids messing. Maybe cos I’m over the far side of the grounds I don’t see it. But serious questions need to be asked of this steward who did nothing about it.No. The steward was no more than 18 years old. He's shouldn't be held accountable for anything. To be fair when an older steward arrived about 20 min from the end he sorted the situation out fairly fast.

The bottom line is that football is in the entertainment business and untill this is sorted properly I'll find better ways of spending my Friday evenings.

superfrank
26/09/2005, 4:43 PM
but Bray's lack of action.....on the unaccompanied kids causing hassle is absolutely pathetic at this stage.
What can you do?? If a kid says "my da went to get a hot-dog" or "my mas in the toilet" what can you do?

It's impossible to make sure every child is accompanied. And if you're not going to let kids into matches then they'll go watch English football and there'll be less people at the matches.

KR's Post
26/09/2005, 4:44 PM
That's what the Shankill boys call it. You know what one I mean!
I know what you mean!!!!!!!!! ;)

Schumi
26/09/2005, 4:49 PM
What can you do?? If a kid says "my da went to get a hot-dog" or "my mas in the toilet" what can you do?
It's less the unaccompanied kids than the hassle that needs to be dealt with. If they want to run around ignoring the match, I don't care as long as they're not annoying people.

pineapple stu
26/09/2005, 5:48 PM
Cork introduced a policy of no unattended kids being allowed into matches because the place was turning into a creche (Brian Lennox's words, not mine). You can catch this at the gate fairly handy. Bray have tried absolutely nothing in the five or six years I've been goig to games regularly. Why not?

Locker
27/09/2005, 2:04 PM
:D :D just like to ask you UCD fans are you looking forward to the semi-final drawv tommorow,,,,,,,,Stop moaning yous g*bsh*tes yous don't deserve to get through,,,,,,,,, after all how many would be at the final if yous got there,no more than 5,000 people that would be a shame to the league..... :D :D :p

Roo69
27/09/2005, 2:19 PM
In fairness Locker this is a problem so no point coming on and knocking people for speaking the truth.

Were not the only club with this problem and all clubs need to get it sorted.

BrayZil
27/09/2005, 3:30 PM
We do have a problem and it needs sorting. I know were Lockers coming from tho. A cup final is all about the fans, big day out with the whole family decked out in the team’s colours and all that. I just don't think it would be fair to see UCD in the final with their 15 or so fans. There’s a bit of a buzz in Bray at the moment and if we get to the final we will pull in the crowds.

superfrank
27/09/2005, 3:34 PM
If we get a home draw for the Semi, we will pull in the crowds. What's the official capacity? I thought I heard 5000 somewhere?

pineapple stu
27/09/2005, 5:53 PM
A cup final is all about the fans...I just don't think it would be fair to see UCD in the final with their 15 or so fans.
This from the club who had 15 fans tops in their singing section and were outnumbered by the visiting UCD support? ;)

We had a few more than 15 in the League Cup Final and could do the same again for an FAI Cup Final when next we get there.

(Before the whining starts, though, I do see your point. ;) )

Roo69
28/09/2005, 11:22 AM
This from the club who had 15 fans tops in their singing section and were outnumbered by the visiting UCD support? ;)

We had a few more than 15 in the League Cup Final and could do the same again for an FAI Cup Final when next we get there.

Ah no don't be silly ! we know we don't have the biggest support in the league by a long way but don't even try and compare UCD's to Bray's

pineapple stu
28/09/2005, 12:18 PM
I compared our singing support, not our overall support. I did this by looking across the ground at your singing support and then looking around at ours. Ours was bigger.

Poor Student
28/09/2005, 12:24 PM
Yes we have a very low support compared to other premier clubs but our pure vocal away support numbered 20 in the last two games to Bray and this was in fact far more evident in the league game where you vocal support numbered 0. The numbers may sound crap but our crowds are increasing.

BrayZil
28/09/2005, 12:37 PM

Believe me there’s more in our singing group than 15. At our home games the majority of our fans in the supporters club help out during the home games, manning turnstiles, doing odd jobs etc. That’s the main reason the atmosphere isn’t great at home cos were all scattered around the grounds.

pineapple stu
28/09/2005, 12:39 PM
That doesn't make sense. Were they manning turnstiles for the whole game? Are the old ladies in the shop part of your singing support? Could they not find you during the game? (Well... :p )

Macy
28/09/2005, 12:46 PM
That doesn't make sense. Were they manning turnstiles for the whole game? Are the old ladies in the shop part of your singing support? Could they not find you during the game? (Well... :p )
They were stewarding the away fans... :D

superfrank
28/09/2005, 1:42 PM
There are more in our singing support. As a member I know that a few of the lads weren't there on Friday for various reasons.

Poor Student
28/09/2005, 1:47 PM
There are more in our singing support. As a member I know that a few of the lads weren't there on Friday for various reasons.

And for the league game none of you turned up? :D

BrayZil
28/09/2005, 1:52 PM
Obviously their not going to be on the turnstiles for the whole match. :rolleyes: And yes a couple of the stewards are fans. Your basing this on the group of fans clumped together beside the press box. Just because all the Bray fans are not all clumped together in the shed doesn’t mean their not all singing. The majority of people in the shed will join in singing when the lads start.

superfrank
28/09/2005, 2:00 PM
And for the league game none of you turned up? :D
I can't remember that......

lowflyingseagul
28/09/2005, 2:21 PM
ucd's firm against bray's meet in the bowling alley car

Schumi
28/09/2005, 2:36 PM
The majority of people in the shed will join in singing when the lads start.When will this be? :D