PDA

View Full Version : Rico's programme notes

MariborKev
23/09/2005, 9:39 PM
Those listening to RTE MW had the privilege of hearing Eoin Hand read out Rico's programme notes.

For those that didn't hear it, it compared the FAI Cup to a beautiful woman.

If any Cork fans are out there, please post it as it was genius

harry crumb
23/09/2005, 9:57 PM
Very funny listening to it on the way home. :D

"Damien Richardson is the Mark Twain of Irish soccer"

Passive
24/09/2005, 9:40 AM
This remains my favourite ever Rico quote. I've even kept it on my computer just to look at every now and again. It was printed during our stint in Santry the week after Cork - as f*cking usual - had scored a last minute winner against us in Turnips Cross:

"It is a feeling of utter desolation. In a sporting sense there can be nothing as emotionally devastating as the concession of a 92nd minute winning goal. Whether one possesses the stoical stature of an empirical philosopher or a more mundane propensity for self-gratification, the cataclysmic effect of ones removal from pole position is the most injurious. However, by virtue of the fact that the operative word in the above encapsulation is could, I would suggest for your deliberation, that it is the propensity of champions to have the ability to suffer the ignominy of irretrievable capability for proper perception."

My name is Passive and I love Damien Richardson.

Rory H
24/09/2005, 10:11 AM
This remains my favourite ever Rico quote. I've even kept it on my computer just to look at every now and again. It was printed during our stint in Santry the week after Cork - as f*cking usual - had scored a last minute winner against us in Turnips Cross:

"It is a feeling of utter desolation. In a sporting sense there can be nothing as emotionally devastating as the concession of a 92nd minute winning goal. Whether one possesses the stoical stature of an empirical philosopher or a more mundane propensity for self-gratification, the cataclysmic effect of ones removal from pole position is the most injurious. However, by virtue of the fact that the operative word in the above encapsulation is could, I would suggest for your deliberation, that it is the propensity of champions to have the ability to suffer the ignominy of irretrievable capability for proper perception."

My name is Passive and I love Damien Richardson.

my favourite was last night when he shouted to kearney

"what the **** was that"

i have a simple mind

gustavo
24/09/2005, 2:39 PM
Those listening to RTE MW had the privilege of hearing Eoin Hand read out Rico's programme notes.

For those that didn't hear it, it compared the FAI Cup to a beautiful woman.

If any Cork fans are out there, please post it as it was genius

ill scan it and put it on tonight!

Sheridan
24/09/2005, 4:17 PM
"You know, Paul, winning the FAI Cup is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You've got to...negotiate the preliminaries...progress beyond a semi...and then keep it tight for the first twenty minutes on the big occasion."

razor
24/09/2005, 5:41 PM
Looks like Swiss Rico had a little too much time on his hands during his recent visit to hospital.
Last nights notes were immense, the best ever.
Can you ever imagine the likes of Shoddy coming out with this.

"I have on the odd occasion, been swept along on a veritable tsunami of "testosteronic" desire and, even in the midst of that maelstrom of male confusion, i have understood totally that I have relinquished control all too easily"

BohDiddley
24/09/2005, 5:46 PM
I blame his English teacher.

Éanna
25/09/2005, 2:19 PM
I blame his English teacher.
I blame his gobbledygook teacher!

pete
25/09/2005, 5:19 PM
"You know, Paul, winning the FAI Cup is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You've got to...negotiate the preliminaries...progress beyond a semi...and then keep it tight for the first twenty minutes on the big occasion."

He didn't really write that did he? Could be children reading that :eek:

gustavo
25/09/2005, 6:17 PM
wheres the option to post an attachment gone :confused:

hoops1
26/09/2005, 9:14 AM
My favourite quote from
Damien 'why use one word when you can use 47' Richardson
was about a Bohs performance
"The interdepartmental choreography between midfield and forwards
was not on the same intellectual wavelength" :eek:

Meaning they couldnt pass the ball I think!

Jerry The Saint
26/09/2005, 10:05 AM
"I have on the odd occasion, been swept along on a veritable tsunami of "testosteronic" desire and, even in the midst of that maelstrom of male confusion, i have understood totally that I have relinquished control all too easily"

:eek:

This is an admission from Rico of what we've all been warning Cork people about - he always shoots his load too early!