PDA

View Full Version : I was ashamed

superal
23/09/2005, 9:20 PM
I was ashamed for a few minutes tonight to be part of the Cork City Support when the Sligo ROvers player was sent off and a section of the DF booed as he went off. Is this the new type of support or is this an isolated incident

ccfcgirl
23/09/2005, 9:30 PM
I didnt notice this to be honest .

harry crumb
23/09/2005, 9:37 PM
I was singing "Slan Leat". :D

Schunter Netz
24/09/2005, 12:12 AM
Its a normal reaction. The sent-off player has to walk under the DF crowd, they have a poke at him as he goes away. No big deal unless it gets nasty. Usually its just a bye-bye kind of thing. If the player has kicked the bejasus out of a City player, of course the crowd is going to be angry at the sent-off one. Obvious indeed. Last time it got very nasty was the Portadown player who scored and got so high on his achievement that he chased George round the pitch until George conned him into kicking him. Famous for a second, what was his name again?

shedhead
24/09/2005, 12:18 AM
whats wrong with booing the opposing teams player after getting sent off(which totally changed the game,would of been closer if he stayed on)

superal
24/09/2005, 11:52 AM
Call me naive but there was no malice or bad football last night other than just poor performance but imo to boo a player who lets face it was playing with some gusto last night and Sligo looked like a team who wanted to win well I think its not right . Even the penalty decision we got was not 100% justified imo. Dont get me wrong but I am just as happy to sing cheerio as a player departs but to boo, come on. lets not forget we were on TV again last night.

harry crumb
24/09/2005, 12:03 PM
:rolleyes:

Bosco
24/09/2005, 1:21 PM
lets not forget we were on TV again last night.

I must say i had to switch off last night when the booing started,there were kids in the room :rolleyes:

Conor H
24/09/2005, 1:23 PM
:rolleyes:
I second that.

Fair_play_boy
24/09/2005, 1:44 PM
I was ashamed for a few minutes tonight to be part of the Cork City Support when the Sligo ROvers player was sent off and a section of the DF booed as he went off. Is this the new type of support or is this an isolated incidentI was one of those who booed loud and long. He dererved to get the red for a professional foul, and he begged to be booed for taking his own sweet time leaving the pitch.
No apologies.

Poor Student
24/09/2005, 1:54 PM
Do I follow a different sport or something? Is it not convention to boo the opposition player when he is sent off? :confused:

superfrank
24/09/2005, 4:20 PM
Agree with PS. I always boo opposing players being sent off.

RedX
24/09/2005, 4:31 PM
I must say i had to switch off last night when the booing started,there were kids in the room :rolleyes:

Was it nice to see two teams playing attacking Football then?.. ;)

The Stars
24/09/2005, 5:18 PM
Sure thats why he turned it off.....they might realise Longford play sh!t football

Bosco
24/09/2005, 7:46 PM
They were also wondering why there was soo many people there............ ;)

feo123
24/09/2005, 8:01 PM
whats the DF???

A face
24/09/2005, 8:24 PM
whats the DF???

Donie Forde Stand

I actually didnt think much of the booing for the red ..... i thought the ref game a yellow out really early though, about five minutes in for a nothing issue, thought we were in a sh!te game for then on but fair play .... the ref had a good game too.

Fair_play_boy
24/09/2005, 8:29 PM
Was it nice to see two teams playing attacking Football then?.. ;)OK RedX you are getting a POTM nomination for that post. Pure class boy. :)

Bosco
25/09/2005, 2:07 PM
OK RedX you are getting a POTM nomination for that post. Pure class boy. :)

Oh yes for that witty unpredictable quote.....I never even seen it coming :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .Absolute genius i say

Éanna
25/09/2005, 2:14 PM
superal- what are you on? he fouled roy to prevent a clear goalscoring opportunity, he deserved to be booed. get over yourself

Fair_play_boy
25/09/2005, 4:38 PM
Oh yes for that witty unpredictable quote.....I never even seen it coming :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .Absolute genius i sayBosco, it was way more unpredictable than most of Longford's play. Why are Longfordians so touchy about the boredom thing? If ye are so unhappy about other clubs' supporters noticing Longford's negative approach to games, then do something with your club to make it more attractive to go and watch. :ball:

A face
25/09/2005, 5:37 PM
then do something with your club to make it more attractive to go and watch. :ball:

Exactly .... cant go blaming everyone else for the way you play !! :eek:

RedX
25/09/2005, 6:33 PM
OK RedX you are getting a POTM nomination for that post. Pure class boy. :)

Your nomination is Hugely appreciated... :D

Bosco
25/09/2005, 9:47 PM
Jesus christ lighten up will ya.You are in a way right about our play but what in gods name has that got to do with one of your fans feeling ashamed because you boo'd an opposition player."Cant go blaming everyone else for the way you play" where did i blame anyone or mention the way we play once.All i did was say that Redx hardly deserved post of the month for something which seems to be mentioned everytime a cork fan sees a longford avatar.Ye just attemptd to start a longford slagging match about the way we play football(not for the 1st time),all because a longford fan posted about something totally unrelated to football style.Ye've turned into a sad sad bunch

patsh
26/09/2005, 6:52 AM
Ye've turned into a sad sad bunch
And thats one thing a Longford fan would instantly recognise.....:p

Troy.McClure
26/09/2005, 3:02 PM
I was in the middle of the DF, fight behind the Sligo bench and didnt notice any large scale booing, maybe there were a few kids or something, but you're getting more PC than Bill Gates!

Éanna
26/09/2005, 3:04 PM
I was in the middle of the DF, fight behind the Sligo bench and didnt notice any large scale booing, maybe there were a few kids or something, but you're getting more PC than Bill Gates!
hooligan! I knew hanging around with Shels fans would affect you!

Colm
26/09/2005, 5:26 PM
Ye've turned into a sad sad bunch

We should probably take that as a compliment coming from a sheep shagging, hoofball loving, unambitious bogger from Longford! :p :D

Cityfeen
27/09/2005, 10:13 AM
I was ashamed for a few minutes tonight to be part of the Cork City Support when the Sligo ROvers player was sent off and a section of the DF booed as he went off. Is this the new type of support or is this an isolated incident
Ha Ha are you for real? :confused: Dont EVER go to the shed u'll never get over it :rolleyes:

Copa Mundial
27/09/2005, 10:25 AM

The booing looked to be down to the fact that the player took what seemed like an eternity to leave the pitch after his red card. A couple of more seconds out there and you may have seen tears ;)

joey B
27/09/2005, 12:24 PM

SHOCK!! :eek: HORROR!! :eek: Fans boo opposing player. Lighten up for christ sake :rolleyes:

Red4Eva
27/09/2005, 2:25 PM
i don't think kaps deserved to get booed but he did take his time leaving da pitch. i doubt he took too much offence from a pretty inaudible boo

sligoman
27/09/2005, 2:42 PM
i don't think kaps deserved to get booed but he did take his time leaving da pitch.In fairness, whenever a player is sent off, they always get booed by opposing fans, deservedly or not.

Troy.McClure
27/09/2005, 4:38 PM
the player took what seemed like an eternity to leave the pitch after his red card

Ah thats right, I forgot about that.

Boooooo, get off the pitch! :mad:

roversforever
30/09/2005, 9:46 AM
Oh I wish I was a Sligoman ......... a true purveyor of total football. Now I know why the missus wants to move to the North West ........... Would you say you play a more stylish brand of football than the Chokers - did ye learn it from them or was it t'other way round ??

Would ye boys be the most stylish team in the first division ?? Three teams below ye have all scored more goals than ye and Mighty Kilkenny have scored only one less.

I can't wait for next season with the two most stylish teams in Ireland playing in the premier. sligo versus the chokers ................ I'd say the chokers would beat ye every time ;)
whats your problem?don't start giving the rovers stick just coz a few cork lads,not rovers fans,pointed out that your team plays sh!tty football!!