PDA

View Full Version : Thugs in the Nou Camp

City Fan
24/04/2002, 10:50 AM
Anyone got an opinion on the scum who threw all those missiles at the Real players in the Nou Camp last night. Now I realise that at the Bernabeu the Real fans are similarly anything but saints, but surely it's not right that people trying to do their jobs to the best of their ability are treated like this. I think it's high time the Spanish FA and the clubs concerned got their act together and slapped life bans on these thugs.

Murphy Out Now!!

Éanna
24/04/2002, 1:04 PM
I don't think you'll ever eliminate that kind of thing from el Derbi. The hatred runs too deep.

joe
24/04/2002, 1:29 PM
UEFA fined the pair of them after their home quarter-final ties, so obviously that has done the trick :rolleyes:

pete
24/04/2002, 2:48 PM
What missles were thrown? All I saw were a few plastic bottles thrown at the bench when Real scored the 2nd.

Schumi
24/04/2002, 6:03 PM
There was loads of stuff thrown at the Real keeper. He ended up getting a yellow card for delaying a kick-out after he was hit with something!

City Fan
25/04/2002, 9:07 AM
Thanks for pointing that out Schumi. Anyone who didn't see the amount of missiles thrown is either blind, a majorly biased Barca fan or someone who condones such behaviour in football stadia!
As regards a fine after the quater-final games 'doing the trick'. B***OX!! These clubs have financial resources that no fine could even put a slight dent in and 'fans' like that will always act as they please regardless.