PDA

View Full Version : Clubs delegates to the FAI

A face
22/09/2005, 10:36 PM
How does it work .... does each eircome League club have a delegate that attends all the board meeting/EGMs/AGMs on behalf of the club. I'd imagine it works like any other system, its just we never hear much about it ??

Anyone have a clearer picture of this one ??

MariborKev
22/09/2005, 10:44 PM
That the jist of it- though are you speaking about the eL or the FAI?

If we are talking about the eL its a different system, but I will assume it is the FAI for now

Each club has a representative who attends FAI Council meetings as well as AGMS etc on their behalf.

Cosmo
22/09/2005, 10:50 PM

If we are talking about the eL its a different system, but I will assume it is the FAI for now

Each club has a representative who attends FAI Council meetings as well as AGMS etc on their behalf.

Here's 2 questions for supporters:

1. do you know who your official club rep is?

2. do you think he's approachable to bring up issues that effect the ordinary supporter at your club.

I'll answer for drogheda:

1. Yes

2. No

A face
22/09/2005, 10:51 PM

Yeah it was the FAI i was on about.
How is league done while we're at it ??

Is there a list of all the clubs delegates anywhere ?? The delegate changes/can change every year yeah !?!

MariborKev
22/09/2005, 11:00 PM
A Face

There is a list of the reps on the back page of every home international programme

In answer to your questions Cosmo

1. Yes

2. Yes

The eircom League is structured different, with each club also appointing a rep to it. For some clubs its the same rep, some clubs it a different rep.

These club reps make up the eircom League Board of management

Within the eircom League there is Board of Control(can't remember if it is ten or twelve members)

Cosmo
22/09/2005, 11:04 PM
A Face

There is a list of the reps on the back page of every home international programme

In answer to your questions Cosmo

1. Yes

2. Yes

The eircom League is structured different, with each club also appointing a rep to it. For some clubs its the same rep, some clubs it a different rep.

These club reps make up the eircom League Board of management

Within the eircom League there is Board of Control(can't remember if it is ten or twelve members)

So have you raised issues directly effecting the ordinary derry supporter recently??

Not doubting ye, but if every clubs reps were as approachable and stirred it a bit we wouldnt have the farce of letting them get away with taking banners down criticising them or fining clubs for banners :confused:

EDIT: ....... or taking away 27 tickts off eircom league supporters for france match

MariborKev
22/09/2005, 11:08 PM
Cosmo,

The FAI aren't responsible for the fines for banners etc.

As far as I understand it those issues would have to be raised with the eircom League rep.

A face
22/09/2005, 11:09 PM
Is there anywhere we can find out which clubs have which reps ??

Cosmo
22/09/2005, 11:11 PM
Cosmo,

The FAI aren't responsible for the fines for banners etc.

As far as I understand it those issues would have to be raised with the eircom League rep.

Fair enough, but to echo a face who are the EL reps?? If the ordinary joe bloggs knew who they were we could start from there - im not taking no sh!t no more :mad:

Schumi
23/09/2005, 1:59 PM
There was a list of club delegates in the League Cup programme on Tuesday. I don't know whether that was FAI or EL but I'd imagine it was EL delegates . I can post a list here on Monday or over the weekend if people are interested.

MariborKev
23/09/2005, 2:35 PM
Eircom League Officers and Management Committee Representatives 2005 season.

Chairman: Paddy McCaul
Treasurer: Eamon Naughton
Minutes Secretary: Brendan Duffy

Athlone Town: Tony Connaughton
Bohemians: Gerry Cuffe
Bray: Jack O'Neill
Cobh: Barry Walsh
Cork: Jim Murphy
Derry: Jim Roddy
Drogheda: Paddy Martin
Dublin City: Ronan Seery
Dundalk: Tony O'Kane
Finn Harps: John McNulty
Galway: Bernie O'Connell
Kildare: Jim Dowling
Kilkenny: Caroline Rhatigan
Limerick: Noel Hanley
Longford: Donald Keogh
Monaghan: Colm Mahony
Shamrock Rovers: Noel Byrne
Shelbourne: Shay Weafer
Sligo Rovers: Ray Gallagher
St Pats: Paul Garrigan
UCD: Gerald Harkin
Waterford: Ray Scott

Cosmo
23/09/2005, 2:44 PM
Eircom League Officers and Management Committee Representatives 2005 season.

Derry: Jim Roddy

I thought he wasn't an 'official' anymore :confused: - ah well, we never lived in a perfect world did we ;)

Out of that list, do supporters of each club believe they can get their voice heard at these things? Also did anyone ever try to voice their concerns about some things through their EL rep :confused:

Schumi
23/09/2005, 2:46 PM
Thanks Maribor, that'll save my typing fingers. :D

Jaime
23/09/2005, 3:19 PM
Interesting list. It would be handy to make that list a sticky, maybe along with other such useful information.

Bald Student
23/09/2005, 3:26 PM
UCD: Gerald HarkinJust for the record it's Gerry Horkan. Yes I know the man and he is approachable.

Cosmo
24/09/2005, 10:07 AM
Just for the record it's Gerry Horkan. Yes I know the man and he is approachable.

then why didnt ye approach him to bring up some of the disgraceful things that have happened recently :confused:

Cosmo
24/09/2005, 10:08 AM
Interesting list. It would be handy to make that list a sticky, maybe along with other such useful information.

It would only be handy if supporters took advantage of it and at present were not

MariborKev
24/09/2005, 10:56 AM
then why didnt ye approach him to bring up some of the disgraceful things that have happened recently :confused:

Cosmo,

Given the way the FAI staff appear to watch this message board these days certain people decide not to mention things that they may have done ;)

Check your PMs

Cosmo
24/09/2005, 10:58 AM
Cosmo,

Given the way the FAI staff appear to watch this message board these days certain people decide not to mention things that they may have done ;)

Check your PMs

Respect - if there is something to respect ye for ;) :D

But im serious, what is the point on people knowing about the list if they dont use it to their advantage :confused: