PDA

View Full Version : Selling their soul

joeraki
22/09/2005, 7:12 PM
I've had a read of the Roddy and Mileson stuff in the papers today. Please tell me that an EL club are stupid enough to be bought out by this sham.

My take on it was he wouldn't buy into Rovers as he wasn't getting the land. Seems like any club with their own land might be in line for "fools gold"

hoopy
22/09/2005, 7:25 PM
The land in Bray would be valuable for someone wanting to build a hotel, especially with the dart so near

Bald Student
22/09/2005, 7:29 PM
What would be cool would be a hotel in bray with a roof-top football stadium.

A first in world football.

superfrank
22/09/2005, 7:48 PM
Don't Monaco have something like this?

And what's with Rovers moving out here?? :eek:

joeraki
22/09/2005, 8:12 PM

And what's with Rovers moving out here?? :eek:

what ?

holidaysong
22/09/2005, 9:35 PM

It is built on a carpark.

blutil
22/09/2005, 10:07 PM
this place in japan has high rise apartments/hotel as its stadium, would it work in bray ?

http://www.burningdoor.com/matt/archives/hvalley.jpg

MariborKev
22/09/2005, 10:48 PM
Blutil

I don't know what your on about?

That's Happy Valley ractrack in Hong Kong.

That picture shows the stands and executive boxes for the stadium.

Incidentally the Hong Kong football Club(where the GAA All-Stars game was played this year) is in the infield of the racetrack. The HK GAA side also train in the infield of that stadium.

blutil
23/09/2005, 12:05 AM
:o oop's

just saw it on a blog with this quote "The way the highrise flats pen in the smooth, looping green ribbon of grass track is unlike any sporting venue I've ever seen. It's a remarkable, dramatic setting. The enormous grandstand complex completes the effect." dont believe everything on the internet eh, i'll put in more research and thought before any further posts.

Macy
23/09/2005, 7:20 AM
The land in Bray would be valuable for someone wanting to build a hotel, especially with the dart so near
Would be if it wasn't for the fact that Bray don't own it. Christ, they couldn't even get permission for Rovers to groundshare out there....

superfrank
23/09/2005, 10:08 AM
What the **** is this all about? :confused: :mad: Do Shamrock Rovers want to ground share with us or are the council planning on selling the Carlisle?

Roverstillidie
23/09/2005, 10:14 AM
What the **** is this all about? :confused: :mad: Do Shamrock Rovers want to ground share with us or are the council planning on selling the Carlisle?

here, leave us out of this.
story is that mileson wants to buy an irish club after failing to buy the hoops. bray and pats have been mentioned.
only obvious flaw is that he will install the rodster as your manager.
remember the rovers deal only fell apart when sdcc wouldnt give him office space in the tallaght stadium to run his insurance empire at 10% corporate tax.

BrayZil
23/09/2005, 10:50 AM

Don't be silly we'd never let rovers into the Carlisle and the council can't sell the Carlisle cos we have a 50 year lease on the grounds. The papers have been saying that a possible investor is interested in investing money in Bray or Pats that’s all.

Schumi
23/09/2005, 2:07 PM
The impression I got from his Rovers involvement was that he was only interested in making money off the land in Tallaght. Other clubs beware!

Jaime
23/09/2005, 3:23 PM
He's hardly the first person to try to make money out of the joke that Rovers were for years. Still and all though, Roddy seemed to be saying on the radio last night that after buying the club was ruled out, he was still interesting in "coming on board as a sponsor". Maybe we're assuming too much re: his motives.

Frankfurt Hoop
23/09/2005, 3:54 PM
Mileson met the Rovers board and threw millions of crisp new sterling notes at them all the while singing 'build me up buttercup". The Rovers directors impolitely refused Mileson's largesse and informed him in clear terms that our new club policy is oblivion.

If Collins said it, it has to be true!

Jaime
23/09/2005, 4:02 PM
Mileson met the Rovers board and threw millions of crisp new sterling notes at them all the while singing 'build me up buttercup". The Rovers directors impolitely refused Mileson's largesse and informed him in clear terms that our new club policy is oblivion.

If Collins said it, it has to be true!

Not quite what I was getting at, but more or less. You might know the people who are running Rovers this month, but the rest of us have no reason to trust them any more than we would normally trust Roddy.

hoopy
23/09/2005, 6:49 PM
Trust them? Are you a creditor? What are you on about?