PDA

View Full Version : Miller determined to make his mark at United

thejollyrodger
22/09/2005, 9:30 AM
22/09/05

Miller determined to make his mark at United
By Simon Stone
http://www.irishexaminer.com/pport/web/sport/Full_Story/did-sgun-tpgeooJQsgdq-nXlDAyFE.asp

FORGOTTEN man Liam Miller is itching for the chance to prove he is capable of making his Manchester United breakthrough.

The Irish international moved from Celtic with high hopes last summer but has failed to make a major impact at Old Trafford.

So far he has made just three Premiership starts and his only appearance this season was as a substitute in the Champions League qualifying triumph over Debrecen in Budapest last month.

There have been suggestions Miller might be allowed to leave during the January transfer window, with struggling Sunderland among those believed to be interested in the 24-year-old midfielder.

However, Miller is still intent on carving out a career for himself at United, and with captain Roy Keane now absent for two months with a broken foot, opportunities may be about to present themselves, particularly when the Red Devils begin their Carling Cup campaign next month.

The Cork-born star proved he is hitting form with a well-taken double on reserve team duty against Stockport on Monday and when his first-team chance does come, he is determined to seize it.

“There will be so many games this year, hopefully I will get an opportunity and then I have to take it,” Miller said.

Meanwhile, Wayne Rooney will not be seen in Champions League action until November after the Manchester United striker decided to accept his surprise two-match ban.

The England international was expecting to serve a one-game suspension after being red-carded in last week’s draw with Villarreal for sarcastically clapping referee Kim Milton Nielsen right under the Danish official’s nose. But Rooney learned on Tuesday that UEFA had doubled the punishment in response to four-letter tirade before he left the pitch.

Although no fan of Nielsen, Alex Ferguson had already admitted Rooney left the referee with little option. It means Rooney will miss the Old Trafford dates with Benfica on September 27 and Lille three weeks later and will not return to European combat until the return encounter with the French side on November 2.
Mr Invisible determined to make a mark at united eh :rolleyes: Cant see it happening some how

NeilMcD
22/09/2005, 9:44 AM
That is an article based around one short and pretty standard quote from Miller. Not much of a news day down in Cork then

thejollyrodger
22/09/2005, 9:50 AM
Not that miller ever says much. I remember him having a so called interview at one of the ireland games. He looked like a rabbit caught in headlights. Murmoured something about really having to make his mark and sounded incredibly unconvincing.

He should move to Sunderland, they will be playing in the coca cola league next season ;)

Dublin12
22/09/2005, 1:28 PM
Good luck to him and I hope he comes good if he's given another chance in the first team but I just think he is way out of his depth at Man Utd,he threw himself in at the deep end moving there when he should've stayed at Celtic for another season or even move to a midtable premiership team.What did he do at Celtic anyway??,score a goal in the champions league,is that it?

Lionel Ritchie
22/09/2005, 2:07 PM
Miller determined to make his mark at United ...what do they have him out with the whitewash and the liner trolley marking the pitch now ...he'd be on good money for it.

Condex
22/09/2005, 2:39 PM
Miller determined to make his mark at United ...what do they have him out with the whitewash and the liner trolley marking the pitch now ...he'd be on good money for it.

A few years back I was so optimistic about up and comming Irish players..
Miller & McGeady and Celtic
Healey at Sunderland

then reality struck :(

zinedineontour
22/09/2005, 3:06 PM
well healy is not really his own fault .. miller has only himself to blame ...

Roverstillidie
22/09/2005, 3:21 PM
im afraid he is another player in the 'nearly made it' column of young irish footballers who never lived up to their potential at club or country.
he moved to manure for £5k more a week and sank without a trace and with the glazers holding the pursestrings , the chop must be imminent.
was constantly injured at celtic, his debut and departure were 6 years apart. brief spark for 2/3 fit months, but seemed to lose confidence when carrying any form of knock.

Superhoops
22/09/2005, 7:02 PM
Not that miller ever says much. I remember him having a so called interview at one of the ireland games. He looked like a rabbit caught in headlights. Murmoured something about really having to make his mark and sounded incredibly unconvincing.

He should move to Sunderland, they will be playing in the coca cola league next season ;)
Could move back to Cork City, but guess they don't want him either.

Qwerty
22/09/2005, 8:37 PM
A few years back I was so optimistic about up and comming Irish players..
Miller & McGeady and Celtic
Healey at Sunderland

then reality struck :(

Cheer up there's always another batch - Joey O'Brien, Garvan, Flood, Doyle!!