PDA

View Full Version : What have we done to upset the advertiser

gufct
22/09/2005, 8:16 AM
no report or preview again this week and this from the paper that always gave us great coverage. The club has to sort out its marketing of GUFC games and news. We might as well not exist now with little or no coverage in the local press never mind nationally.

Terry
22/09/2005, 8:24 AM
I was wondering this myself, find it very strange considering that they always give a good report on both the result from last week and the up coming games.

Im sure there is a prefectly good reason :o

Patrick Dunne
22/09/2005, 12:27 PM
and anecdotal evidence suggests some of our own hardcore supporters are unsure when our next home game is. If we start loosing these 500 approx. supporters, we are fcuked.

Only 106 adults paid in to the game against Cobh. The remainder of the crowd consisted of students, kids, complimentarys, vouchers and season ticket holders, which made up another 250 people.

Approx 100 posters put up in city and county for the Monaghan game, effectively gone to waste when not combined with media coverage.

Aaaargh :mad:

Mr A
23/09/2005, 4:36 PM
I noticed this over the last few weeks as well. I assumed initially that they just ran out of room due to coverage of the hurling final, which would be bad enough, but no coverage this week is ridiculous. A few letters to both papers may help them see that people do care. I noticed that as GU's season faded last year the coverage became poor enough, but they still should cover the city's senior football team.

The thought of the local papers at home simply stopping covering Harps is, well, unthinkable, indeed at times they seem to revel in our problems!