PDA

View Full Version : my tuppence worth

tooty
21/09/2005, 10:32 PM
i have been watching limerick on and off for the last 20 years and as most here will know,that`s not always easy :mad: since danny drew came on board i have,like everyone else,hoped that this was the new beginning limerick fc needed,he promised a lot at the start and to be fair some of that has been implemented ie;buses to matches,better squad ?? :rolleyes: .he also stated in fairness that he needed the support of the limerick buisness community which besides the car draw and one or two other bits and pieces hasn`t been forthcoming.what does annoy me though is that there has been practically nothing done to the ground,there isn`t even a few seats to sit down and watch the match,personally i prefer standing but thats not the point,there are people who would like to sit,basic stuff in this day and age.i`m sure its not cheap to do what he`s doing and he has put his money where his mouth is which nobody else seemed willing to do but i just am getting the feeling that we`re going nowhere fast...again,hope im wrong,
2-0 to the lims on friday :D :D

Finn 05
22/09/2005, 4:18 PM
I think Limerick have come on leaps and bounds in 12 months.
and Danny Drew is responsible. I cant belive we are in with a shout of promotion.
The crowds are well up and will only get better if we go up.
I do think the local press are'nt arsed(Except the post) I even wrote a letter in to the Leader as to why there was no coverage for Limerick FC, Needless to say i didnt get a reply

gael353
22/09/2005, 7:19 PM
I do think the local press are'nt arsed(Except the post) I even wrote a letter in to the Leader as to why there was no coverage for Limerick FC, Needless to say i didnt get a reply

Your not alone, many a supporter has written/e-mailed/phoned that shower of huns and get no responce or vague promises but untill one of two people or both die horrible deaths nothing is going to change. They owe the supporters club money for robbing an article and wont get any photos etc (we give the post photos) untill they pay up or cop on. One of the huns is due for retirment soon so a black reath is on its way to him :)

Westside
22/09/2005, 7:58 PM
I do think the local press are'nt arsed(Except the post) I even wrote a letter in to the Leader as to why there was no coverage for Limerick FC, Needless to say i didnt get a replyJust on that note "The Limerick" said in a previous post that he sent the details of the Limerick 2000 to this rag and I was going through the county edition sports section this evening and saw no mention of Limerick Fc in it nor any mention of the Limerick 2000 venture either. One word springs to mind for these so called sporting limerick journalists .............................BIGGOTS

tooty
22/09/2005, 8:17 PM
fair enough samuel,i take your point,the squad has improved big time and all credit has to go to danny drew and noel o connor.all im saying is in tandem with that to draw the crowds back and keep them you need the facilities as well and so far that hasn`t been happening.as for what i can do for my club,i pay at the gate like everyone else,buy a program and cheer on the team.

LFC in Exile
23/09/2005, 9:58 AM
fair enough samuel,i take your point,the squad has improved big time and all credit has to go to danny drew and noel o connor.all im saying is in tandem with that to draw the crowds back and keep them you need the facilities as well and so far that hasn`t been happening.

Although in faireness Limerick did get a Sports Council Capital grant for the first time in many many years. The facilities are not good enough - but there is one big improvement on last year's facilities - that is that the club is no longer a tenant of a junior club.

Finn 05
23/09/2005, 11:56 AM
Thers an article on LImerick Camogie( Those great bastions of Limerick GLOry)
LImerick Athletics trip to Blarney (Thats a great read)
A Fecking horse winning in Kilbeggan
New Hurling Administrator for Limerick
NOT one word about Limerick FC.
Dont get me wrong i support Limerick in all sports
I love Munster Rugby but surely we deserve a small article.
I really really hate the leader

sadloserkid
23/09/2005, 1:03 PM
City Leader are covering the story to be fair (alongside a pic of Tommy Barrett) but they're also crediting it to the Supporters Club.

And I will also credit Danny Drew for offering buses and other support. Fair play.

JohnD
23/09/2005, 1:11 PM
Panic Printing or what ???

Today's Leader Leader Article (Meant that) is a reprint of last Tues Paper and the back page is ..guess what ....yes amzingly !!! ..a re-re- print of today's front page :p

Got to love those great Journos..btw Here's a scoop O'Wafflesy is retiring on Tues next so Gael get down to Interflora quick !!!

JohnD

Finn 05
23/09/2005, 3:45 PM
Does anyone know why they are so uninterested in the team.
I mean they give daily blogs on fecking farm animals so i just cant understand it.
I mean some weeks they dont even print a scoreline!!!
I live abroad but i get it sent to me and i look on their website.

Finn 05
23/09/2005, 3:47 PM
By the way anyone going tonite
The best of luck.
I will have RTE radio tuned in waiting for an update.

4tothefloor
23/09/2005, 10:03 PM
Panic Printing or what ???

Today's Leader Leader Article (Meant that) is a reprint of last Tues Paper and the back page is ..guess what ....yes amzingly !!! ..a re-re- print of today's front page :p

Got to love those great Journos..btw Here's a scoop O'Wafflesy is retiring on Tues next so Gael get down to Interflora quick !!!

JohnD

I wonder will movie lovers and property hunters be sending him wreaths as well? Probably :D

Westside
24/09/2005, 12:51 AM
In fairness lads they carried a match report last Monday-a preview Wednesday-and a preview which mentioned that the supporters club were trying to get fans into the ground on the front page of the city sports section on Thursday. Wednesdays piece was a back page lead, and Thursdays was the second lead article. Credit where it is due lads..Ok but why do us Lfc supporters living in the county not get the same soccer news as they get in the city edition, do the powers that be in the Leader offices think there is no call for senior soccer in the county. All we get is junior b and every other kind of bogball rubbish printed on the sports section.They should rename the sports section of the county edition The Biggots Section

4tothefloor
26/09/2005, 6:26 PM
They'd sooner put in pics and a report on some ****ty camogie game than senior soccer in the county edition. It's ridiculous