PDA

View Full Version : Leinster move to RDS for Heineken Cup

carrickharp
21/09/2005, 2:12 PM
Leinster confirmed today that the RDS will become their home for this season's Heineken Cup.

Leinster Chief Executive Mick Dawson welcomed the announcement: "I am delighted that the RDS will be Leinster's new home for our three Pool games in the Heineken Cup.

"Existing season ticket holders, sponsors and opposition support have already taken up approximately 5,500 which reduces the number of tickets available to 8,000. So be sure to book your tickets early to avoid disappointment."

Michael Duffy, Chief Executive of the RDS added: "We are absolutely delighted Leinster will be playing their Heineken Cup pool matches at the RDS.

"We have a first class venue with extensive facilities to make the move to the RDS a terrific experience for the Leinster Rugby team and their supporters. We look forward to welcoming everyone to the first match against Cardif on October 15".

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/story.asp?j=156613392&p=y566y4x98&t=rugby

joeSoap
21/09/2005, 2:16 PM
Good move for them....should generate a few more readies.

Poor Student
21/09/2005, 3:18 PM
I'm not familiar with Donybrook or the RDS. What's the difference between the venues and why the move?

pete
21/09/2005, 3:39 PM
Donnybrook too small & crappy, Landsdowne too big.

Drumcondra Red
21/09/2005, 3:54 PM
Donnybrook's getting done up, but they just opened a new stand there, don't like the RDS much, haven't been there for years!!!

pete
21/09/2005, 4:15 PM
Donnybrook's getting done up, but they just opened a new stand there,

Where is that stand?

joeSoap
21/09/2005, 6:32 PM
Where is that stand?Don't think its a s'stand' as such. They put up a lot of bucket seats behind the goal at the Bective end. The ground is too small, end of. The location and lay out deprives any real development, and as was earlier said, is too small. Lansdowne is too big, so a middle of the road job like the RDS sems like a good idea.

Superhoops
21/09/2005, 6:32 PM
Donnybrook's getting done up, but they just opened a new stand there, don't like the RDS much, haven't been there for years!!!
Same here, not the Horse Show type! Last time was February 1992 when we played Wales, lost 1-0 to a Mark Pembridge goal. There were about 15000 there, terrible atmosphere, sh**e game.

joeSoap
21/09/2005, 7:12 PM
Superhoops, why do you have a Bray Wanderers avatar, when you're a hoop?? :confused: ;)

Superhoops
21/09/2005, 8:16 PM
Superhoops, why do you have a Bray Wanderers avatar, when you're a hoop?? :confused: ;)
The question should be 'how does a Bray Wanderers fan have the tag 'Superhoops'?'
The answer: Was relaxing one night in the horizontal position as one does after a few scoops while wearing the BW stripes. A well meaning friend was urging me to adopt an upright position by telling me I looked like a Rovers fan while horizontal. This caused great amusement among the rest of the group who started chanting 'Superhoops', has stuck since. :o

Buller
21/09/2005, 9:23 PM
The question should be 'how does a Bray Wanderers fan have the tag 'Superhoops'?'
The answer: Was relaxing one night in the horizontal position as one does after a few scoops while wearing the BW stripes. A well meaning friend was urging me to adopt an upright position by telling me I looked like a Rovers fan while horizontal. This caused great amusement among the rest of the group who started chanting 'Superhoops', has stuck since. :o
lol, i've been meaning to ask that question...

holidaysong
21/09/2005, 10:27 PM

Great wee story that :D

Macy
22/09/2005, 11:59 AM
And to think Rovers were offered the RDS for a million....

hoops1
22/09/2005, 12:22 PM
Wrong!
Incorrect!
Untruth!
Non truth!
Lies

Bald Student
22/09/2005, 8:56 PM
Donnybrook too small & crappy, Landsdowne too big.Or more correctly; Donnybrook too small, Lansdown needed as a neutral venue come the knock out stages. The derogation ran out.