PDA

View Full Version : UCD match this Friday

seagulls nest
20/09/2005, 11:40 PM
was in watching the final tonight and i think UCD are very beatable this fri,i dancy us to win, my only concern is the team he puts out,especially the midfield,maybe go with a 4-5-1 and tryto crowd it out,as thats where UCD's strengths are.anyone suggestions what the starting team/formation we will go with??

Poor Student
21/09/2005, 9:33 AM
We're very beatable eh? Didn't look so last Friday. :p

BrayZil
21/09/2005, 10:46 AM
Too right their beatable. I think we'll beat them this Friday. I'm sure the lads have got a kick up the arse after last weeks performance and they'll be well up for it this week. I would start with:

Hannigan

Giffy, Lynch (if fit)/Roche, McGovern, Pip

Dunne, Tresson, James, Tyrell

Foxy, Franco

Locker
21/09/2005, 3:01 PM
Skippy is twice the keeper hannigan,i hope he starts on friday so you can see how bad he is, :eek: ,d'ont even mention Mic roche he is an awful player, My TEAM would be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
.Skippy

.Tresson .Gifford .Mcgovern .Pip

.Mcguiness .James .Long .Tyrell

.Tarzan .Foxy

Subs; Franco
Murphy
Ryan
K O Brien
O'Reilly
KEEP ROCHEY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE :o :o :o

superfrank
21/09/2005, 3:48 PM
I don't know what to think about this one, it'll be alot different then the last match. I hope McWalter repeats his nice finish. ;)

I honestly can't make a prediction on this one.

seagulls nest
21/09/2005, 4:25 PM
very tough one to call,if we play as we did last week we have no chance. im sure it will be out of the system come friday, i feel this is our biggest game this year!

KR's Post
21/09/2005, 4:32 PM
Alot of people being very harsh on poor skippy... Give it a rest!!!!

Skippy

Giffy Roche McGovren Pip

McGuiness Daz James Tyrell

Fox Tarzan

seagulls nest
21/09/2005, 4:56 PM
ur rite tarzy skip has been gettin a bit of stick,dont really think its justified, people forget about the matches that he has one for us, so give the bloke a break.

Seagull
21/09/2005, 5:27 PM
ur rite tarzy skip has been gettin a bit of stick,dont really think its justified, people forget about the matches that he has one for us, so give the bloke a break.
43 goals conceded, I'd give him a break alright...

lowflyingseagul
22/09/2005, 9:54 AM
harsh on skippy, no-one will deny that he a great shot stopper but his decision making is woeful how many goals have been given away because of skippy's indecisiveness.

BrayZil
22/09/2005, 10:50 AM
I have to agree - he's only kept 2 clean sheets in the league all season. Maybe I’m being a bit harsh on Skip but I think he's a shocking goal keeper and is costing us far too many games. He makes me nervous every time the ball goes near him. He has to be the worst Bray player we've had in a few years. I don’t think I've ever being more critical of a Bray player and I’ve seen some rubbish through the years.

A few of his errors spring to mind:
- Cost us 3 points against Drogs with that poor back pass that lead to the Drogs goal.
- Cost us 2 points against Bohs by conceding a peno
- Stupid mistake against Cork recently. Who knows what would have happened if they hadn’t scored, could have changed the game?

That’s just a few but I know there’s more.

But anyway going a bit off topic..here's some team news for tommorrow taken from BrayWanderers.ie (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=412&Itemid=1):

Club captain and central defender Jody Lynch looks likely to miss out on Bray's FAI Cup Quarter-Final tie with his old Club UCD.

Lynch has been sidelined for the last four weeks with an ankle injury that has been slow to respond to treatement and it seems unlikely that the injury will have healed sufficiently to let him take his place in the side on Friday night.

Also missing from the side will be Paul Caffrey who is cup tied. However Colm James, who missed last week's game against the Students because of a one-match ban comes back into the squad.

Season so far:
P W D L F A Pts
25 7 5 13 30 43 26

Leading goalscorers:
Zayed 12
Tresson 3, O'Brien 3, Georgescu 3, Fox 3 (1 Cup)
Lynch 2, Keogh 2, Charles 2 (1 Cup)
James 1, Ryan 1

In the FAI Cup this year Bray have beaten 2 non-League sides; in the Second Round they overcame a gallant Avondale United side from Cork 1-0 at Turner's Cross, Wesley Charles getting the goal.

In the Third, Cherry Orchard were beaten 1-0 at the Carlise Grounds. Stephen Fox got the all-important goal in that game.

Schumi
22/09/2005, 12:43 PM
I hope McWalter repeats his nice finish. ;)
So do I, worked well the last time. :)

superfrank
22/09/2005, 3:44 PM
So do I, worked well the last time. :)
I walked right into that one, Im a bit too drunk for a whole discussion onm what I meant. Sorry. :( :o

Poor Student
22/09/2005, 9:30 PM
Lynch is definitely out of this one. Funny what how you think UCD look beatable after seeing our last game. I was watching Bray's last game on Friday too, I also reckon they look beatable. ;) Hopefully we'll put Kenna and Martin into the side for this one. They wouldn't have expended too much energy this week and they'd improve the team.

Locker
27/09/2005, 2:07 PM
We're very beatable eh? Didn't look so last Friday. :p HA HA HA ,whats this chap talking bout