PDA

View Full Version : Tipp South & District League 2005/06

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tipperary_Man
20/09/2005, 9:28 PM
how has the season gone so far?
what players should we keep an eye out for?
anyone look like challenging the big two?

balls
20/09/2005, 11:16 PM
no no one near the big 2. worst start to season ever. 2 promoted teams only 2 challenging rest of premier teams are gone backwards rock rovers,peake villa, borris and clonmel celtic are all poor this year. div 1 standard high this year rosegreen oldbridge cahir park and galbally have all very strong teams and cud be outside bets for fai or mjc runs.

tipp man
23/09/2005, 3:37 PM
The TSDL is suffering because the perceived big two are getting further and further ahead of the other clubs. No sign of the duoploly being broken anytime soon. I guess that Clonmel Town and St. Michaels are more motivated by the FAIJC and the MJC than they are with their own league and cup competition.

Tipperary_Man
23/09/2005, 7:53 PM
Fixtures for this weekend taken from www.southtippsoccer.com

Saturday 24/09/05

Munster Youth Cup 1st Round all at 2.30

Galbally United-v-Killenaule Rovers (J.Moroney)

Moyglass United-v-Bansha Celtic (J.McKell)

Rock Rovers-v-Clonmel Celtic (M.Coady)

Youth League Division 1 at 2.30

Clonmel Town-v-Cashel Town (T.Keating)

Youth League Division 2 at 2.30

Two-Mile-Borris-v-Vee Rovers (J.Teehan)

Sunday 25/09/05

Munster Junior Cup Preliminary Round

Sarsfield Rovers-v-Rock Rovers at 3.00 (J.Maguire)

Old Bridge-v-Kilmanahan United at 3.00 (J.McKell)

Clerihan-v-Gooldscross at 12.00 (N.Coughlan)

Killenaule Rovers-v-Moyglass United at 12.00 (P.Keane)

Cashel Town-v-St. Michael’s at 3.00 (T.Keating)

Killusty-v-Ballingarry Albion at 12.00 (J.Lyons)

Bansha Celtic-v-Rosegreen Rangers at 3.00 (P.Keane)

Commons-v-Hollyford at 3.00 (J.O’Dwyer)

Galbally United-v-Glen Villa at 12.00 (J.Maguire)

Clonmel Credit Union Premier League at 3.00

Two-Mile-Borris-v-Clonmel Town (J.Teehan)

Clonmel Credit Union League Division 1 at 3.00

Vee Rovers-v-Cahir Park (J.Moroney)

Shield Division 3 (Semi-finals /1st Leg)

Clonmel Town (B)-v-Wilderness Rovers at 12.00 (J.O’Dwyer)

Kilsheelan United-v-Cullen/Lattin at 3.00 (B.O’Donoghue)

League Division 4 at 12.00

Burncourt Celtic-v-Knocklong (B.O’Donoghue)

Shield Division Four (Semi-finals/2nd Leg)

Mullinahone-v- Redmondstown at 3.00 (N.Coughlan)

St. Kieran’s-v- Dualla at 12.00 (M.Coady)

(Straight to penalties if aggregate score is level)

tipp man
25/09/2005, 8:37 PM
St. Michaels hit Cashel Town for 6 in the MJC and Clonmel Town make it 8 from 8 in the Premier League. Plus ca change!

tipp man
02/10/2005, 8:01 PM
Clonmel Town now 9 wins out of 9 games in the South Tipp league after an easy 1-5 win away to Killusty. Two goals from Ian Barnes who is in fine form.

Tipperary_Man
08/10/2005, 10:49 PM
Paul Stone from Cashel town youths must surely have set a record. he scored 8 goals as they beat Rock Rovers comfortably. This Cashel team could end up challenging for national honours

Tipperary_Man
28/10/2005, 9:34 PM
have peake villa signed any new players yet?

balls
31/10/2005, 8:22 PM
cud someone post draw for next round of munster junior cup. i think cahir are playing clonmel town. so the other 4 remaining tipp south teams are st.Michael,rock rovers galbally united and borris fc.is this correct

Van The Man
10/11/2005, 9:36 AM
have peake villa signed any new players yet?
Peake have signed no new players yet. When the new manager joined, I presume all players has signed for their clubs at this stage. Maybe in the Jan transfer window he might pick up someone. They need strength in depth, and at the moment they just don't have the power on the bench.

Van The Man
10/11/2005, 9:38 AM
Paul Stone from Cashel town youths must surely have set a record. he scored 8 goals as they beat Rock Rovers comfortably. This Cashel team could end up challenging for national honours

Why are Cashel Town so good this year ? When did Cashel Town youths ever feature in a website posting before. Where has they got all there new players from ?

Tipperary_Man
10/11/2005, 5:13 PM
they are good because the players are quite good. the majority of the panel from the successful u16 team of 2years ago plus a lot of new signings have helped them strengthen considerably. apart from the town of cashel they have players from the neighbouring areas and thurles. willie mulcair ex peake villa is one of tjhe men over the youths. quite an exciting team to watch but michaels can be just as good on their day

Van The Man
10/11/2005, 5:34 PM
they are good because the players are quite good. the majority of the panel from the successful u16 team of 2years ago plus a lot of new signings have helped them strengthen considerably. apart from the town of cashel they have players from the neighbouring areas and thurles. willie mulcair ex peake villa is one of tjhe men over the youths. quite an exciting team to watch but michaels can be just as good on their day

Willie mulcair must have helped with a few signings for cashel if he was involved with peake villa before. A lot of Cashel players involved in the TSDL Youth friendly this weekend. A few more that Saints.

tipp man
11/11/2005, 10:07 AM
Why are Cashel Town so good this year ? When did Cashel Town youths ever feature in a website posting before. Where has they got all there new players from ?
Isn't Paul Stone from Roscrea? Its a long way to come unless someone is making it worth his while!

Den Perry
11/11/2005, 10:10 AM
Yes, there is no more dedicated man than Mulcaire. He is always willing to put in committment and look for new players throughout the region. I believe Martin Coleman who worked in tandem with Mulcaire when Peake villa reached the FAI Youths final in 2000 is also involved with Cashel. That is a very strong management team they have there

Van The Man
11/11/2005, 11:15 AM
Yes, there is no more dedicated man than Mulcaire. He is always willing to put in committment and look for new players throughout the region. I believe Martin Coleman who worked in tandem with Mulcaire when Peake villa reached the FAI Youths final in 2000 is also involved with Cashel. That is a very strong management team they have there

Yes Stone is from Roscrea. If you can recall the 2000 Peake winning side was made up of players from Thurles, Roscrea & Cashel. Seems with Mulcaire at the helm in Cashel it looks all to familiar to Peake Team of 2000. Cashel now have players from Roscra, Thurles & Cashel....De Ja Vu no less......

jug2004
11/11/2005, 12:45 PM
deja vous a small bit but the majority of that team that were beaten by cork in 2000 were from thurles:D (prob 7 or 8 of them). With the cashel team i've heard its different many of them are from the surrounding areas. But in this day and age the league is a rural one and how else are teams to pit themselves against stronger city teams without recruiting.

jug2004
11/11/2005, 12:49 PM
As for the discussion on the oscar trainor team, i totally agree its gone beyond a joke they have gone from champions a few years back to nothing and all of the players that played the final are still the top players in the tipperary league. To be honest the man over it hasn't a clue what he's at 3 from killusty(probably the worst defensive record in all four divisions this year) 1 there goalkeeper(not bad in fairness) and another there centre half(a kicker) how can he justify these selections. Easily known what what club team he also manages.!!!!

Den Perry
11/11/2005, 2:39 PM
Yeah there must be a few players scratching their heads as to why they're not on the squad, Horan, O'Connor and duggan from Villa, Costigan from Cahir and Richie Ryan from Clonmel to name but a few.....and three Killusty players?????

Van The Man
11/11/2005, 3:45 PM
Yeah there must be a few players scratching their heads as to why they're not on the squad, Horan, O'Connor and duggan from Villa, Costigan from Cahir and Richie Ryan from Clonmel to name but a few.....and three Killusty players?????

In fairness we can all see why the Killusty players are there, as mentioned, the Oscar Traynor manager is from Killusty. But was very surprised to see Horan, O'Connor and Duggan omitted from Villa. Why call up Richie Ryan when they have O'Sullivan (Saints) and Breen (Villa). Why have 3 keepers. Should Ryan be there instead of Breen ? Saying all that, with the weather we are having it might be called off again !

tipp man
11/11/2005, 4:50 PM
I can't say that at this stage of the season the Oscar Traynor gets the pulse going. Bit of a damp squid of a competition I feel. Players only give it their all when it gets to the semi and after the TSDL lost in a semi to the Clare league a few years ago, I'm not even sure about that.

Tipperary_Man
11/11/2005, 10:00 PM
Isn't Paul Stone from Roscrea? Its a long way to come unless someone is making it worth his while!
dessie caulie and richie fitzgerald form the rest of the management team. and paul stone played for cashel 2 years ago as well. if you look at the DDSL how many players are from the country. roscrea aint too far away in comparison. how will the oscar traynor youths go this yr?

tipp man
13/11/2005, 12:14 PM
TSDL only able to draw 1-1 with East Cork /West Waterford league in the Oscar Traynor last evening. TSDL scored first through Aaron Moroney.

Van The Man
14/11/2005, 9:07 AM
TSDL only able to draw 1-1 with East Cork /West Waterford league in the Oscar Traynor last evening. TSDL scored first through Aaron Moroney.
Here's the TSDL side of the next round to the FAI Junior Cup.

Old Bridge-v-Cloughjordan (NTDL)

Rearcross or Ardmore-v-Kilmanahan United

Lismore (WWEC)-v-Peake Villa

Gooldscross FC-v-Cahir Park

Blackcastle United (NTDL)-v-Clonmel Town

jug2004
14/11/2005, 1:52 PM
what a side that oscar trainor team!!!! does anyonw know what the team was and how the game went. Heard that Aaron scored and tipp got off the mark first. Surley this farce can't go on much longer. No disrespect to the WWEC team but they must be one of the weakest teams in the competition. What ye think of the draw for the FAI a couple of the south tipp teams should progress :D

Van The Man
14/11/2005, 4:07 PM
what a side that oscar trainor team!!!! does anyonw know what the team was and how the game went. Heard that Aaron scored and tipp got off the mark first. Surley this farce can't go on much longer. No disrespect to the WWEC team but they must be one of the weakest teams in the competition. What ye think of the draw for the FAI a couple of the south tipp teams should progress :D

We should hopefully see a few TSDL sides progress. Peake might have a tough one against Lismore away. Cahir Park should overcome Gooldscross, but they might be a hand full at home. Clonmel Town will take Blackcastle by the odd goal. Pitch won't suit Clonmel. Kilmanahan will have it tough as well. Old Bridge should come out of their tie. So overall, hopefully it will be a good round for the TSDL sides.

tipp man
14/11/2005, 5:29 PM
I think that Cahir put 9 (nine) past Goolscross yesterday so that lloks like a Cahir banker. Clonmel will progess; Rarecross to beat Kilmanahan; Old Bridge will win but I think Peake will need penalties.

As for the Oscar Traynor, a change of manager is needed to knit the team together. Someone who can command the respect of Clonmel Town and St. Michael players is needed. Hence the Kiely / Lonergan partnership worked.

Van The Man
15/11/2005, 11:09 AM
I think that Cahir put 9 (nine) past Goolscross yesterday so that lloks like a Cahir banker. Clonmel will progess; Rarecross to beat Kilmanahan; Old Bridge will win but I think Peake will need penalties.

As for the Oscar Traynor, a change of manager is needed to knit the team together. Someone who can command the respect of Clonmel Town and St. Michael players is needed. Hence the Kiely / Lonergan partnership worked.

I think while Dermot Finnan is with Peake Villa he could be the man for an Oscar Traynor Job. I myself think the Finnan will stay with Villa for 2 years. This year will be his building year and next year his challanging year. So he might be a good choice for OT Manager next year.

Den Perry
20/11/2005, 9:24 PM
anybody at the villa/michaels game today? o-o but wasn't a bad game.Once again O'Connor playing at the back? is this going to be regular occurrance? no doubt finnan has steadied the ship though

Van The Man
22/11/2005, 9:44 AM
anybody at the villa/michaels game today? o-o but wasn't a bad game.Once again O'Connor playing at the back? is this going to be regular occurrance? no doubt finnan has steadied the ship though

Wasn't a great game to be honest. Not a lot of football played. Villa looked the fitter team, but again lack strenght on the bench.

Obviously O'Connor was playing in the back, in place of the injured Leahy. I'm sure it will be a regular occurrance if Leahy is injured. But when Leahy is back O'Connor, I'm sure, will return up-front along side Barry Ryan.

tipp man
27/11/2005, 6:35 PM
Peake Villa only able to draw 3-3 with Killusty. I thought they were better than that. Also, Carrick United beat Saint Michaels 2-1 in Munster Senior Cup.

irisheagle
27/11/2005, 10:44 PM
Carrick United beat Saint Michaels 2-1 in Munster Senior Cup.[/QUOTE]

Woeful game, this competaion is awaste of time

Van The Man
28/11/2005, 10:00 AM
Peake Villa only able to draw 3-3 with Killusty. I thought they were better than that. Also, Carrick United beat Saint Michaels 2-1 in Munster Senior Cup.

I thought they were better than that myself. Very bad result in preparation for nxt weekend's FAI fixture.

Watched Blackcastle V Clonmel Town yesterday. Good game. Town were very very lucky. Castle scored first and town were on the back foot and getting anxious. They pulled a scrappy goal back and then,when it was looking like extra time they got another very scrapped goal from a corner in the 4th minute extra after the 90 mins. They were lucky, and also relieved. That's FAI Cup football for you.

jug2004
28/11/2005, 3:24 PM
was at the game myself,clonmel were v anxious,and pitch was not condusive to good ball playing,if blackcastle had belief they could have won maybe. After the goal they had 2 chances within the next 15 mins, they then invited clonmel on them for the remainder of the game,scrappy goals yeah but ya can't say they didn't deserve them. Clonmel dominated the 2nd half completely,should have had a clear penalty and in the end got what they deserved. Blackcastle players(every single one of them) spent more time on the ground timewasting than they did running around yesterday.

see's it
28/11/2005, 7:24 PM
hows he doing with st.micheals?

Van The Man
29/11/2005, 10:50 AM
was at the game myself,clonmel were v anxious,and pitch was not condusive to good ball playing,if blackcastle had belief they could have won maybe. After the goal they had 2 chances within the next 15 mins, they then invited clonmel on them for the remainder of the game,scrappy goals yeah but ya can't say they didn't deserve them. Clonmel dominated the 2nd half completely,should have had a clear penalty and in the end got what they deserved. Blackcastle players(every single one of them) spent more time on the ground timewasting than they did running around yesterday.

It's FAI Junior Cup Football, how you can possibly complain about the football surface. Every pitch can't be like a carpet, that's the luck of the draw. I've seen TSDL teams play in much worse conditions that the Templemore pitch. It was a case of the fitter team won on the day. And it was because of the lack of fitness that most of the Blackcastle Team were going to ground. But again you have to realise, that Blackcastle were in with a chance with beating the best team in the TSDL so i'm sure you can understand if they went to ground easy enough. I am by no means a Blackcastle supporter nor Clonmel for that matter, but in Junior Cup football everything is expected on the day...That's the joy's of FAI Junior Cup Football !!!

Van The Man
29/11/2005, 10:52 AM
hows he doing with st.micheals?

Ray is not doing too bad at Saints at the moment. He has one fault to his name, he's a bit hot headed which can lead to yellow cards. But other than that he seems to be blending in well so far.

jug2004
30/11/2005, 12:36 PM
And so we have reached the last 64. Some saucy ties in there and some potential banana skins. Cahir seemed to have got the best draw of the tipp teams no? are they(sheriff) a saturday league team in dublin. If so cahir will handle them i think.Old Bridge got a tough draw away to probably passage or Ballincollig Nothin easy there. Clonmel seem to have got a banana skin as little is known about the donegal league really and they are away 2....but easily the tie of the round for tipp is peake villa. Time for fiinnan to put all that football knowledge to good use. I fancy peake to take them. i hear they are not as strong as last year is this true? Up in thurles nothing will be easy. What ye think?:confused: :) Hopefully we'll see a few teams progress

Van The Man
30/11/2005, 3:47 PM
And so we have reached the last 64. Some saucy ties in there and some potential banana skins. Cahir seemed to have got the best draw of the tipp teams no? are they(sheriff) a saturday league team in dublin. If so cahir will handle them i think.Old Bridge got a tough draw away to probably passage or Ballincollig Nothin easy there. Clonmel seem to have got a banana skin as little is known about the donegal league really and they are away 2....but easily the tie of the round for tipp is peake villa. Time for fiinnan to put all that football knowledge to good use. I fancy peake to take them. i hear they are not as strong as last year is this true? Up in thurles nothing will be easy. What ye think?:confused: :) Hopefully we'll see a few teams progress

Villa have to progress against Lismore this coming weekend first. Which will be a tough tie for them. And then probably Crystal in the last 64 ! T'will be a good game, Crystal are good every year so it will be a very difficult tie for the Thurles Outfit. Finnan would want to prepare hard if they are to get over Lismore at the weekend.

Den Perry
05/12/2005, 4:51 PM
SO MUCH FOR villa progressing. Yesterday's result was an absolute disaster

jug2004
06/12/2005, 10:23 AM
a disaster result for the league in general, i heard that they were completely outplayed and outfought on the day. Fair play to lismore crystal now for them they'll need all the luck they can get....As for finnan what now why stay with peake..suppose the big question is will he?

Van The Man
06/12/2005, 4:25 PM
a disaster result for the league in general, i heard that they were completely outplayed and outfought on the day. Fair play to lismore crystal now for them they'll need all the luck they can get....As for finnan what now why stay with peake..suppose the big question is will he?

A disaster is right. I heard there was of bit of argy bargy before the game with the Team selection. John Lawlor returned after the Thurles Sarsfields had finished and he started his first game with Villa on the right side of mid-field !! No-training etc...straight into the Team ??? It is me or is that just wrong !! Donal Duggan centre-half !!! What on earth was Finnan thinking !!! No wonder they lost !!! Jug2004 you said it....What will Finnan do now ?? I wouldn't mind but Lismore are no great shakes this season !

tipp man
11/12/2005, 7:14 PM
Peake Ville can only draw away to Rock Rovers? And this is a team that knocked Saints out of the FAI? I must say their revival was short lived in the extreme. If they don't cop on a relegation fight may be in front of them.

jug2004
12/12/2005, 1:37 PM
as bad and all as they are i can't see them go down,its just not possible or is it? Your correct about lawlor starting the game against lismore and your right about lismore they were shown up for the poor side they are yesterday by the crystal. By all accounts many of the players are not happy with finnan appartently he listens to alot of what is bein said on the line. Rock rovers always seem to get things together around the xmas period for some reason. Peake will become a soft touch in the league later on if they avoid relegation early this year i think!:)

Unreal Madrid
12/12/2005, 6:10 PM
[QUOTE=jug2004Rock rovers always seem to get things together around the xmas period for some reason.[/QUOTE]

They always have a full squad for December, terrible thing overcrowding in our prisions :D . Most will be back in by early January.

Van The Man
14/12/2005, 4:26 PM
as bad and all as they are i can't see them go down,its just not possible or is it? Your correct about lawlor starting the game against lismore and your right about lismore they were shown up for the poor side they are yesterday by the crystal. By all accounts many of the players are not happy with finnan appartently he listens to alot of what is bein said on the line. Rock rovers always seem to get things together around the xmas period for some reason. Peake will become a soft touch in the league later on if they avoid relegation early this year i think!:)

Villa won't go down. There are too many poor teams below them. Peake should be beating Rock on any given Sunday regardless if Rock are getting it together for the X-mas period or not. They play Two-Mile-Borris on Sunday away. This is usually a local derby match, but judging by the under par performaces by Peake and the understrength squad of Borris it might make for a good matched affair. Mind you I did hear "on the grapevine" that Barry Ryan was on the bench against Rock last week and he now wants to transfer to Borris !!! It wouldn't surprise me with Barry Ryan...he's like a lost school kid in a yard full of sweets !

Den Perry
18/12/2005, 10:03 PM
one nil to the Villa. Once again the logic of playing Ted O'Connor up front was visible as he scored and had a stone wall penalty turned down near the end Even the Borris players were laughing when the ref (who is usually quite good) waved play on. Good result away from home in a local derby

tipp man
19/12/2005, 10:33 AM
Clonmel Town score winner in 88th minute to beat Rock Rovers 0-1 at Deerpark. However, Rovers had FOUR players sent off. I have a question, when does a football match become a bloody farce!

Van The Man
19/12/2005, 10:36 AM
Clonmel Town score winner in 88th minute to beat Rock Rovers 0-1 at Deerpark. However, Rovers had FOUR players sent off. I have a question, when does a football match become a bloody farce!

If I can quote JUG2004 he stated that "Rock always seem to get their act together over the x-mas" obviously the act he was talking about was a Panto and yesterdays display !

Even with 4 players sent off......1-0 to Town ?? Somewhat of an unusual result to say the least !!

Van The Man
19/12/2005, 10:40 AM
one nil to the Villa. Once again the logic of playing Ted O'Connor up front was visible as he scored and had a stone wall penalty turned down near the end Even the Borris players were laughing when the ref (who is usually quite good) waved play on. Good result away from home in a local derby

The ref was a disaster yesterday. The two sides upped the ante for this game considering the poor performances of late. A local derby always seems to bring the best out in teams. After saying that, it wasn't the greatest of games. Chances missed on both sides. Micheal Ryan should have put in beyond Borris on several occasions in the first half and Derek Breen kept Villa in the game. I will agree about the penalty decision. How could anybody not give a penalty in that instance ! A disgrace to say the least. At the end of the day it's 3 badly needed for Villa away from home. And back to the drawing board for Borris.:ball: