PDA

View Full Version : Tipp South & District League 2005/06

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

tipp man
14/03/2006, 9:36 PM
They will probably pull off another miracle escape. They are by far the dirtiest team in the league. Have they ever played a match and not had 1 or more players sent off. They have 4 games left and need six points for survival, or 5 points to force a playoff with St Nicholas. Town still have to travel to Deerpark for the annual punch up:D . Who else do they have left to play?
Deerpark holds mixed fortunes for Town. Not a place for the faint hearted.

balls
20/03/2006, 10:42 PM
rovers beat clonmel celtic so all they need is 3 points to stay up from there remaining 3 games. they will prob stay up again with nicholas's going back down after there great start to season. very tight in div 1 to see who gets promoted with just 2 points seperating 4 teams at the top. oldbridge must be favs though with there 3 games in hand to go up as champions

Galla
22/03/2006, 5:30 PM
Bad time for the 'Town MJC semi - with the rugby on the same evening (7.30 ko seems a bit optimistic - do clocks go forward 2 hours in Cork). Also with the provisional fixtures showing the 'Town FAI qtr final on the same day as Carrick / Michaels MJC semi - could these not be staggered to allow what I'm sure would be a fair number of people see both.

tipp man
26/03/2006, 5:46 PM
Well done to Cashel Town Youths on reaching their first ever Munster Youths Cup final after their 2-3 win in Tralee on Saturday. I think they meet Tramore in final.

stephen07
27/03/2006, 12:15 PM
Just an enquiry! The fact that St.Michaels haven't really performed this season has anyone heard any rumours about management for the club next season? Is Dermot Finnan going to stay with peake?

Van The Man
27/03/2006, 3:53 PM
Just an enquiry! The fact that St.Michaels haven't really performed this season has anyone heard any rumours about management for the club next season? Is Dermot Finnan going to stay with peake?

I didn't hear of any rumours yet...Maybe their FAI and MJC run will decide that at the end of the season ! Haven't heard much of Dermot Finnan this season. They played 15 league games this season and have 18 points, not a good return, early exit from the FAI and MJC is not good either....Didn't see them play yesterday but looking at the result a 3-2 win over Galbally after extra time can't be a good result :confused:

Only time will tell I suppose.

Van The Man
27/03/2006, 3:58 PM

Just on the comment about next season and rumours....Wonder is there any truth in the rumour that "Tommy Gaynor", ex-Peake Villa Manager of a few years ago is looking at taking a Cashel U-21's team next season ????? :confused:

balls
27/03/2006, 7:04 PM
peake are decent enough side just lacking 3 0r 4 players. with breen in goal ,david horan,michael ryan, barry ryan ted o connor they have good left winger too cathal so there far from a poor side. Galbally are one of the best up and coming teams in tsdl with a lot of young players and are getting stronger with a team entirely made up of players 23 years of age and down with most being under 20. they had good youth teams for last 3 or 4 years and its paying of now with there juniors

stephen07
28/03/2006, 7:27 AM
Don't think Tommy Gaynor will be wanted in cashel, not financially anyway he's an expensive man to have around the place if a team is not getting the result's..! Heard Michael Grace's name being touted for St.Michaels job next year,would be good for them considering he got Bansha Celtic to 3rd this year just after being promoted.

Van The Man
28/03/2006, 9:25 AM
peake are decent enough side just lacking 3 0r 4 players. with breen in goal ,david horan,michael ryan, barry ryan ted o connor they have good left winger too cathal so there far from a poor side. Galbally are one of the best up and coming teams in tsdl with a lot of young players and are getting stronger with a team entirely made up of players 23 years of age and down with most being under 20. they had good youth teams for last 3 or 4 years and its paying of now with there juniors

They are lacking more that 3 or 4 players. Breen is good in the goals, Horan hasn't featured much this season, Micheal Ryan, Barry Ryan and O'Connor are good players, but that doesn't make a good team. You need 11 players and good reserves and Finnan just doesn't have the strenght in depth in the Thurles Team. If Finnan decides to stay on next season he will have to go looking for some players if he wants to challenge for any sort of honours next season or to even come close to Town or Saints...

Van The Man
28/03/2006, 9:34 AM
Don't think Tommy Gaynor will be wanted in cashel, not financially anyway he's an expensive man to have around the place if a team is not getting the result's..! Heard Michael Grace's name being touted for St.Michaels job next year,would be good for them considering he got Bansha Celtic to 3rd this year just after being promoted.

I know he won't be wanted financially, but Cashel Youths are an up and coming side at the moment and results are goods for them. And also they have reached the Munster Youths Cup Final which is a great achievement for the club at the moment.

Tipperary_Man
28/03/2006, 9:57 AM
rumours about tommy gaynor and cashel town are completely false. yes there are hopes to have an u21 team eventually and i say eventually but the club are not going to turn into a remake of preake villa. sure they have a few from outside the town playing with them but there's also a lot that go to school in cashel and are from surrounding parishes. would also like to say congrats to the youths team on reaching the final of the munster youths cup. hopefully they will go on to do cashel and tipperary proud in the final

Unreal Madrid
29/03/2006, 12:09 AM

Cant see that happening. He may be loved at the club but they have turned around the drink culture over the past few years and this would quickly return. Although, the dark side of the committee prob vote him in just to annoy the other side.:o

stevie11
29/03/2006, 11:49 AM
Jus wan to say congrats to de cashel youths on gettin to de munster final!!graet achievment for the club..

CousinSylDolan
29/03/2006, 12:38 PM
Jus wan to say congrats to de cashel youths on gettin to de munster final!!graet achievment for the club..

Maybe a spelling test at the next training session is necessary if you are anything to go by?????:D :D :D

stephen07
29/03/2006, 3:38 PM
One noticable thing with the big two now is that both teams have their stars that are pushing on, whats to happenin the next year or two with them, are there players there to bring St Michaels better sucess than this year, Clonmel Town seem well equipped for now, who have St. Michaels got to bring back the real glory day's? Could next year be a one team show!!!

tipp man
29/03/2006, 9:27 PM
happenin sucess !!!

Are you any relation of Stevie11

stephen07
30/03/2006, 4:41 PM
That's called a typing error, if your on this site to check people's spelling i suggest you find somewhere else to do it so the people who are interested in soccer can discuss it in peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Van The Man
31/03/2006, 8:11 AM
That's called a typing error, if your on this site to check people's spelling i suggest you find somewhere else to do it so the people who are interested in soccer can discuss it in peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you pointed that out Stephen. We are all interested in soccer on this site, we are here to discuss soccer in peace, but we find it hard to understand the discussion when there is so many spelling mistakes, or should I say "typing errors"....:D

Tipp Man 2
03/04/2006, 10:33 AM
One noticable thing with the big two now is that both teams have their stars that are pushing on, whats to happenin the next year or two with them, are there players there to bring St Michaels better sucess than this year, Clonmel Town seem well equipped for now, who have St. Michaels got to bring back the real glory day's? Could next year be a one team show!!!

do u call majoority in their 20's pushing on????? besides kevin o sullivan 32 and Davy Ryan ,denis crem 31 + derry 30, all the saints players are in their 20's.. james walsh 29..paul breen 23 higgy 23 foggy 23 ray mc 26.. paul tobin back next season 27..5 youth players on TS+DL youth team..doesn't look all doom and gloom from where im standing..

Tipp Man 2
03/04/2006, 10:35 AM

plus they have what no money can buy..experience of participating and winning major trophies and games.......

stephen07
04/04/2006, 12:39 PM
Yeah you make a good point but you named players that are in the team already (bar 1) and they have not made much progress this year,plus if your realistic about it how many youth players will continue on next year and at that make the cut!! Who's on the bench now that can push into the team and help them next year?:ball:

tipp man
09/04/2006, 6:42 PM
Brilliant to see Cahir Park and Old Bridge promoted from Divison 1. Cahir is a great venue and most Premier Teams will enjoy their surface next year. Welcome additions to the Premier....no doubt.

Tipp Man 2
11/04/2006, 2:46 PM
Brilliant to see Cahir Park and Old Bridge promoted from Divison 1. Cahir is a great venue and most Premier Teams will enjoy their surface next year. Welcome additions to the Premier....no doubt.

it is great..hopefully the bridge can sort out their ground because green lane is a joke.....id like to see rock going down because they are no good for the league.....

Tipp Man 2
12/04/2006, 12:07 PM
Yeah you make a good point but you named players that are in the team already (bar 1) and they have not made much progress this year,plus if your realistic about it how many youth players will continue on next year and at that make the cut!! Who's on the bench now that can push into the team and help them next year?:ball:

I think reaching another munster junior indicates progress... richie rya, james o leary and mabe michael ellard from youts will progress plus 2 players already lined up to add to the team not including paul tobin who is back next year....

stephen07
18/04/2006, 7:52 AM
I think reaching another munster junior indicates progress... richie rya, james o leary and mabe michael ellard from youts will progress plus 2 players already lined up to add to the team not including paul tobin who is back next year....

In retrospect I may have been a bit harsh in my comments considering St.Michaels have reached a second successive MJC final and done everything possible to put pressure on CT for the league and are also in contention for a Tipp Cup......All done with only a regular 13 man panel and some of the youth's...I hold my hand up to the thirteen who have got ye there but surely your going to have some retirement's next year,have ye the players now to reproduce the form of a few years ago and challenge for an FAI?

Tipp Man 2
18/04/2006, 10:06 AM
In retrospect I may have been a bit harsh in my comments considering St.Michaels have reached a second successive MJC final and done everything possible to put pressure on CT for the league and are also in contention for a Tipp Cup......All done with only a regular 13 man panel and some of the youth's...I hold my hand up to the thirteen who have got ye there but surely your going to have some retirement's next year,have ye the players now to reproduce the form of a few years ago and challenge for an FAI?

fair play and fair point..... don't think there will be any retirements... maybe just another year older...the hunger seems to be back and with paul tobin 2-3of this years youths (who are challenging for league and in tipp cup final..) plus 2 players ready to come in i think the panel will be allot stronger and hunger will be very high..

stephen07
19/04/2006, 8:02 AM
fair play and fair point..... don't think there will be any retirements... maybe just another year older...the hunger seems to be back and with paul tobin 2-3of this years youths (who are challenging for league and in tipp cup final..) plus 2 players ready to come in i think the panel will be allot stronger and hunger will be very high..

I have seen alot of the top three's games this year and Bansha Celtic have been a surprise package...Rumour has it there may not be a team there next year and seen as Michaels have already got two of their players (1 youth) from last year is there a possibility of more joining the squad they seem to have some good young talent that could add to the panel..Egan, Grogan, Mcgrath..they have been spotted:ball:

tipp man
19/04/2006, 9:00 PM
Rock Rovers 0-1 Clonmel Town.

Rovers are relegated (thank God) and Town's 100% league record is intact. Rovers had 2 sent off which means that they had 6 players sent off aginst Clonmel Town in two league fixtures this year. Good riddance.

C.T.F.C
20/04/2006, 12:43 PM
Rock Rovers 0-1 Clonmel Town.

Rovers are relegated (thank God) and Town's 100% league record is intact. Rovers had 2 sent off which means that they had 6 players sent off aginst Clonmel Town in two league fixtures this year. Good riddance.

Just want to echo the sentiments expressed- no loss to the premier division and frankly they would be no loss to the league entirely. 2 sent off and should have been more if the ref and linesmen were even partially competent. Eg. one of their forwards punches paul scully in the face five feet away from the ref and escapes unpunished. Two minutes later the same player left the pitch and spat in one of the town supporters faces. The linesman was standing 2 feet away and never even called the ref????? All this happened under the watchful eye of the referee's assessor. i wonder if this will lead to any retrospective action? On a more positive note 1 more victory will secure a third league title in a row. C'mon the TOWN.

hamish
20/04/2006, 5:37 PM
Lads, is Noel Byrne still the main man with Peake Villa??? Was last in their new ground in 2000 and they were working hard on developing their new grounds then. Have they built/added any facilities in the meantime??

tipp man
20/04/2006, 9:08 PM
Lads, is Noel Byrne still the main man with Peake Villa??? Was last in their new ground in 2000 and they were working hard on developing their new grounds then. Have they built/added any facilities in the meantime??
No Noel is now involved with the South Tipp Schoolboys and is doing a fine job. No major work done at Peake Villa.

hamish
20/04/2006, 9:32 PM
No Noel is now involved with the South Tipp Schoolboys and is doing a fine job. No major work done at Peake Villa.

Tipp Man - is he totally out of Peake Villa so?? Jeez, I thought he eat, slept and drank that club?? Was he the one that entered them into the U-21 EL for a year or so??
Knew him well when I was involved with the schools side of things and he was a terrific bloke to work with - couldn't do enough to help.

wilhelm2
21/04/2006, 3:32 AM

yes peake villa have built/added new dressings room since
tipp man must not have been at the villa grounds since 2000 either????

Van The Man
21/04/2006, 9:12 AM
Tipp Man - is he totally out of Peake Villa so?? Jeez, I thought he eat, slept and drank that club?? Was he the one that entered them into the U-21 EL for a year or so??
Knew him well when I was involved with the schools side of things and he was a terrific bloke to work with - couldn't do enough to help.

Yes Noel Byrne is TOTALLY out of Peake Villa for a number of years due to reasons that can't be discussed on this site. Villa were in the U-21 League for a year....Very poorly I may add and just weren't up to the speed, very ambitious decision back then to go U-21.
Noel Byrne has also involvement at the moment with Cashel Town Soccer Club with Willie MulCaire who was with him at Peake.

Tipperary_Man
21/04/2006, 3:58 PM
Noel is not involved with south tipp schoolboys anymore. as with cashel town there's no involvement there even though there is talks of it at present. willie mulcaire is one of the management group of the youth team. the other 3 are from cashel. on a different matter will st michaels and clonmel be putting out full strength teams or are they gonna wait til the munster junior final?

hamish
21/04/2006, 8:02 PM
Thanks lads, sorry to hear Noel is out of PV - worked hard for that club when he was there.

balls
22/04/2006, 11:49 PM
well done to saints youths for beating cashel in the league. just hope cashel can regain form for munster final there up against it though tramore are meant to be serious outfit. very strong up front and cashels only week spot is center of defence so this could bethere downfall.

wilhelm2
23/04/2006, 4:45 AM
Thanks lads, sorry to hear Noel is out of PV - worked hard for that club when he was there.

there,s is no doubt that noel worked hard while at peake villa and they probably would not have had the success they had without him.
however the legacy he left behind could only be compared to peter ridsdale
at leeds utd (and anyone that knows football knows the story there).

it,s a minor miracle that the present lot have survived the holocost
and are still battling in the premier with new dressing rooms to boot.

balls
23/04/2006, 6:17 PM
peake had good win today beating old bridge 4-1. finnan seems to have them geared towards winning the cup they have a chance if they can avoid saints in the semi. kilmanahan and cashel other semi finalists. kilmanahan are stronger of 2 teams id say cashel are poor surprised they beat borris. towns confidence will be hit after defeat today but they will be really fired up for mjc final now. saints seem to have hit form at right time. an earlier post said bansha would not have team next year i find that hard to believe after finishing 3rd this year. anyone else hear anything about this

Tipp Man 2
24/04/2006, 8:34 AM
peake had good win today beating old bridge 4-1. finnan seems to have them geared towards winning the cup they have a chance if they can avoid saints in the semi. kilmanahan and cashel other semi finalists. kilmanahan are stronger of 2 teams id say cashel are poor surprised they beat borris. towns confidence will be hit after defeat today but they will be really fired up for mjc final now. saints seem to have hit form at right time. an earlier post said bansha would not have team next year i find that hard to believe after finishing 3rd this year. anyone else hear anything about this

saints v cashel, peake v kilmanahan... anyone at the saints v town game??? How did it go?did saints deserve it..i missed it...

Van The Man
24/04/2006, 3:45 PM
there,s is no doubt that noel worked hard while at peake villa and they probably would not have had the success they had without him.
however the legacy he left behind could only be compared to peter ridsdale
at leeds utd (and anyone that knows football knows the story there).

it,s a minor miracle that the present lot have survived the holocost
and are still battling in the premier with new dressing rooms to boot.

Noel Byrne and Peter Ridsdale....mmmmm let me see....If you re-arrange the letters of Peter Ridsdale.....U end up with DIRE LEEDS PRAT....Interesting !

Why you say "it a minor miracle that the present "lot" have survived the holocost and are still battling in the premier with new dressing rooms to boot" is beyond me.....Try explaining it please :confused:

Van The Man
24/04/2006, 3:49 PM
saints v cashel, peake v kilmanahan... anyone at the saints v town game??? How did it go?did saints deserve it..i missed it...

Wasn't there myself.....but heard it was 1-1 with 15 mins to go. Town went ahead and Davie Ryan made it 1-1.....

Ur probably looking at a Peake V Saints Final...with Saints taking the Final. Borris went down to Cashel yesterday on penos....A poor game to say the least with some awful defending that cost borris the game. On that note, don't think cashel will put up much of a fight against saints...Saints have found their form of late with a good string of results lately....

Tipperary_Man
24/04/2006, 7:41 PM
anything can happen in cup football so i wouldn't write off the2underdogs yet, from what i heard the borris game wasnt a bad1, real cup tie, end to end stuff, chances missed, mistakes made etc

hamish
24/04/2006, 11:53 PM
I'm sorry I brought Noel up in this thread - only speaking from working with him which,TBH, was brilliant. He did more to help me organise the Primary Schools scene in Tipp and Munster than all the fcuking teachers there - most of whom were a bloody nuisance and the very definition of "micky mousers".
Sorry if I've opened a can of worms regarding the man.
Can only speak from personal experience TBH.:o

Van The Man
25/04/2006, 8:39 AM
I'm sorry I brought Noel up in this thread - only speaking from working with him which,TBH, was brilliant. He did more to help me organise the Primary Schools scene in Tipp and Munster than all the fcuking teachers there - most of whom were a bloody nuisance and the very definition of "micky mousers".
Sorry if I've opened a can of worms regarding the man.
Can only speak from personal experience TBH.:o

Sirhamish, Everyone has their own opinion and different dealing with people, so no need to be sorry for putting across your opinions on this matter. This did come up on the thread before and people had their own opinions, just like everyone has their own opinions on soccer.......Anyway......back to the football....:ball:

Van The Man
25/04/2006, 8:44 AM
anything can happen in cup football so i wouldn't write off the2underdogs yet, from what i heard the borris game wasnt a bad1, real cup tie, end to end stuff, chances missed, mistakes made etc

Of course we can't write off the underdogs....But maybe Saints just have the upperhand in their tie.....The Villa game could be a good one, they are not sharp as nails this season at all, one good week, one bad week...more bad weeks me thinks !!!!!! ....:cool:

Tipp Man 2
25/04/2006, 9:24 AM
Of course we can't write off the underdogs....But maybe Saints just have the upperhand in their tie.....The Villa game could be a good one, they are not sharp as nails this season at all, one good week, one bad week...more bad weeks me thinks !!!!!! ....:cool:

for me a peake - saints final?

Van The Man
25/04/2006, 3:27 PM
for me a peake - saints final?

Looks like a fair call........I think saints will edge it out on the day..just going on recent performances. But with cup football, anything can happen on the day !

Peake were at full strength at the weekend apart from Duggan at midfield, but still lack strength in depth. No reserves on the bench of any quailty.

hamish
25/04/2006, 7:54 PM
Sirhamish, Everyone has their own opinion and different dealing with people, so no need to be sorry for putting across your opinions on this matter. This did come up on the thread before and people had their own opinions, just like everyone has their own opinions on soccer.......Anyway......back to the football....:ball:

Thank you, kindly Van the Man, TBH I was just curious how Noel weas getting on.:)