i thought he was doing well but never the else the game was poor
carrick were bad on the night and micheals were not much better with
jerry smith there he saw nothing last night from both teams
but ill end with this carricks time on the up is all but over looking last
night.minge done his party piece again getting sent off and fizzy
should have gone 2.

balls
09/04/2006, 6:23 PM
must admit i fancy saints to win mc hugh and coady not good enough to trouble saints defence think they are too small. unless they go with tony scully up front with coady maybe. kevin o sullivan, higgins , james walsh and breeno are def best players in there positions at junior level in ireland if not the country

lim abroad
09/04/2006, 6:36 PM
kevin o sullivan, higgins , james walsh and breeno are def best players in there positions at junior level in ireland if not the country
what country is ireland in??:D :confused:

tipp man
09/04/2006, 9:08 PM
Castlebar Celtic played a lot like St. Michaels today and, despite having 89 minutes to reverse Celtic's early score, Clonmel Town were unable to force a breakthrough. Having watched both Clonmel and St. Michaels this weekend, Saints have got to be favourites as I don't believe that Clonmel Town have the knack or the guile to come from behind against teams like Castlebar or St. Michaels. Expect a repeat of last years final I'm afraid.

Tipp Man 2
10/04/2006, 8:21 AM
Castlebar Celtic played a lot like St. Michaels today and, despite having 89 minutes to reverse Celtic's early score, Clonmel Town were unable to force a breakthrough. Having watched both Clonmel and St. Michaels this weekend, Saints have got to be favourites as I don't believe that Clonmel Town have the knack or the guile to come from behind against teams like Castlebar or St. Michaels. Expect a repeat of last years final I'm afraid.

Town seemed to do the same as Carrick on sat...play into the hands of castlebar lobbing balls to Dykes and his partner... Ian Barnes was a disgrace..his set piece delivery and his free kicks were shocking...i think town lost it on sideline..John shanahan switched from midfield to left winger to left fulll..... raymie condon is a left full playing centre half and davis is a right full playing centre half..both were exposed badly for the goal..like the red sea opened up... and at that level it only take's 1 minute of stupidity to cost you... the guy from dungarvan is a centre half playing right full.. players cannot be expected to play out of position..tony scully is beter coming onto the ball than holding it up..even though when he went up front i thought he did ok..paul scully didn't play well...not sure about that new keeper...
no matter what is said though..clonmel town are clonmel town..there are a good team very professional and will be ready for a final with saints...as i have always said about town--saints games it will be a case of form goes out the window and its who takes their chances( makes mistakes ) on the day.. i will finish on the point that its great for the ts&dl to have an all Munster junior final for the 3rd time in six years..

C.T.F.C
10/04/2006, 12:01 PM
I have to agree the tactics against Castlebar were certainly flawed. Also too many of the players had off days, barnesey in particular had a shocker. However I wouldn't write him off just yet. This year alone he has hit half a dozen free kicks that no keeper in the country would have saved. Town will certainly have to change their strategy for the final as a repeat of yesterdays performance will certainly end in disaster. On the plus side the players shouldn't require any motivation to reverse form against St Michaels. For some of the older players (scully, raymie, boland, blanche) it may be their last chance to win a Munster. The powerbase of munster football has certainly shifted to the southeast. Long may it continue. Heres to a good final. BTW anyone have any idea of the final date?

Tipp Man 2
11/04/2006, 11:22 AM
I have to agree the tactics against Castlebar were certainly flawed. Also too many of the players had off days, barnesey in particular had a shocker. However I wouldn't write him off just yet. This year alone he has hit half a dozen free kicks that no keeper in the country would have saved. Town will certainly have to change their strategy for the final as a repeat of yesterdays performance will certainly end in disaster. On the plus side the players shouldn't require any motivation to reverse form against St Michaels. For some of the older players (scully, raymie, boland, blanche) it may be their last chance to win a Munster. The powerbase of munster football has certainly shifted to the southeast. Long may it continue. Heres to a good final. BTW anyone have any idea of the final date?

it should be a great occasion again... town saints game are very hard to call.... i belive 6th may sat night has been mentioned? town will have it tough in carrick tomorrow night.... rumour has it adrian walsh and paul breen maybe getting a call up for international squad.. i saw gerry smith at saints game and again at town game on sunday with james walsh.. i believe he was done looking at Ian barnes.. any truth in the rumour he played a gaelic game on sat evening and then had his 21st where he had a few pints... not stirring just asking

C.T.F.C
11/04/2006, 12:48 PM
it should be a great occasion again... town saints game are very hard to call.... i belive 6th may sat night has been mentioned? town will have it tough in carrick tomorrow night.... rumour has it adrian walsh and paul breen maybe getting a call up for international squad.. i saw gerry smith at saints game and again at town game on sunday with james walsh.. i believe he was done looking at Ian barnes.. any truth in the rumour he played a gaelic game on sat evening and then had his 21st where he had a few pints... not stirring just asking

Sat night should ensure a great crowd and atmosphere weather permitting. As for Rock Rovers Paddy Power wont even quote odds on a punch up. Its a racing certainty. Not too many people will shed a tear if they are relegated. With regards to Barnes- He played the last 15 mins of an under21 match sat night then headed to his 21st where i can confirm no pints were consumed. On sundays performance Gerry Smith wont be inviting him to play for Ireland. Pity because he has turned in a lot of 5 star performances this year. Breen continues to get better and warrants a shout whilst Adrian walsh cal up is long overdue.

Tipp Man 2
11/04/2006, 1:17 PM
Sat night should ensure a great crowd and atmosphere weather permitting. As for Rock Rovers Paddy Power wont even quote odds on a punch up. Its a racing certainty. Not too many people will shed a tear if they are relegated. With regards to Barnes- He played the last 15 mins of an under21 match sat night then headed to his 21st where i can confirm no pints were consumed. On sundays performance Gerry Smith wont be inviting him to play for Ireland. Pity because he has turned in a lot of 5 star performances this year. Breen continues to get better and warrants a shout whilst Adrian walsh cal up is long overdue.

i'll echo that about rock they are no good for the league.....it is a pity because even though with his attitude he annoys me at times he is a very decent player.. good to see cahir back in and old bridge will be hard to beat down there..pity about their ground though..are they still in green lane...

The Gaffer
11/04/2006, 2:12 PM
I think its about time Carrick gave Minge his marching orders, he is no good to any team!
Sent off last weekend against Michaels (MJC)
Sent off in their game against Pike (FAI JC)
I was at the game on Saturday and from the kick off all Minge wanted to do was hurt someone.
Scum is the word that comes to mind whem talking about Minge!
Has he the same mentality off the pitch???

tipp man
11/04/2006, 2:17 PM
I think its about time Carrick gave Minge his marching orders, he is no good to any team!
Sent off last weekend against Michaels (MJC)
Sent off in their game against Pike (FAI JC)
I was at the game on Saturday and from the kick off all Minge wanted to do was hurt someone.
Scum is the word that comes to mind whem talking about Minge!
Has he the same mentality off the pitch???
I'm not sure this site should be calling anyone scum. Way OTT.

I was at the game as well and I think Ryan behaved disgracefully. Scum is far too strong though.

The Gaffer
11/04/2006, 2:19 PM
I'm not sure this site should be calling anyone scum. Way OTT.

I was at the game as well and I think Ryan behaved disgracefully. Scum is far too strong though.

I was standing next to a few Carrick supports and even they were calling him that!

Tipp Man 2
11/04/2006, 2:44 PM
I was standing next to a few Carrick supports and even they were calling him that!

i agree that he was a disgrace..i think all he can do now is kick and whatever because he is not fit enough and carrying a stone or 2 so can't compete..its up to carrick to rid themselves of this element.... scum is a harsh word but if one goes around elbowing people in the face and kicking people on the ground maybe " the shoe fits" ... enough about him though... what do you reckon about the final?

lim abroad
12/04/2006, 12:44 AM
MOD EDIT:Can we move on guys?...........

Tipp Man 2
13/04/2006, 2:12 PM
i agree that he was a disgrace..i think all he can do now is kick and whatever because he is not fit enough and carrying a stone or 2 so can't compete..its up to carrick to rid themselves of this element.... scum is a harsh word but if one goes around elbowing people in the face and kicking people on the ground maybe " the shoe fits" ... enough about him though... what do you reckon about the final?

looks like 13th may for the final at cahir or clonmel celtic's ground......

tipp man
21/04/2006, 1:17 PM
Final is set for Friday 13th May at 7pm in Cahir Park.

Tipp Man 2
25/04/2006, 11:38 AM
Final is set for Friday 13th May at 7pm in Cahir Park.

anyone brave enough to make a prediction?????

C.T.F.C
25/04/2006, 1:41 PM
Town will create more chances than Saints- the question is will they take them??? The goals from midfield have dried up in recent weeks and this was always going to be a problem as we dont have prolific strikers. should be an epic battle and im going to predict a 3-1 win for Town. Over to you.

Galla
26/04/2006, 7:38 AM
Town need Paul Scully back (he didn't seem too mobile at the weekend) but maybe more importantly need to replace Alan Cody. Not fair to criticise the lad but he just isn't quite up to it - might improve in time. Paul Shanahan did well against saints on Sunday so I'd have him with either Robbie Boland or even give Jan a chance. With Scully back and a different front man I think 'Town have a good chance - surely will be more motivated. Otherwise I fear 'Saints will have a bit too much strength - and cuteness (not in a gay way !!).

Tipp Man 2
26/04/2006, 8:40 AM
Town will create more chances than Saints- the question is will they take them??? The goals from midfield have dried up in recent weeks and this was always going to be a problem as we dont have prolific strikers. should be an epic battle and im going to predict a 3-1 win for Town. Over to you.

it will be a tough battle... after last week i believe town will switch to 3-5-2 to suffocate midfield like they did in last years final.. they were hammered on sunday i believe in the 2nd half.. barnes is a luxury player who likes going forward but not working back.."The goals from midfield have dried up in recent week" this is because they have come up against teams that know who to deal with barnes..thats not having a go just as i see it.. still he will always be dangerous.. i see it as a tight game as well.. i had my rreservations about saints going 1-0 down to town but last sunday dispelled that..saints are v dangerous from set pieces and i think thats what it will boil down to..maybe 1-0 2-1 but i don;t see town score 3 goals on that saints defence and keeper.. too well organised. haven't conceded 3 in a game this year..but town are well capable..Charlie has them organised v well too... without scully they have no leaders.. they need him to play but if he does how fit will he be..

Tipp Man 2
26/04/2006, 8:44 AM
Town need Paul Scully back (he didn't seem too mobile at the weekend) but maybe more importantly need to replace Alan Cody. Not fair to criticise the lad but he just isn't quite up to it - might improve in time. Paul Shanahan did well against saints on Sunday so I'd have him with either Robbie Boland or even give Jan a chance. With Scully back and a different front man I think 'Town have a good chance - surely will be more motivated. Otherwise I fear 'Saints will have a bit too much strength - and cuteness (not in a gay way !!).

agreed re paul scully.. he is their only leader..they others go missing at times..paul shanahan is not bad.. but all he does in run.. not a goal scorer either..would i be correct in saying town have never replaced aaron moroney in terms of a goal scorer.. coady scores against poor teams but i can't ever remember him scoring against saints?? robbie boland is gone past it..don't know about jan never seen him play..will they cahnce blanche in a 3-5-2 formation for final??

C.T.F.C
26/04/2006, 4:01 PM
it will be a tough battle... after last week i believe town will switch to 3-5-2 to suffocate midfield like they did in last years final.. they were hammered on sunday i believe in the 2nd half.. barnes is a luxury player who likes going forward but not working back.."The goals from midfield have dried up in recent week" this is because they have come up against teams that know who to deal with barnes..thats not having a go just as i see it.. still he will always be dangerous.. i see it as a tight game as well.. i had my rreservations about saints going 1-0 down to town but last sunday dispelled that..saints are v dangerous from set pieces and i think thats what it will boil down to..maybe 1-0 2-1 but i don;t see town score 3 goals on that saints defence and keeper.. too well organised. haven't conceded 3 in a game this year..but town are well capable..Charlie has them organised v well too... without scully they have no leaders.. they need him to play but if he does how fit will he be..

why switch to 3-5-2 when they won the midfield on sunday with 4-4-2 and this without paul scully. You obviously weren't at the game as at no stage were Town hammered. Quite the reverse actually. Saints had 2 chances and took them both- Town had at least 4 clear goalscoring opportunities but only took one. Towns problems are well documented. They fail to capitalise on the number of chances they create, dominating sides but failing to finish them off. Coady is a hard grafter but not a natural striker. His best position is actually playing just off the front two but needs must. At least that problem looks to be resolved for next season with the confirmed arrival of 2 new strikers. With regard to Barnes- yes he has definetly gone off the boil at the wrong stage of the season but may prove to have a sting in the tail. I agree that Saints are very dangerous from set plays but if Town can limit those they stand every chance because Saints dont create a lot in open play. THE FUTURES BRIGHT- THE FUTURES ORANGE. :D

Tipp Man 2
28/04/2006, 6:57 AM
why switch to 3-5-2 when they won the midfield on sunday with 4-4-2 and this without paul scully. You obviously weren't at the game as at no stage were Town hammered. Quite the reverse actually. Saints had 2 chances and took them both- Town had at least 4 clear goalscoring opportunities but only took one. Towns problems are well documented. They fail to capitalise on the number of chances they create, dominating sides but failing to finish them off. Coady is a hard grafter but not a natural striker. His best position is actually playing just off the front two but needs must. At least that problem looks to be resolved for next season with the confirmed arrival of 2 new strikers. With regard to Barnes- yes he has definetly gone off the boil at the wrong stage of the season but may prove to have a sting in the tail. I agree that Saints are very dangerous from set plays but if Town can limit those they stand every chance because Saints dont create a lot in open play. THE FUTURES BRIGHT- THE FUTURES ORANGE. :D

will u ever take off those orange blinkers please....... Town had 1 clear cut opportunity when Coady got through at 1-1 and dragged his shot... The reason for 3-5-2...cause charlie has no faith in his backline.... both centre half's are not good enough to go 1 and 1 like walsh and breen for 90 minutes..centre halves cost town against castlebar and last sunday.....saints created 5 clear chances in 2nd half... Rumour has it this is charlie's last season... as for paul scully..saints prefer to have him playing cause the way he is palying lately he doesn't get around the pitcvh and contributes allot less than shanahan...

jug2004
28/04/2006, 8:44 AM
I'm sorry tipp man but i have to but in here, i was at the match the weekend also, it is correct to say that town dominated the first half creating some half chances and by playing football. The second half michaels were well on top because clonmel gave away silly frees at the beginning of the half which allowed michaels to apply pressure the only way they know how...from set pieces,this gave them the upper hand. Other than that they relied on 2 mistakes for the 2 goals and and only created one clear cut chance from play. Sorry but michaels once again showed on sunday that they play long ball and hope pickup and play off the breaks. Padgo and B Ryan didn't kick a ball really whereas town had 2 great chances from shanahan(blazed over from 6 yards) and scully at 1-1 which could have put them ahead again. I think the final will be tight again this year, michaels definatley have the upper hand mentally now which could keep their noses in front!

Tipp Man 2
28/04/2006, 10:07 AM
I'm sorry tipp man but i have to but in here, i was at the match the weekend also, it is correct to say that town dominated the first half creating some half chances and by playing football. The second half michaels were well on top because clonmel gave away silly frees at the beginning of the half which allowed michaels to apply pressure the only way they know how...from set pieces,this gave them the upper hand. Other than that they relied on 2 mistakes for the 2 goals and and only created one clear cut chance from play. Sorry but michaels once again showed on sunday that they play long ball and hope pickup and play off the breaks. Padgo and B Ryan didn't kick a ball really whereas town had 2 great chances from shanahan(blazed over from 6 yards) and scully at 1-1 which could have put them ahead again. I think the final will be tight again this year, michaels definatley have the upper hand mentally now which could keep their noses in front!

ok fair points we'll agree to disagree..... hopefully there will be a big crowd for a great occasion for the TS&DL

C.T.F.C
28/04/2006, 1:05 PM
will u ever take off those orange blinkers please....... Town had 1 clear cut opportunity when Coady got through at 1-1 and dragged his shot... The reason for 3-5-2...cause charlie has no faith in his backline.... both centre half's are not good enough to go 1 and 1 like walsh and breen for 90 minutes..centre halves cost town against castlebar and last sunday.....saints created 5 clear chances in 2nd half... Rumour has it this is charlie's last season... as for paul scully..saints prefer to have him playing cause the way he is palying lately he doesn't get around the pitcvh and contributes allot less than shanahan...

Are my orange blinkers distracting your guide dog? Apparently im not the only one who thinks that Michaels have turned into Wimbledon. Im not suprised that yere not worried about Scully playing as ye wont attempt to play through midfield anyway. As for Charlie leaving- first ive heard so i cant comment. Any truth in the rumours that Foxy Grace will be taking the reins at Cooke Park next year? As for the final- May the best team win. BTW still waiting on a score prediction from TippMan2? THE FUTURES BRIGHT- THE FUTURES ORANGE.

stephen07
02/05/2006, 8:58 AM
Are my orange blinkers distracting your guide dog? Apparently im not the only one who thinks that Michaels have turned into Wimbledon. Im not suprised that yere not worried about Scully playing as ye wont attempt to play through midfield anyway. As for Charlie leaving- first ive heard so i cant comment. Any truth in the rumours that Foxy Grace will be taking the reins at Cooke Park next year? As for the final- May the best team win. BTW still waiting on a score prediction from TippMan2? THE FUTURES BRIGHT- THE FUTURES ORANGE.

Have heard the rumours of Charlie leaving CTFC but from what i have heard it's due to work commitment's and nothing else!! As for Michael Grace taking over in town I have heard that too and from a reliable source he's publically denying it but has some sort of agreement made and is keeping it quiet due to current management being in a MJC final and not to disrupt the player's before said game!! Anyone else hear anything?

Tipp Man 2
03/05/2006, 8:12 AM
Have heard the rumours of Charlie leaving CTFC but from what i have heard it's due to work commitment's and nothing else!! As for Michael Grace taking over in town I have heard that too and from a reliable source he's publically denying it but has some sort of agreement made and is keeping it quiet due to current management being in a MJC final and not to disrupt the player's before said game!! Anyone else hear anything?

I will confirm that barry Ryan and John walsh will be saints manager next year. Gracie is still too committed to the GAA and would bot be able to combine both come July when pre-season starts. The committee have already given the job to barry ryan and John walsh again.. and why not seconf consecutive MJ cup final appearance and hopefully 2nd consecutive win.
CTFC my prediction is a 2-0 win to st michaels.

C.T.F.C
13/05/2006, 10:14 AM
Clonmel Town finally ended their MJC Finals jinx at Cahir park last night beating Saints 2-1. Just reward for their seasons efforts as they were deservedly crowned Munster kingpins. The game itself was quite scrappy and tight and never really flowed. The main reason for this was the ref's performance which at best could be described as inept. Great to see Kevin Blanche finally pocket a winners medal before retirement. THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT- THE FUTURE'S ORANGE.

Local scout
15/05/2006, 7:43 AM
Clonmel Town finally ended their MJC Finals jinx at Cahir park last night beating Saints 2-1. Just reward for their seasons efforts as they were deservedly crowned Munster kingpins. The game itself was quite scrappy and tight and never really flowed. The main reason for this was the ref's performance which at best could be described as inept. Great to see Kevin Blanche finally pocket a winners medal before retirement. THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT- THE FUTURE'S ORANGE.

CONGRTATS TO ALL INVOLVED IN CLONMEL.GREAT WIN.

Tipp Man 2
15/05/2006, 8:11 AM

Fair play to Clonmel town they are deserving winners of the munster Junior cup. Personally i thought it was a v good final with loads of incidents and good play. I am very proud of saints for their second half display and they showed they were great champions.. Alas Clonmel town deserved to win the game over the 90 minutes and for the heartbreak of the last 11 years.. well done. Fair play to Paul scully with his comments after match. roll on season 2006-2007

stephen07
15/05/2006, 9:06 AM
Many congratulation's to Clonmel Town a well deserved victory and truth be told it could have been over by half time. St.Michaels were a sham defensively, it's hard to fathom how they watched it for so long on the line before they made changes, a very good full back in young grace saw him the week previous and played very well,why on the bench??? Speed and skill in Richard Ryan that came on looked very dangerous and caused trouble for the Clonmel Town defence...where has he been lately and why did it take so long to bring him on:confused: The game was lost by a very poor first half performance and indecision on the line. Not taking away from Clonmel Town's victory they performed very well all over the field,they were the hungrier team and they wanted it more.From an independant view it would have been a complete injustice if St.Michaels got anything from the game.Just reward for a C.Town team who have performed well all year a good team with plenty of promising players & good management.

stevie11
15/05/2006, 12:02 PM
Congrats to clonmel town on winning de MJC,very well deserved and they have showed that they are the strongest team in the TSDL by winning the double!! Disappointment for Michaels overall and they may end up with nothing this season if Peak Villa pull off a double against them this year!!!:D :D

Van The Man
16/05/2006, 9:10 AM
Congrats to clonmel town on winning de MJC,very well deserved and they have showed that they are the strongest team in the TSDL by winning the double!! Disappointment for Michaels overall and they may end up with nothing this season if Peak Villa pull off a double against them this year!!!:D :D

Yes congrats to The Town on a well deserved victory. Saints just didn't have the steam that Town had. Every time a Saints player had the ball, Town were hunting in packs to get it back, which ended in Saints having to kick endless high balls that Town defence cleared easily. Saints were poor all round, Davie Ryan just didn't preform. James Walsh and Paul Breen had a very bad night, Breen was lucky to stay on the field when Coady rounded him early in the game and Breen, as last man back, took him down. But poor auld John Teehan hadn't the heart to give Breen even a card :confused: Overall it wasn't a bad game, plenty of bite and some good football. I was just very dissapointed that John Teehan got the game. But that doesnt take from a great victory for the town and overall an excellant season...again. Time for Saints now to raise their heads again for the Tipp Cup against Villa on Friday night next. Villa will be hungry for this and they will be trying to salvage something from yet another poor season for the Thurles outfit.

tipp man
16/05/2006, 9:43 PM
I'm delighted for Town. You don't always get what you deserve in sport but on this occasion, Clonmel Town did. Good to see Kevin Blanche getting a medal. I think Paul Scully has a complete set of junior medals now. He also won a Munster Youths Cup winners medal with the Bridge years ago I think but I am open to correction on that.

Paul is a great servant. Delighted he lifted the cup.