PDA

View Full Version : Munster Junior Cup 2005/06

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

the only 1
30/01/2006, 6:09 PM
fairplay to Corbally who also went through yesterday.what was the pike team?
no hartnett,droog,hanrahan,phelan,morris,nabs

abbeyvale
31/01/2006, 7:58 AM
looking like a carrick v carew pk quarter final

I wouldn't write off Corbally just yet, hope they stay in it

HuRya
31/01/2006, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't write off Corbally just yet, hope they stay in it

so they get distracted from their league campaign-doubt it!

abbeyvale
31/01/2006, 11:37 AM
so they get distracted from their league campaign-doubt it!

you got it in one,

have you the results from division 1a games at the weekend??

HuRya
31/01/2006, 12:06 PM
you got it in one,

have you the results from division 1a games at the weekend??

the croom vs shannon and dines vs wembley games were off.. not too sure bout the other one

DRAFC
02/02/2006, 8:04 AM
New to this site, and the only place with decent news on Munster Junior Cup fixtures and results so keep up the good work.
Do any of ye know what Ballyvolane are like as a team? or what should be expected of them?

tralee_dynamo
02/02/2006, 3:48 PM
Village Utd 0 Killarney Celtic 2, great result for Celtic
and have a home draw in the last 16 against Avenue...

C.T.F.C
06/02/2006, 2:36 PM
St. Michaels beat Rockmount 4-1 on saturday night and are away to Lismore in the next round.:rolleyes:

The Gaffer
07/02/2006, 8:21 AM
I would put my money on Carrick to win the Munster Junior Cup

Noddy
07/02/2006, 10:22 AM
they'll have another tough game at home to carew park. carew's discipline is bad though and usually costs them

abbeyvale
07/02/2006, 10:32 AM
they'll have another tough game at home to carew park. carew's discipline is bad though and usually costs them

Who says Carew will beat Corbally?????

I wouldn't write off Corbally, they did beat the Boro this season as well remember!!!!!

Johnnie C
09/02/2006, 4:11 PM
Do any of ye know what Ballyvolane are like as a team? or what should be expected of them?

I know it was a surprise that they beat Coachford in the last round. You should undertake a spying mission to the city :) Is this the furthest a West Cork side has got in the MJC ?

DRAFC
10/02/2006, 10:47 AM
I don't know for sure if any teams from the west cork league have made the last 16 before other than us, but i don't think a west cork team has ever reached the quarter finals at all, not to my knowledge anyway. We've won the premier Division the last 3 years in a row which is a nice record to hold, but we're not doing the best this season. So it'll be great if we can beat the Ballyvolane team in two weeks. Cause another few upsets like. Who are the favourities to win it out now that Pike R. of limerick are out?

C.T.F.C
10/02/2006, 1:28 PM
Based on recent years form probably Carrick, St Michaels or Town. :D

DRAFC
11/02/2006, 7:53 AM
gud stuff. Are the Semi-finals played at a nutral venue or home + away or wat? do ye know?

kingpin
15/02/2006, 12:35 PM
gud stuff. Are the Semi-finals played at a nutral venue or home + away or wat? do ye know?
Neutral venue

abbeyvale
16/02/2006, 12:06 PM
MJC 6th Round Draw-

A) Drinagh Rvs v Coachford or Ballyvolane
B) Leeside v Maymount
C) St.Ita's v Waterford Bohs or Villa Utd or Everton
D) Nenagh Celtic v Clonmel Town
E) Carew Pk v Corbally Utd
F) Killarney Celtic v Avenue Utd
G) Lismore v St.Michaels
H) Carrick Utd v St.Marys

kingpin
17/02/2006, 9:26 AM
MJC 6th Round Draw-

B) Leeside v Maymount
G) Lismore v St.Michaels
Leeside V Maaymount looks like the tie of the round

tipp man
19/02/2006, 5:54 PM
Clonmel Town beat Nenagh Celtic 2-1 AET and St Michaels beat Lismore by same scoreline to make it two Tipp teams in last 8.

balls
19/02/2006, 8:19 PM
twice now this year town have robbed nenagh. i dont know how they keep snatching victory from jaws of defeat players are just used to playing together and always belief they can score i suppose they never seem to panic

cupsgalore
19/02/2006, 9:53 PM
lady luck id say def they robbed a victory over tralee dynamos in fai junior cup too id fancy clonmel to do an fai and munster junior cup double it looks like its their year

CousinSylDolan
20/02/2006, 7:27 AM
Kilarney Celtic 2-1 Avenue (aet)

Johnnie C
21/02/2006, 11:33 AM
St.Ita's 2 Villa Utd 0

Well done to St.Ita's from Ashford in West Limerick for reaching the quarter's of the MJC. A huge achievement for a small club.

kingpin
21/02/2006, 12:34 PM
Carrick United beat Avondale of cork 2-0 an the munster seior cup on sunday, they now have a home tie to Cork city in the quarter finals

abbeyvale
22/02/2006, 8:46 AM
MJC 6th Round Draw-

B) Leeside v Maymount
G) Lismore v St.Michaels

Fixture 26th Feb 2006.
Carew Pk v Corbally (2.30pm Boro Club)

DRAFC
26/02/2006, 3:05 PM
MJC 6th Round Draw-

B) Leeside v Maymount
G) Lismore v St.Michaels

Drinagh Rangers 1:0 Ballyvolane
Great result for the West Cork team. Goal in the dying minutes that appeared to go in straight for the corner. Bring on Leeside I say!!

abbeyvale
27/02/2006, 5:14 PM
Carew Pk 4-0 Corbally

kingpin
27/02/2006, 6:09 PM
Carrick Utd. 2-0 St.Mary's

abbeyvale
27/02/2006, 9:56 PM
1/4 final draw.

Drinagh v Leeside/Maymount
St.Ita's v Nenagh/Clonmel Town
Lismore/St.Michaels v Kilareney Athletic
Carrick Utd v Carew Park

(Ties to be played on or before 11/12 March 06)

DRAFC
28/02/2006, 11:07 AM
Final 8 in quarter finals

Drinagh Rangers Vs Leeside (Little Island)
St.Ita's Vs Clonmel Town
St. Michaels Vs Kilareney Athletic
Carrick Utd Vs Carew Park

thereds
01/03/2006, 4:12 PM
Final 8 in quarter finals

Drinagh Rangers Vs Leeside (Little Island)
St.Ita's Vs Clonmel Town
St. Michaels Vs Kilareney Athletic
Carrick Utd Vs Carew Park

Its Killarney Celtic that St. Michaels play and not Killarney athletic

DRAFC
02/03/2006, 7:38 AM
Its Killarney Celtic that St. Michaels play and not Killarney athletic
My bad. took from the wrong reference.
What is the proposed venue for the semi finals does anybody no? Turners cross or somewhere?? don't mean to get ahead of ourselves but just out of curiosity.

Tipp Man 2
06/03/2006, 9:41 AM
hi DRFC,
Semi finals are played in a neutral venue in the county of the team drawn first..e.g. If st Michaels were in the semi and drawn first then the game would be on in a location in Tipp but not Cooke park home of St Michaels...
all quarter finals this w'end...Im going to go with clonmel carew St michaels and drinagh.... what do you all think?

Tipp Man 2
06/03/2006, 9:43 AM
anyone know anything about Killarney celtic?

DRAFC
06/03/2006, 11:13 AM
hi DRFC,
Semi finals are played in a neutral venue in the county of the team drawn first..e.g. If st Michaels were in the semi and drawn first then the game would be on in a location in Tipp but not Cooke park home of St Michaels...
all quarter finals this w'end...Im going to go with clonmel carew St michaels and drinagh.... what do you all think?

I don't no much about the teams left in it but at a guess i'd say, Carrick Utd with their home advantage, St. micheals for the same reason and possible Clonmel town as well. as for the Drinagh Vs Leeside game, we are the major underdogs for this one but we are capable of beating anyone in our own patch but it'll come down to whoever wants it more on the day, and i can tell ya now, WE WANT IT! I'm out in france for the last 2 months and i'm going home for the game next weekend, so I hope its gunna be a cracker.

Tipp Man 2
06/03/2006, 1:17 PM
Best of luck with the quarter finals hopefuly we'll( St Michaels) meet in the final....

Tipp Man 2
06/03/2006, 1:22 PM
Clonmel town will be favourites to win it..beaten in last 2 finals and have won 23 straight this season including a 2 nil victory over st michaels in the league...

tipp man
07/03/2006, 9:52 AM
Clonmel town will be favourites to win it..beaten in last 2 finals and have won 23 straight this season including a 2 nil victory over st michaels in the league...
Carrick to win at home (but only just). I think Clonmel Twon have 24 chalked up at this stage; some by the skin of their teeth but you cannot argue with a record like theirs.

jug2004
07/03/2006, 10:21 AM
town actually have 27 notched up after the weekend, their website has all the games played this season, alot of them by the skin of their teeth too! but you do need the luck at times though, maybe they are due to win something, i think michaels will progress and so will carrick i don't know how they have come back after the defeat to pike but they are a class side and should have too much for carew on the day. It seems the usual heads will be around for the semis again this year possibly 3 of last years 4 semi finalists. antone know of anywhere thats has odds for the munster junior cup at this stage and what them odds are?:)

C.T.F.C
07/03/2006, 12:40 PM
True, Town have ground out some results but the harder we try the luckier we get.:D

widow
07/03/2006, 1:09 PM
Reckon clonmel will sweep the board this year, I've 100 euros on them to win the FAI at 8/1

abbeyvale
07/03/2006, 5:54 PM
Reckon clonmel will sweep the board this year, I've 100 euros on them to win the FAI at 8/1

what price are they now for the fai or mjc

Tipp Man 2
08/03/2006, 10:03 AM
True, Town have ground out some results but the harder we try the luckier we get.:D

they also ground out some results last year and look what happened to them..they lost the munster junior to a michaels beaten in tipp cup as well and only won the league because Michaels were on the **** for the week after the munster junior..player for player michaels are a better team.... Kevin o Sullivan paul breen, James walsh Davy Ryan Paul tobin Aaron Moroney and probably higgy would make the Town starting 11. agree?? thats 7 saints players..if you compared the carrick team to town it would probably be the same...No doubt Town are a good team but their goalkeeper and defense are not good enough.they have beaten NOBODY and i mean NOBODY in FAI or Munster junior to warrant thoughts of winning either.2 poor centre halves a left full that couldn't make a town team for the last 5 years..john shanahan is not a right full but is a v good player...from there up they are v good. your thoughts?

Tipp Man 2
08/03/2006, 10:05 AM

widow you must have money to throw away... no wonder paddy powers etc are posting big yearly profits when people like you fill their coffers with easy made money...

C.T.F.C
08/03/2006, 11:14 AM
they also ground out some results last year and look what happened to them..they lost the munster junior to a michaels beaten in tipp cup as well and only won the league because Michaels were on the **** for the week after the munster junior..player for player michaels are a better team.... Kevin o Sullivan paul breen, James walsh Davy Ryan Paul tobin Aaron Moroney and probably higgy would make the Town starting 11. agree?? thats 7 saints players..if you compared the carrick team to town it would probably be the same...No doubt Town are a good team but their goalkeeper and defense are not good enough.they have beaten NOBODY and i mean NOBODY in FAI or Munster junior to warrant thoughts of winning either.2 poor centre halves a left full that couldn't make a town team for the last 5 years..john shanahan is not a right full but is a v good player...from there up they are v good. your thoughts?

I only ask the above question because you have obviously lost touch with reality!!!!! Town played Michaels off the park in last years MJC final but did not take their chances. Michaels had one chance and scored. The Tipp cup semi final loss was indeed unexpected and gave the first glimpse of Michaels new tactics( more on this later). Town won the league because they were the most consistent team over the course of the year. Please feel free to glance at the league table at this point:D . As for your player for player better team reference( had you had much to drink in Lowrys at this point). True we would take Chalky Walsh but then so would any other team in Ireland. Thats a no-brainer. We would also gladly relieve ye of breen and higgy. The rest you can keep. We couldn't possibly afford them.;) This is borne out by the fact that Moroney asked to come back before Christmas and was told to stay where he was. Davy ryan is not a bad player but he is not fit to lace Scullys boots. I have watched them contest midfield umpteen times over the years and he has NEVER , NEVER bettered Scully. Calling the teams we have played so far in the FAI and MJC NOBODYS is typical of the arrogance and disrespect shown by Michaels to other sides. This attitude is one of the reasons ye are no longer in the FAI???. At least widows bet is still in the running. Yours was left on the bookies floor after Peake Villa came to Cooke park.:rolleyes: Lastly (this is the bit I said I would come back to) Michaels are playing like Wimbledon in the Eighties. Lump the ball from the defence to the forward line and kick anything that gets in your way. This is not only my opinion but also a comment made by several other teams supporters in the TSDL. FACT. Sad to see as the Saints teams of previous years were reknowned for their football ability. Lets see who picks up any silverware this season????

Tipp Man 2
08/03/2006, 12:02 PM
I only ask the above question because you have obviously lost touch with reality!!!!! Town played Michaels off the park in last years MJC final but did not take their chances. Michaels had one chance and scored. The Tipp cup semi final loss was indeed unexpected and gave the first glimpse of Michaels new tactics( more on this later). Town won the league because they were the most consistent team over the course of the year. Please feel free to glance at the league table at this point:D . As for your player for player better team reference( had you had much to drink in Lowrys at this point). True we would take Chalky Walsh but then so would any other team in Ireland. Thats a no-brainer. We would also gladly relieve ye of breen and higgy. The rest you can keep. We couldn't possibly afford them.;) This is borne out by the fact that Moroney asked to come back before Christmas and was told to stay where he was. Davy ryan is not a bad player but he is not fit to lace Scullys boots. I have watched them contest midfield umpteen times over the years and he has NEVER , NEVER bettered Scully. Calling the teams we have played so far in the FAI and MJC NOBODYS is typical of the arrogance and disrespect shown by Michaels to other sides. This attitude is one of the reasons ye are no longer in the FAI???. At least widows bet is still in the running. Yours was left on the bookies floor after Peake Villa came to Cooke park.:rolleyes: Lastly (this is the bit I said I would come back to) Michaels are playing like Wimbledon in the Eighties. Lump the ball from the defence to the forward line and kick anything that gets in your way. This is not only my opinion but also a comment made by several other teams supporters in the TSDL. FACT. Sad to see as the Saints teams of previous years were reknowned for their football ability. Lets see who picks up any silverware this season????

fair comments but at the end of the day it doesn't matter what type of football is played..results will be remembered in history..michaels played fairview and portmarnock off the park in both FAI finals and ended up losing..thats whats remembered..as for disrespecting the teams you have beaten in fai/munster junior its not disrespect its reality..none of those teams would have been considered even close to contention for winning either cups.. do you not agree with me about your goalkeeper and defense.. raymie is slow and way past it,,Davis is a steady right full but not even related to whats needed as a centre back to win an FAI and ronan S was as i said before considered (by town people) not good enough.. so come on honest opinion ..John S is a good player but not a right full..i

Tipp Man 2
08/03/2006, 12:10 PM

just to add as well Moroney had to come to saints to win anything "big" so i wouldn't listen to rumours of him wanting to come back..billy lamb and paul scully wouldn't be on his christmas list..and when it comes to big games between town and saints saints have the upper hand 2-0 munster junior 2001 and Munster junior 2005..all going well it will be sweet to complete the hat trick this year if both teams make it through..

C.T.F.C
08/03/2006, 12:49 PM
fair comments but at the end of the day it doesn't matter what type of football is played..results will be remembered in history..michaels played fairview and portmarnock off the park in both FAI finals and ended up losing..thats whats remembered..as for disrespecting the teams you have beaten in fai/munster junior its not disrespect its reality..none of those teams would have been considered even close to contention for winning either cups.. do you not agree with me about your goalkeeper and defense.. raymie is slow and way past it,,Davis is a steady right full but not even related to whats needed as a centre back to win an FAI and ronan S was as i said before considered (by town people) not good enough.. so come on honest opinion ..John S is a good player but not a right full..i

If you read my post properly you will see that I concede we would take Walsh, Breen and Higgins. Since when is calling teams NOBODYS not disrespectful??? Are Killarney Celtic NOBODYS??? We played Tralee Dynamos this year and I can assure you they are a quality side. Ye probably expect to beat Killarney Celtic just by turning up. It may be the rock ye perish on. In relation to Moroney, sorry to burst your bubble but he DID look for a return to Town. FACT. Not rumour. And BIG would be the FAI first then the Munster. If we are beaten by a better side then I will be the first to admit it. However I refuse to rubbish other teams ability(unlike some) based on a false superiority complex. Lets leave it at that shall we and let the results speak fot themselves.;)

lim abroad
08/03/2006, 12:49 PM
michaels played fairview and portmarnock off the park in both FAI finals
are you sure?

Noddy
08/03/2006, 2:29 PM
ya,fairview gave them a 2 goal head start then just rolled over them to be honest