PDA

View Full Version : Rent your house for the Ryder Cup.

joeSoap
19/09/2005, 10:56 AM
I've had an agency from Florida on to me asking if I'd be interested in renting out my property for a week or two during the Ryder Cup. They hae seen pics of the apartment, know the location and have offered me ridiculous money ($8,500 USD) as they say they have a VP of some blue chip wanting to rent it.

Is this for real? I have checked out the company,, and they seem ligit. It seems too good to be true.

paul_oshea
19/09/2005, 11:02 AM
do it ye numpty quick!!

seriouslly its a pity roscommon is too far away from kildare!!! they reckon come closer to the time it will be even more!!!!

Cosmo
19/09/2005, 12:06 PM
I've had an agency from Florida on to me asking if I'd be interested in renting out my property for a week or two during the Ryder Cup. They hae seen pics of the apartment, know the location and have offered me ridiculous money ($8,500 USD) as they say they have a VP of some blue chip wanting to rent it.

Is this for real? I have checked out the company,, and they seem ligit. It seems too good to be true.

Saw it in the paper last week that the locals are going to make a mint for renting out their houses

finlma
19/09/2005, 12:24 PM
I know someone up that way who was contacted too. I'd hold out for a bit more to be honest. I've heard ridiculous sums of up to $30,000 been offered for larger houses.

On another note - did anyone apply for Ryder Cup tickets?

I applied in the the lottery and haven't heard back. Initially they said that draw would be made in August but then changed it to early September. I haven't heard a thing.

sparkey
20/09/2005, 12:56 PM
I have a 3 bedroom semi in a housing estate in Leixlip exactly 8 miles to the front gate of the K Club and was offered €5,000 for two weeks rental about two months ago by this irish based agent (http://www.tourismresources.ie/cht/ryder_cup/) . Check out the types of houses and the prices offered by clicking on each houses link. Up to €70,000 for two weeks rental.

Dublin12
20/09/2005, 1:01 PM
Rip off Ireland :mad:

Macy
20/09/2005, 1:41 PM
I have a four bed house very convenient for the ryder cup. Druids Glen only 10 minutes away, so no problem getting to the golf. €80,000 ono .......... ;)

pete
20/09/2005, 1:42 PM
IMO accomdation Ryder Cup is fair game. People could easily stay in hotel cheaper.

Peadar
20/09/2005, 1:44 PM
People could easily stay in hotel cheaper.

Pete, you'll be hard pushed to get a hotel in the greater Dublin area next summer. Even the Saturday night before the Hurling Final a few weeks ago had Dublin totally booked up.

pete
20/09/2005, 1:56 PM
Pete, you'll be hard pushed to get a hotel in the greater Dublin area next summer. Even the Saturday night before the Hurling Final a few weeks ago had Dublin totally booked up.

I don't disagree with you but I don't see anything wrong with someone renting out house to highest bidder especially when they approached by agents.