im waiting to hear 1 of the following

"we were unlucky"
"sligo were too physcial"
"the goals were against the run of play"
"i was only helping the sheep over the fence"
"the guy that looked at me during half time scared me into defeat"
"i love you mr osam"
"the away fans were great...kilkenny till i die was ringing throughout"

pat scully....kilkenny person of year 2005...

ThatGuy
19/09/2005, 10:38 AM
No matter how much of an idiot you all try and make him out to be, he is the Eircom League manager of the year IMO.

Dyl10
19/09/2005, 11:05 AM
next to stephan kenny i beleive

carrickharp
19/09/2005, 12:59 PM
Looking forward to the show this week for a change :)

Rory H
19/09/2005, 2:33 PM
:rolleyes:

im proud of ye :)

we have to wait till the very end,they i can laugh all the way to have a ****....

gustavo
19/09/2005, 2:43 PM
its only banter! most rovers fans would respect him as a manager he has done a great job

Conor H
19/09/2005, 2:49 PM
cant wait to see scully tonight on tv3

im waiting to hear 1 of the following

"we were unlucky"
"sligo were too physcial"
"the goals were against the run of play"
"the guy that looked at me during half time scared me into defeat"
"i love you mr osam"
"the away fans were great...kilkenny till i die was ringing throughout"

pat scully....kilkenny person of year 2005...
Why didn't you post this on the Sligo forum. :confused:

The Stars
19/09/2005, 3:58 PM
Cos it is relevant to all eircom league fans,thats why

superfrank
19/09/2005, 4:03 PM
Dublin lads aren't into that kind of thing.......they prefer dogs. :D ;)

The Stars
19/09/2005, 4:08 PM
But sure Pat is now a kilkenny man

Conor H
19/09/2005, 7:54 PM
Cos it is relevant to all eircom league fans,thats why
How? :confused:

joeraki
19/09/2005, 7:59 PM
Bet all your hopes and dreams are shattered and they don't show it

The Stars
20/09/2005, 7:40 AM
well,they did show it but dont think Pat was in the mood to talk about it.

thejollyrodger
20/09/2005, 8:27 AM
good show last night... seeing all the goals again in the Shels game was great.

Rory H
20/09/2005, 9:25 AM
he ignored us,because he could see by the footage we outclassed him :)

carrickharp
20/09/2005, 9:34 AM
Seen the highlights of the Bohs v Derry match fell asleep :( and woke up a while latter to the horror of Will & Grace :eek:

sligoman
20/09/2005, 9:51 AM
How? :confused: :rolleyes:, Give it up Conor, just cos ye dont send in coverage of Galway games ye want to criticise us. Such a WUM :mad:

superfrank
20/09/2005, 3:07 PM
I meant to tape it but forgot to activate the timer!!! :mad:

I am raging. Especially after my friend couldn't relay the details to me!! I saw Jayo's goal the other night so at least I didn't miss that!

He is the best forward in the league by a country mile.

This (http://www.bohemians.ie/scorers.htm) just backs it up. ;)

pete
21/09/2005, 11:45 AM
He is the best forward in the league by a country mile.

I disagree. He boosts his scoring numbers why scoring hatfuls against the worst teams. He chokes in Europe & when he misses a couiple of chances he drops his head too much.

higgins
21/09/2005, 12:10 PM
and Pete can you tell us who is knocking in goals for fun in Europe if its not Jason Byrne???

I seem to recall him getting 5 goals in 4 games this season in the Champions League.

oh and who told you about the Shels Bohs groundsharing thing?? I dont seem to reply to the other thread. :confused:

The Stars
21/09/2005, 12:37 PM
Paul McTeirnan is the best stricker in the Country and you will see it next season if not sooner against Cork.top scorer in the cup.

pete
21/09/2005, 12:46 PM
I seem to recall him getting 5 goals in 4 games this season in the Champions League.

That was only Glentoran - more like out of season Setanta CUp qualifier.

oh and who told you about the Shels Bohs groundsharing thing?? I dont seem to reply to the other thread. :confused:

A Bohs fan who thinks they regularily get 3000 at Dalymount this season so maybe not to be trusted ;) I've heard other people here relay what details I heard but didn't post though...

coislaoi
21/09/2005, 1:35 PM
Paul McTeirnan is the best stricker in the Country and you will see it next season if not sooner against Cork.top scorer in the cup.

In fairness you can't say McTiernan is the best striker in the country when he plays in the first division. Jason Byrne is currently the best striker in the league. When Sligo are promoted, we'll all see what he does next year (if another club doesn't sign him). :eek: :eek:

Red4Eva
21/09/2005, 2:49 PM
i wudn't day mct is best in country but he could be in a while.

The Stars
21/09/2005, 3:04 PM
well that may be so but no one can say Faz isnt the best left winger in the country.

Red4Eva
21/09/2005, 3:10 PM
well that may be so but no one can say Faz isnt the best left winger in the country.

well however good they are I think a good few of our players could give cork a serious fright...mct,faz,raf,kaps,burns(not for his footballing ability)

Speranza
21/09/2005, 3:13 PM
Yeah we can because you play in the first division which is despite your delusions of granduer a tier below Premier. You are starting to sound like Ha**s last year "Mc Hugh is God" e.t.c. Faz is not in the same league as Kearney, Mc Court, Mc Glynn e.t.c

Colm
21/09/2005, 3:50 PM

Are you seriously trying to say he might be as good as the likes of Kearney & co??!!

You Sligo fans are funny!

superfrank
21/09/2005, 4:00 PM
I disagree. He boosts his scoring numbers why scoring hatfuls against the worst teams. He chokes in Europe & when he misses a couiple of chances he drops his head too much.5 goals in 4 Euro games thi season. And Glentoran would be alot better then mopst of the teams in our league and Steaua are a lot better then any team in this league so you're point is ridiculous.

Red4Eva
22/09/2005, 1:23 PM
Yeah we can because you play in the first division which is despite your delusions of granduer a tier below Premier. You are starting to sound like Ha**s last year "Mc Hugh is God" e.t.c. Faz is not in the same league as Kearney, Mc Court, Mc Glynn e.t.c

In fairness though, the best players in the 1st division of past few season who've got into da prem have done very well: mchugh, zayed&murphy. faz hasn't played in the prem yet so we can't say he's the best but i think he'll make an impact next year

The Stars
22/09/2005, 1:42 PM
Are you seriously trying to say he might be as good as the likes of Kearney & co??!!

You Sligo fans are funny!
Yes I am and you just wait till tomorrow and you will see what I mean.
BTW Kearney wont get a sniff of the ball with Kaps marking him.

Red4Eva
22/09/2005, 2:02 PM
Yes I am and you just wait till tomorrow and you will see what I mean.
BTW Kearney wont get a sniff of the ball with Kaps marking him.

even though i wouldn't go as far as sayin mct&faz are best in country, i have to say i genuinely think kaps is one of the best, if not the best, left backs in the country

Slash/ED
22/09/2005, 2:29 PM
I disagree. He boosts his scoring numbers why scoring hatfuls against the worst teams. He chokes in Europe & when he misses a couiple of chances he drops his head too much.

That time he choked and set a record for most goals in a European camapign by an EL player, that was embarassing alright.

Roverstillidie
22/09/2005, 2:58 PM
reading the ****e posted here by the bog rovers nearly makes me want cork to win. nearly.
best this, best that. what utter bol locks.

The Stars
22/09/2005, 3:11 PM
watch the match tomorrow and you will realise why we are making such a fuss about these players

Conor H
22/09/2005, 3:48 PM
Of course people could.He plays in the 1st Division.What about Liam Kearney for Cork...who play in Europe.I'm sure there are others in the premier better aswell. :rolleyes:

ThatGuy
22/09/2005, 4:01 PM
Whether you like to hear this or not, Division 1 is rubbish. No matter what any player does there, they can't be considered as being the best in the league in their position if they are playing in a poor league, alongside poor players and against poor players.

To claim that a player is the best in their position then they would want to have proven something. In my opinion the best strikers in the league are (unfortunately) both playing for Shelbourne, Byrne and Crowe. While Crowe isn't having a great season by his own extremely high standards, form is temporary and class is permanent. The guy is a class act through and through.

For what it's worth:
Best 'Keeper: Devine (Cork)
Best full-back: Heary (Shels)
Best centre-half: Oman (Bohs)
Best winger: Kearney (Cork) or O'Houlihan (Shels). I think that JPK will prove himself to be the best winger in time.
Best Mid: Not much separates O'Callaghan(Cork), Hunt (Bohs) and Farrelly (Bohs)
Best Forward: Glen Crowe (Shels)

The Stars
22/09/2005, 4:08 PM
Just because you play in a lower division or for a lesser team doesnt mean you cant be the best.Obviosly because of the lack of media coverage and the 10 seconds of highlights we get on TV3,people dont get to see the quility players we have.If Faz is still playing for us in the Premier next season and he is playing the same for us then as he is now,and by the end of the season he is voted best left winger,does that mean that he suddenly came good just because he has more media attention?

ThatGuy
22/09/2005, 4:11 PM
The next Ronaldinho may well be playing in Division 1 (he isn't ;) ) but unless he is playing in the Premier then you simply can't declare that he is the best in the country.

He is unproven at the level that you want him to be measured by, no matter how good you think he is.

And to answer your question, if Sligo get promoted then whoever you are talking about will not suddenly be the best in the league. He will have to prove himself in the Premier Division, what he accomplishes in Div 1 counts for little.

The Stars
22/09/2005, 4:19 PM
ok. My opinion is Faz is the best left winger in the country.If you dont agree thats fine.Its just my opinion.But please watch the match tomorrow to see why im of this opinion.His proper name is Fahrudin Kudozvic.He will be playing left wing(obviously).It will gve ye a taste of what is to come next season(hopeully).Remember TG4.

Schumi
22/09/2005, 4:23 PM
Were these 'best in the league' players playing for Sligo last year?

The Stars
22/09/2005, 4:36 PM
Raf was(small right back,well right midfield last season) and of course St Paul(striker) but Faz and Kaps werent.

Slash/ED
22/09/2005, 6:14 PM
I seem to remember Finn Harps fans calling McHugh one of the countrys best strikers too.

Best left winger in the country :D

In this league you've players like Kearney and Hoolahan, both stars for the Irish U21 side (Wes got nominated for their player of the year, in fact) Hoolahan has been in a full Ireland squad. Kearney destroyed durgardens earlier this season, Hoolahan had Deportivo sub someone on with the sole intention of man marking him he was playing so well, and you're saying this guy is the best left winger in the country!? :D

And that's only two of them, there's plenty more.

Roverstillidie
24/09/2005, 9:51 AM
watch the match tomorrow and you will realise why we are making such a fuss about these players

:D

i love it when people post such nonsense!

seriously, watching sligo was like watching the brazil 1970 side.

petrified for next season

Rory H
24/09/2005, 9:57 AM
:D

i love it when people post such nonsense!

seriously, watching sligo was like watching the brazil 1970 side.

petrified for next season

raf cretaro was class...he didnt put a foot wrong...he just gave a way a penalty...which was a bit harsh

faz played centre midfield and thats not his position...

you should be petrified for next season alright :rolleyes: ....you'll be in the 1st division saying that one of your players is the best in the country :)

The Stars
24/09/2005, 5:21 PM
Well,maybe Shams wont be in the first division but they will get a bad beating by rovers next season.