PDA

View Full Version : Sean óG approached by Sinn Fein

Pablo
19/09/2005, 8:28 AM
just hearing on Radion he's been approached to stand for election!

carrickharp
19/09/2005, 8:33 AM
Is that because he is handy with a Hurley stick?

Pablo
19/09/2005, 8:36 AM
Is that because he is handy with a Hurley stick?
Indeed!

his popularity would mean he's be a banker.

intelligent guy to be fair

Macy
19/09/2005, 8:45 AM
his popularity would mean he's be a banker.
boom boom

intelligent guy to be fair
He doesn't come across well though in interviews imo.

Surprised the sinners go in for celebrity candidates tbh, although the way it works with the thick irish electorate probably isn't surprising....

Pablo
19/09/2005, 9:03 AM
boom boom

He doesn't come across well though in interviews imo.

Surprised the sinners go in for celebrity candidates tbh, although the way it works with the thick irish electorate probably isn't surprising....

its the Arnie Shwarzeneggar(sp.) syndrome. i wouldnt vote for him myself but its an interesting developement!

Macy
19/09/2005, 10:22 AM
its the Arnie Shwarzeneggar(sp.) syndrome. i wouldnt vote for him myself but its an interesting developement!
Look at that cúnt Parlon - only decided which of 3 parties he'd actually run for just before the election based on what they'd offer him, so obviously a very principled decision :rolleyes: . And still gets elected easy enough. The only people to blame for this are the electorate.

And "we" take the píss out of the yanks?????

Pablo
19/09/2005, 11:04 AM
Look at that cúnt Parlon - only decided which of 3 parties he'd actually run for just before the election based on what they'd offer him, so obviously a very principled decision :rolleyes: . And still gets elected easy enough. The only people to blame for this are the electorate.

Sean Og for taoseach! Rebels Abú!

razor
19/09/2005, 11:58 AM
intelligent guy to be fairof course, he turned them down

Pablo
19/09/2005, 1:51 PM
of course, he turned them down

not suprised really. its a pure publicity stunt imo

pete
19/09/2005, 4:42 PM
Hard to know what SF sporting allegiances are. I remmeber when some sort of riots or whatever in Belfast a couple of months back Jerry Kelly (think that his name) was wearing a South Africa rugby jersey - thought a strange choice of clothing...

Partizan
19/09/2005, 8:25 PM
With all the adverse publicity that PSF have been recieving of late (Northern Bank Robbery, dodgy Bulgarian land deals a la Phil Flynn, the murders of Colm Rafferty and Robert McCartney, Colombia 3, luvey duvey with narco terrorists FARC and involvement in organised crime), it is hardly surprising that the Provos are scanning potential sqweaky clean high profile persons in a bid to make PSF more 'acceptable' to the public.

Mr O hAlpin has restored my faith in young intelligent and educated people everywhere in not to associate himself with murdering scum like these.

Who the fvck does Adams think we are?

Partizan
19/09/2005, 8:28 PM

I know, we elected Martin Cullen ffs. :eek:

gspain
20/09/2005, 8:13 AM
With all the adverse publicity that PSF have been recieving of late (Northern Bank Robbery, dodgy Bulgarian land deals a la Phil Flynn, the murders of Colm Rafferty and Robert McCartney, Colombia 3, luvey duvey with narco terrorists FARC and involvement in organised crime), it is hardly surprising that the Provos are scanning potential sqweaky clean high profile persons in a bid to make PSF more 'acceptable' to the public.

Mr O hAlpin has restored my faith in young intelligent and educated people everywhere in not to associate himself with murdering scum like these.

Who the fvck does Adams think we are?

The star player on the Tyrone team Peter Canavan is a prominent SF/IRA supporter. He appeared on their election literature (indeed they used the GAA and Tyrone logos without permission and without public censure) and he also brought the cup for use in a photo op with Joe Cahill the last time Tyrone won it.

Superhoops
20/09/2005, 8:22 PM
Reckon he is a Fianna Fail man myself but is far too honest to get involved with the brown envelope brigade. Not sure which is worse SF or FF!