PDA

View Full Version : Defence the only winner in Longford

A face
18/09/2005, 10:38 PM
Defence the only winner in Longford

Longford Town 0 Cork City 0

Cork City moved back to the top of the Premier Division table, but only on goal difference ahead of Derry City after Longford once again frustrated the Leesiders.

It was no surprise the game ended scoreless in this clash of the two meanest defences in the league.

Read more at www.breakingnews.ie (http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=10185688&p=yxy85734&n=10185776&x=)

A face
18/09/2005, 10:41 PM
Longford hold Cork at Flancare Park

Damien Richardson returned to the Cork City dug-out in Flancare Park tonight but his side had to settle for a point in a 0-0 draw with a dogged Longford outfit.

The visitors could have hit the front as early as the seventh minute. Joe Gamble's excellent through-ball allowed John O'Flynn to steal in behind the home defence. His shot, however, was well saved by Shay Kelly.

Read more at www.rte.ie (http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/0918/longford.html)

patsh
19/09/2005, 7:59 AM
Some surprise...:rolleyes:

When the "manager" of the home team states that his ambition for this game was to stop the opposition scoring, what else can you expect.
Did any longford players actually get into the City half during the game?

joeSoap
19/09/2005, 8:24 AM

When the "manager" of the home team states that his ambition for this game was to stop the opposition scoring, what else can you expect.
Did any longford players actually get into the City half during the game?Again...as I said in another post, it should be the priority of most mid table amangers to prevent the opposition from scoring, surely?? :confused:

You seem to have a personal problem with Alan Matthews....anything to do with the fact that he's won quite a bit of silverware lately, as compared to some?? :rolleyes:

Peadar
19/09/2005, 8:28 AM
It was no surprise the game ended scoreless in this clash of the two meanest defences in the league.

We were the top scorers in the League but no chance Longball Town were ever going to make a game of it. Bloody typical! :rolleyes:

fosterdollar
19/09/2005, 8:38 AM

Cork may have won the first half but it was put up to you in the second half with lots of play in the Cork half. As usual, our last third was brutal and way below the standard of the rest of the team - Dessie, despite all his shoving and pushing into his man, never looks like he is actually going to get possession or even that he wants it anyway; Keego is a workhorse (cliché :rolleyes: ) but not up to par sadly.
Kirby had a great game and stood out well above many on the field. Deano's rocket shots were a terrible waste where at least Kirby made a nice one on the near post. He may have taken a little too much out of it though. Kelly played well but had one or two shaky moments (punching instead of catching, etc...)
Funny enough, i thought the end result of the match was not unlike that of Cork on Thursday night. We were unlucky in places but we were also very lucky in others, no denying it. Still, at least we got a point out of it. Nay bad against the (now) league leaders.

patsh
19/09/2005, 8:57 AM
You seem to have a personal problem with Alan Matthews....anything to do with the fact that he's won quite a bit of silverware lately, as compared to some?? :rolleyes:
Shouldn't you be off somewhere with Noel O'Connor working through your personal problems over the sacking of Dolan?:rolleyes:

Wiseguy
19/09/2005, 9:02 AM
We were the top scorers in the League but no chance Longball Town were ever going to make a game of it. Bloody typical! :rolleyes:
I think it is safe to assume both you and that other idiot patsh were not at the game so both of you are in no position to comment about the game,the tactics that Alan deployed against Cork on the night or the fact that it is now over 300 minutes since the "best team in the league" has scored against us.BTW having seen both yourselves and Derry, Derry are a much better side.

patsh
19/09/2005, 9:47 AM
I think it is safe to assume both you and that other idiot patsh were not at the game so both of you are in no position to comment about the game,the tactics that Alan deployed against Cork on the night or the fact that it is now over 300 minutes since the "best team in the league" has scored against us.BTW having seen both yourselves and Derry, Derry are a much better side.
Well idiot boy, never make assumptions. They have a habit of clearly showing just what an idiot you are.

Wiseguy
19/09/2005, 10:05 AM
Well idiot boy, never make assumptions. They have a habit of clearly showing just what an idiot you are.

Why don't you read post no.3,it's yours with a statement that looks like a question without the question mark.Now if you had been at the game you would be able to make some kind of comment on the game other than the assumption which you always come up with.Yes we did get out of our half FYI.Now if you were at the game you would have known that.
So were you at the game?

patsh
19/09/2005, 10:35 AM
Why don't you read post no.3,it's yours with a statement that looks like a question without the question mark.Now if you had been at the game you would be able to make some kind of comment on the game other than the assumption which you always come up with.Yes we did get out of our half FYI.Now if you were at the game you would have known that.
So were you at the game?
1. How does post number 3 show that I was not at the game?
2. What assumptions have I "always come up with" ?
3. Besides the Kirby chance and Greg's mistake, what real other attempts on goal did Longford have?
4. I'll let you continue on with your assumptions, it's more fun that way.

Wiseguy
19/09/2005, 11:17 AM

Read the 3rd sentence,now to me that implies that you were not at the game.Also,Dean Fitzgerald's 2 chances should have yielded more and the assumptions that you are always implying are the 10 men behind the ball humping it long crap.Now i think it is safe to say you don't go to every Town match so you wouldn't know how we play in every game.
So were you at the match in Flancare last night?

patsh
19/09/2005, 11:26 AM
You assume I wasn't at the game last night.
In another thread, you assume that I don't go to many City games.

You carry on with your assumptions and your implications.
I'll deal with realities.

Wiseguy
19/09/2005, 11:43 AM
I assume you weren't at the game because you haven't told me you were and i implied that you don't go to all the city games which you haven't denied either.
The easiest way to clear this up is to answer the following questions,
Were you in Flancare Park last night?
Do you go to every Cork City game?

patsh
19/09/2005, 11:54 AM
I assume you weren't at the game because you haven't told me you were and i implied that you don't go to all the city games which you haven't denied either.
The easiest way to clear this up is to answer the following questions,
Were you in Flancare Park last night?
Do you go to every Cork City game?

Read my post:

You carry on with your assumptions and your implications.
I'll deal with realities.

And of course post about anything except the subject at hand, its always best to draw attention away from the small-time attitude of Matthews.

Wiseguy
19/09/2005, 11:56 AM
Why don't you answer the questions?They're not that difficult and a simple yes or no will suffice.