PDA

View Full Version : The Shed End - RIP

razor
23/04/2002, 2:02 PM
Has any one heard any rumours circulating about The Shed being knocked.
First I have heard of it and it could be happening as soon as next week.
:mad:

wiseman
23/04/2002, 2:13 PM
Haven't heard anything.
But if the summer league is to better our chances in Europe then it has to go to meet EUFA requirements.
Hopefully they will extend it right across the width of the pitch and put toilets there. maybe even a club shop as you cannot access the shop from the shed end during a game.In fact a Club shop with access from the street would be ideal.And assuming they are rebuilding..how about a poster site to advertise City's 'next home game'. Wow wouldn't that be lovely.
How about a proper ticket window.The barna's do the biz but...
Then again it could just be the MFA acting the eejit

Pablo
23/04/2002, 2:35 PM
i heard that too. its been in the MFA's plans all along. I agree they should extend it, but i imagine a derrynane road type covered stand is on the cards...

Troy.McClure
23/04/2002, 2:44 PM
Id rather they cover the Derrynane end first of all. It would be a bit pointless taking away a covered section before another one was built. There would be next to no covered seats except for the season ticket holders & VIPs.

Pablo
23/04/2002, 2:47 PM
i'd say its a while away yet though

Troy.McClure
23/04/2002, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
i'd say its a while away yet though

Why, dont you trust the MFA when they say they will do ground developments? Sure look how quickly they got the flood lights up! ;)

wiseman
23/04/2002, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Id rather they cover the Derrynane end first of all. There would be next to no covered seats except for the season ticket holders & VIPs.
Derrynane is covered..St Anne's is not
Not all seating is STH or VIP but you are right. Finish one job properly before starting the next, or do the MFA know something about the weather on Fri. nights for the summer. Could it be clear skies for all City matches.Oh Yippee :D :D

Troy.McClure
23/04/2002, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by wiseman

Derrynane is covered..St Anne's is not

Sorry, I keep getting them mixed up.

Colm
23/04/2002, 3:20 PM
I dont know about the rest of you but I actually enjoy standing in the shed. If I wanted to sit down I would go to the Derrynane/ St. Annes end. I feel I should continue to have that choice, I dont particularly want to sit down. It could also be detremental to the atmospere.

That said, if they were to extend it all the way across it might look good.

Troy.McClure
23/04/2002, 3:32 PM
Id MUCH rather a propper sound system like Bohs have, Im soooooooo envious of it :mad:

patsh
23/04/2002, 3:53 PM
Originally posted by COLM
I dont know about the rest of you but I actually enjoy standing in the shed. If I wanted to sit down I would go to the Derrynane/ St. Annes end.
Agree with you there COLM..:eek: (hard to believe, eh!)
I much prefer standing at a match, and do not want to have to sit down...:)

niamh
24/04/2002, 9:21 AM
I think the days of having to sit down are far in the distance if at all, and it's something no one needs to worry about. But they should fix other things in the Cross before knocking the Shed.

We like our Shed!!

City Fan
24/04/2002, 9:31 AM
I immensely enjoy standing in the Shed but, times are changing and if it must be seated then so be it. The idea is fine as long as its extended across the width of the pitch.
Maybe us hardcore Sheddies could do what fans in England (no abuse now) do and stand regardless.

Éanna
24/04/2002, 12:47 PM
I HATE sitting at matches. It wrecks the athmosphere- maybe we could get UEFA exemption on the grounds that we'd freeze if we sat down! Seriuosly though, this thing of all seater stadia is bo!!ox, it's killed the athmosphere everywhere. Real Madrid are reconverting part of the bernabeu where their Ultra Sur (facist scum I know) - the most vocal fans- go. They're putting in fold-down seats which will only be in use for European games, all other games it'll be like a terrace. They should put seats on either side of the shed and leave it there- they can always close it if needs be.

pete
24/04/2002, 2:16 PM
I think theres a few other things to fix first before knocking the shed too - cover st annes, proper PA etc...

I think in a year or two when proper financing in place they should completely knock the shed end & the club shop/old dressing rooms. Put in proper stand of around 3k with offices, shops, ticket office & maybe a function room/bar underneath.

An allseater doesn't IMO take from the atmosphere as can still have an area for the hard core support who can all just stand if they choose anyway.

Dricky
24/04/2002, 3:31 PM
The shed was great because it was intimidating as the pitch is close If the stand is now going to be right across the goal end and the same distance from the pitch it could still be cauldron of noise well maybe not a cauldron but a pot of noise. Although not seated richmond park that crowd can be literally on the keeper’s back. The X can have better.

the shed is dead....... long live the shed!!

Troy.McClure
24/04/2002, 6:39 PM
Originally posted by pete
An allseater doesn't IMO take from the atmosphere as can still have an area for the hard core support who can all just stand if they choose anyway.

Ya just look at the Shels fans ;)

Seriously, I think you're right Pete. Bohz have their section to the left of their main stand, and they can creat one hell of a racket when they want! Alot has to depend on how high the roof would be. The lower the better.

Éanna
25/04/2002, 9:31 AM
I dunno, it's not as easy to "fcukin mental" after a goal when you're gonna trip over seats!

City Fan
25/04/2002, 9:42 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
I dunno, it's not as easy to "fcukin mental" after a goal when you're gonna trip over seats!

Too right. But, were only the paying customers, what we think doesn't matter a damn to the club, League, UEFA etc. We'll just have to come up with a few new songs/chants.

Murphy Out Now!!

Troy.McClure
25/04/2002, 3:17 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

That didnt stop the Derry fans at their last league match in Dayler this year. So much so, one of them actually went over a row or 2 of seats and F-ed up his back! Very amusing to watch, but its not something Id want to do myself :D

When I was at the PSG match earlier this year, what the fans did was, all linked up by holding each others shoulders and 'Can-can-ed' accross the rows of seats, with each row going a different way, and was one of the coolest things I have ever seen at a football match. Absolutly 5-star!

Colm
26/04/2002, 5:26 PM
They should concentrate on covering the St. Annes end for the moment.

Let the shed alone. There are already enough seats for those who want to sit down, dont force those who like standing to sit down.

Its obvious most fans are happy with the shed as it is. I think it would be a very bad move to knock the shed. The club has already alienated enough supporters.

SAVE THE SHED