PDA

View Full Version : Cyprus Tickets

sandra
18/09/2005, 3:56 PM
Has anyone any news on tickets for the Cyprus tickets from the FAI? Tried to contact them but finding it hard to gets tickets. They were supposed to be putting in for extra allocation but have heard nothing. There are 14 of us travelling....anyone know where would be best to try get tickets?

keenanboy
18/09/2005, 4:31 PM
apparently they got 7500 tickets in total and these are all now gone. You'll be sorted over there though, the stadium holds 23,000 and the average gate for a cyprus game is 2,900, so there should be enough to go round

Saint Tom
18/09/2005, 5:00 PM
to be honest Sandra, there will be no problem getting tickets over there. four of us travelling and none of us have tickets.. so not to panic just yet

ccfcgirl
18/09/2005, 6:52 PM
6 of us travelling with no tickets we are getting them in the pubs over there.

Sligo Hornet
19/09/2005, 12:14 PM
6 of us travelling with no tickets we are getting them in the pubs over there.

Which Pubs ?? How much are the tickets?? Do you 'Book' them in advance?? :confused:

magic moments
19/09/2005, 12:38 PM
Most pubs will have tickets for the game and they will be a lot cheaper than the FAI!!

onenilgameover
19/09/2005, 12:47 PM
Have the fai sent out the tickets to those who got offered them?

Dont trust them fuppers..........dont know what they're doin in there.

Superhoops
21/09/2005, 6:34 PM
Have the fai sent out the tickets to those who got offered them?
Has anybody got theirs yet?
Heard that the FAI havent even got them from Cyprus yet.

onenilgameover
21/09/2005, 9:40 PM
Has anybody got theirs yet?
Heard that the FAI havent even got them from Cyprus yet.

Was talking to Mary in there they got them Tuesday evening and are processing now. They should be out by mon, tues next week...

NeilMcD
22/09/2005, 9:55 AM
People get into a panic very easily. For the last few away games the tickets have arrive the week before the game.

Superhoops
22/09/2005, 6:59 PM
People get into a panic very easily. For the last few away games the tickets have arrive the week before the game.
Because our game against the Swiss game is on the Wednesday following the Cyprus game, many people have planned to spend the week before the game in Cyprus, a fact that has been known to both the Cypriots and the FAI for months and months.

The date of this game has been fixed for over 18 months, but here we are only two weeks away and tickets have still not been distributed.

Panic, no! but ****ed off with the lack of urgency, yes!

onenilgameover
22/09/2005, 10:15 PM
Because our game against the Swiss game is on the Wednesday following the Cyprus game, many people have planned to spend the week before the game in Cyprus, a fact that has been known to both the Cypriots and the FAI for months and months.

The date of this game has been fixed for over 18 months, but here we are only two weeks away and tickets have still not been distributed.

Panic, no! but ****ed off with the lack of urgency, yes!

To be honest...I have to agree with ye in a way hoops. I got a call from them today. My credit card wouldn't go throw for the tickets. I hadn't realised the situation so I quickly lashed some money on. They will take for the tickets on Monday. But seen as I off on the next Sunday it only leaves 5 days for any mess ups like that one to sort out. Far too casual for me. Still i won't be complaining when I'm sipping cocktails on a beach. (not long now)

NeilMcD
23/09/2005, 10:02 AM
Tickets arrived today thats a full 2 weeks before the game, thats as good as you can get I think. The FAI only got them last week so I think they did a quick turn around on them to be honest. If anybody is at fault its the Cypriot FA maybe. Also it does say its the supporters responsibility to have their credit card in order etc so the FAI cant be blamed for that.

onenilgameover
23/09/2005, 2:09 PM
I realise its the Cypriot Fa fault for the delay...and for all we know the Fai could have been puttin pressure on them to get the tickets here faster. Look stuff like that with the credit card happens to everyone which is the point. If it had of been any tighter with time things might have got messy and theres seemingly no need for that. Doesnt matter now anyhoo...

NeilMcD
23/09/2005, 2:27 PM
Well I always check my credit card esp when tickets are the issue. You can hardly have a pop at the FAI when they haev got the tickets 2 weeks out in advance and the only errort that was made in the whole situation was by yourself. Stones and glass houses me thinks

Ash
23/09/2005, 2:35 PM
My tickets arrived in the post today

deego11
27/09/2005, 12:20 PM
Has anyone any news on tickets for the Cyprus tickets from the FAI? Tried to contact them but finding it hard to gets tickets. They were supposed to be putting in for extra allocation but have heard nothing. There are 14 of us travelling....anyone know where would be best to try get tickets?

If u mail this lady susannah at our car hire place she has tickets available info@cyprus-car-hire.com and you can reserve them.

AidoM
28/09/2005, 5:13 PM
;) I am a block booker but for a number of reasons didn't get in on time to make application for Cyprus tickets. However, match tickets are part of our packgage (I hope).
The FAI put me on a waiting list if they got extra tickets but hadn't heard anything until today.

But here's the good news!!!!!!!!!!!

I was on to the FAI this evening to see if any extra tickets had become available and if I could get them (to be sure to be sure!) They said that they had not received any additional tickets from Cypriot FA but

wait for it !!!!!!!!

The Cypriot FA had told them that they would be putting about 5000 tickets on sale from the stadium from tomorrow.

As most people are probably heading out next week, hopefully they will still be available

Athenryboy
29/09/2005, 8:11 AM
Hey,
The Cyprus FA emailed me yesterday informing me that 4500 tickets were going on sale today for Irish Fans at the stadium, so hopefully there will be a few available when we get ther next week :ball:

pegan
29/09/2005, 1:16 PM
...just a quick question on tickets...somewhere between FAI headquarters and Sligo, my tickets have gone awal...any one with decent spare ticket in the Irish section? pleasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I contacted FAI but as its an away match its outside their control...

...and me from Ballymote, home of the founder of Glasgow Celtic!!!

:mad:

AidoM
29/09/2005, 6:12 PM
...just a quick question on tickets...somewhere between FAI headquarters and Sligo, my tickets have gone awal...any one with decent spare ticket in the Irish section? pleasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I contacted FAI but as its an away match its outside their control...

...and me from Ballymote, home of the founder of Glasgow Celtic!!!

:mad:

:cool: Pegan,

See postings above about tickets being made available by cypriot FA. It might mean that you'll have to pay on the double but that's the price you pay for following the Boys in Green!!

I wouldn't worry about being in an Irish Section because I don't think there will be a Cypriot section

Athenryboy
30/09/2005, 8:41 AM
12 Cyp Pounds was the price i was quoted from the FA, available at the stadium apart from this weekend as there are league matches on there.

The pubs in Aya Napia are charging around 30CYP each, so buyers beware!!

holteender
30/09/2005, 12:26 PM
12 Cyp Pounds was the price i was quoted from the FA, available at the stadium apart from this weekend as there are league matches on there.

The pubs in Aya Napia are charging around 30CYP each, so buyers beware!!

Depends on how much it costs to get from Napa to Nicosia I suppose.... Hate to give money to any kind of tout but needs must?

Athenryboy
30/09/2005, 1:24 PM
10 Cyp Luke Kellys are charging for the bus tickets, not sure if you hav to buy a match ticket to get on the bus, but im sure we'll manage to get on a bus anyway!

holteender
30/09/2005, 1:51 PM
I meant you need to get to Nicosia a few days before the match to buy the tickets... Gonna cost you a fair whack I'd say... :confused: