PDA

View Full Version : Keane to make Champions League return

Pablo
23/04/2002, 1:50 PM
Keane to make Champions League return

By Paul Doyle

23/04/02: Ireland captain Roy Keane has recovered from his hamstring injury in record time, according to reports in Britain, and is ready to make his comeback for club and country.

Keane damaged his hamstring three weeks ago, sparking fears he may miss out on the World Cup, but after cruising through two training sessions the inspirational Corkman is now reported to be fit enough to take a place on the bench for Manchester United's Champions League semi-final clash with Bayer Leverkusen tomorrow.

English media claim that Keane will only be deployed at Old Trafford tomorrow if United in an emergency, but that he will definitely start next week's return leg in Germany.

ireland.com

Pablo
23/04/2002, 1:50 PM
I dont like the look of that to be honest. Lets hope he hasnr rushed back to soon....if he gets a setback, then Ireland could loose him for the world cup....which would be a disaster

Éanna
23/04/2002, 2:03 PM
No Keane at the world cup, means no points at the world cup I'd say. Hope he's gets fit:(

Pablo
23/04/2002, 2:10 PM
well he will be fit if he does'ne rush back. thats my point.

sorry but Man U can FCUK OFF......he shouls rest longer than this

joe
23/04/2002, 6:29 PM
apparently he's been locked in an oxygen cylinder for the last few days :D

Neil
23/04/2002, 6:48 PM
Originally posted by joe
apparently he's been locked in an oxygen cylinder for the last few days :D
along with Beckham's ****in foot!

City Fan
24/04/2002, 10:48 AM
While I hope keano gets fit, I'm not so sure he should play in Uniteds CL 2nd leg as is being reported. He should probably settle for making the last warm up game against Nigeria, stay injury free and play for us in the World Cup. After all, without him in the World Cup we're f***ed with a capital 'F'.

Éanna
24/04/2002, 2:15 PM
I think he should wait another fortnight before he plays- he gets a recurrence and Ireland are totally screwed.