PDA

View Full Version : sligo rovers vrs cork city:predictions etc

Pages : [1] 2

Rory H
18/09/2005, 11:37 AM
i know its early but you know you want to talk about it

i think we can win.....then again pat scully looked at me yesterday so my confidence is sky high :)

look at mc tiernans performence yesterday...not just the 2 goals[ i think he got the 1st 1 too]....he is really sharp and a tired cork defence will struggle vrs him i think

o hara[if he is playing] can keep us in any game...so can banana

faz is quality,he prefers playing against the best,these are the best in ireland

raf,we know what he can do,the kearney raf battle will be class!!

o grady can lead

burnsy and michael mc can control o flynn

yes it may sound a bit far fetched but we are in the draw on merit,we are the best team in our division and.....well thats it

"if you dont believe you dont deserve to be there".....i bet someone said that once

prediction......2-0....to rovers.....ya i said it :D mc t and faz will finally score.... :) :rolleyes:

The Stars
18/09/2005, 11:40 AM
Hope your right but I think it will be 1-1...of course McT will get it.
replay in the showgrounds and us to win 3-0 in the replay.

Rory H
18/09/2005, 11:42 AM
Hope your right but I think it will be 1-1...of course McT will get it.
replay in the showgrounds and us to win 3-0 in the replay.

pat scully must have looked at you too :)

The Stars
18/09/2005, 11:43 AM
No but he did look at someone I know so it must be contaguse or something.

Rory H
18/09/2005, 11:54 AM
it like that time mother threasa came to sligo....i have scully with me forever now :)

Da Real Rover
18/09/2005, 12:24 PM
2-2 in the x and 3-2 in the showgies with a goal in extra time for da wowvus.

Redtop
18/09/2005, 1:43 PM
1-0 rovers o grady to score against his old club and raf to get man of the match ;) :cool: ;)

Redtop
18/09/2005, 2:04 PM
1-1 in snowgrounds and 2-0 in the cross
:confused: :confused:

The Stars
18/09/2005, 2:17 PM
Never mind them Krustys,they dont know what they are on about.

crc
18/09/2005, 2:52 PM
1-1 in snowgrounds and 2-0 in the cross :eek: :rolleyes: :D

gustavo
18/09/2005, 4:19 PM
I'll say one all , o donavan and Kudozovic.

Conor H
18/09/2005, 4:23 PM
1-1 in snowgrounds and 2-0 in the cross
:rolleyes: :D Vinny there playing in the cross on Friday so your prediction needs to be reversed around a bit. ;)

roversforever
18/09/2005, 8:19 PM
i'll probably get slated for this but my one worry is michael mcnamara.i have serious doubts about him against top class strikers.i think the reason he has looked so good so far is because he has burnsy beside him but i think he could struggle against the cork strikers.hope im wrong.

ccfcgirl
18/09/2005, 8:23 PM
I hope city will Give Willie Bruton a game we need a goal scorer at the minute .

Rebal Boy
18/09/2005, 8:25 PM
Sligo fans. Carlsberg don't do dreams so keep dreams of ye cgoing to beat us to yourselfs. City are going to win. My predition is 2-0. Johno and Roy. I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me next Friday night.

RedX
18/09/2005, 9:31 PM
I am going to stick my neck out here lads and i will go with City to win 5-0...we beat Bray 3-0 last week and it should have been 8/9 and i dont think Sligo are as good as Bray... ;)

Redtop
18/09/2005, 10:22 PM
I am going to stick my neck out here lads and i will go with City to win 5-0...we beat Bray 3-0 last week and it should have been 8/9 and i dont think Sligo are as good as Bray... ;)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: well come back friday night and see what ya have to say

Bravo
19/09/2005, 9:34 AM
St Pats Taught the same, Ye drew with Longford last night & they struggled to beat our reserve side, earlier this season in the LC.

Rory H
19/09/2005, 12:26 PM
admittance is the first step

Red4Eva
20/09/2005, 12:05 AM
it'll be interesting to see whether sean plays foley or feeney. hopefully kupono will start so that mccann can move to midfield. the combination of fenn&o'flynn hasn't been fantastic in my opinion so i think burns&mickey mac mite cope reasonably well. i think it'd be fitting if faz and/or o'grady score&we get a draw minimum. no matter what i'd be surprised if the players don't do us proud&i would be absolutely shocked if we lost 5-0. that theory of beating bray 3-0 is daft cos cork drew with harps&galway and we're better than all 3 of em.....................cork 2 rovers 2

sligoman
20/09/2005, 9:42 AM
I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me next Friday night.I hope it does ;). 2-1 to Rovers, however, I would love a draw and then a replay in the Showgies, a good crowd would definetely go to that :cool:

nephin
20/09/2005, 9:53 AM
I don't think we want a draw out of this. An extra game is the last thing we need. Promotion is a priority this season. Rovers will give Cork a good run for their money but I think Cork will edge this one 2-1. Hope I'm wrong though.

sligoman
20/09/2005, 9:55 AM
I don't think we want a draw out of this. An extra game is the last thing we need. Promotion is a priority this season. Rovers will give Cork a good run for their money but I think Cork will edge this one 2-1. Hope I'm wrong though.I know we dont but a draw would still be a great result. I only want a replay cos I´m going to miss the game in Cork but will be back for the replay :o

Bravo
20/09/2005, 12:04 PM
Sligo Rovers Win FAI cups at 11-year intervals (83,94,05?) & always beat a Cork Team on the way (Cobh83, Cobh94, Cork05?)…..
1-0 to the Bit of Red Faz to score.

Pablo
20/09/2005, 12:11 PM
how many buses ye bringing?

The Stars
20/09/2005, 12:37 PM
lucky if we get 1.alot of people will be traveling down by car,but most will just watch it on TV as the journey is just to far.

ranting rover
20/09/2005, 1:00 PM
"...most will just watch it on TV..."

sorry been on holidays and don't want to have to read 1000 posts to find this out but is the match on telly?

Terry
20/09/2005, 1:05 PM
"...most will just watch it on TV..."

sorry been on holidays and don't want to have to read 1000 posts to find this out but is the match on telly?

its on TG4.

ranting rover
20/09/2005, 1:15 PM
Cheers!

shedhead
20/09/2005, 5:27 PM
Cork at home in FAI cup, with the form there in. if they werent in the uefa cup and totally concentrating on the game then they would prob beat us 4 or 5 nil. because of the UEFA cup id say 2-0 to cork. Best team in Ireland by a good bit.

Petmuller
20/09/2005, 7:58 PM
Cork at home in FAI cup, with the form there in. if they werent in the uefa cup and totally concentrating on the game then they would prob beat us 4 or 5 nil. because of the UEFA cup id say 2-0 to cork. Best team in Ireland by a good bit.

Have to agree :(

I think they will be far too good for us. O' Callaghan is a great player I don't see how we'll cope with his speed.
Three nil to City.

Rebal Boy
20/09/2005, 8:10 PM
Three nil to City.

I hope you are right. ;)

harry crumb
20/09/2005, 9:37 PM
Have to agree :(

I think they will be far too good for us. O' Callaghan is a great player I don't see how we'll cope with his speed.
Three nil to City.

O'Callaghan ...speed :confused:

Since when, Its probably the only part of his game that is lacking.

Very fit guy though.

redrov2005
20/09/2005, 9:59 PM
Big problem for Rovers is the pace that Cork have. McNamara and Burnsy could get roasted. Not sure if Conor O'Grady can hold midfield on his own as either Foley or Feeney would struggle.

Don't mean to be down,but if we make a bad start it culd be a long night.

What's the story with Low ? Gone to a wedding ? John O'Hara ?? Gone to a wedding ?!!!!

And while i'm at it Stevie O'Donell. should be brought back. All managers have runs in with players,but it's all about how you deal with them !

Time for Sean and Stevie to bury the hachet.

Petmuller
20/09/2005, 10:10 PM
Foley is out - yet another suspension!! Two games this time.
Low and O' Hara is back so a full squad with the exception of Fooly.
I'd imagine Sean will put Feeney in midfield with O' Grady.
I certainly hope I'm wrong but I don't see us getting anything from this one.

Redtop
20/09/2005, 10:32 PM
Have to agree
O' Callaghan is a great player

they will try and put defensive midfield player like gerry carr(by the way will get slaughtered if they try :rolleyes: )on him but i could also see him getting o grady to man mark him but we've jst got to play our own game not worrying to much about 1 player.. cork have got loads of top quality players not just o callaghan so it will take a top team effort to get a result but i'm confident that the players can rise to the occasion ;) ;)

gustavo
20/09/2005, 10:54 PM
Lads we can do it we have a far better team than two years ago when we stunned Shels in Tolka
GO ON THE BIT O RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heres some inspiration!
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim.garvey/season03/Shelbourne.htm

Shiba
20/09/2005, 11:58 PM
If this does go to a replay when will it be as Cork are playing in Europe During the Week

dublinred
21/09/2005, 7:52 AM
Sligo Rovers Win FAI cups at 11-year intervals (83,94,05?) & always beat a Cork Team on the way (Cobh83, Cobh94, Cork05?)…..
1-0 to the Bit of Red Faz to score.

Were always dire the season before
Had a relatively new manager
Had a Sligo Captain
Finn Harps were ******
Man Utd reached the FA Cup final
Beat non league oppostion after a replay
Beat the current premier league leaders on the way.....

akearins
21/09/2005, 9:37 AM
A neutral would say we are letting our hearts rule our heads talking about beating a side top of the premier division, one step away from the league stages of the UEFA cup and playng them in front of a packed house on their own sod.We have seen Cork enough on TV to know they are aquality side with class individual palyers, former premiership ones and some international U21 players.However it's 11 against 11 for 90mins and all this goes out the window on the night.

I believe we can give them a run for their money, although they might look on us as the easiest fixture for them in the coming weeks.

My side to paly Friday would be:
O'Hara
McCann
Burns
McNamara
Lowe
Ralph
Feeney
O'Grady
Faz
Flannery
McTiernan

Might be wonderimg why McCann and Lowe, basically Corks threat is from the wings, especially O'Callaghan on the right(if he plays there), however he isnt the paciest or best at defending, Ralph can do a marking job on him when we aren't in posession and when we do attack ralph can have a run at them McCann(better defending than Rossiter) can get tight to O'callaghan, so try and stifle O'Callaghans game a bit, keep him on the back foot.

Feeney a haed of Foley simply because the premier division teams suit his play as seen at the Pats game and he also good at breaking from midfield.

Flannery is vital for Friday night,no disrespect to Browne but Murray and Coughlan(unless bennett starts) are quite tall and we wouldnt have any aerial advantage over them any weakness they have will be on the deck which we all know Sean is very good at holding up posession and so releasing McTiernan who I am sure is quicker than the Cork centre halves.

Faz may get some joy down the left and Kupono is a quality defender any way.

Remmeber a poor Harps side got a draw down there, and they set their stall out to draw and Cork will probably expect the same from us. The last thing they will want is another replay with their backlog of fixtures, so they will go for it which suits us.
Cork will be leg weary,no fault of theirs that success,they ahavent exactly been banging in the goals

So seeing as I am not a neutral I am going for a safe 1-1 and bring them back up here.

Remember Shels last year........

sligoman
21/09/2005, 9:51 AM
Lads we can do it we have a far better team than two years ago when we stunned Shels in Tolka
GO ON THE BIT O RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heres some inspiration!
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim.garvey/season03/Shelbourne.htmI think that´s the first bit of optimisim I´ve ever seen from you Gus :D

hoops1
21/09/2005, 9:57 AM
Of Course Sligo can beat Cork!
I ask you Rovers fans this do any of you remember the cup game against
Shels a few years back in tolka? Sligo won 3-2 it was one of the best games i ever seen in EL. The first two goals for Rovers were unbelieveable one was a 30 yard screamer and the second was a dipping swerving shot from at least
40 yards.I kid you not!Couldnt tell you who scored the goals though!
Think it went to et as I seem to remember the missus having to sit outside
for an extra 30mins a being slightly ****ed.Well it was hard to try to explain
to the uneducated the chances of the Sligo taking Shels to extra time that
night!It was a real I was there game.Do any of you remeber it?Im sure it will
have legendry status in a few years. If not already

sligoman
21/09/2005, 10:03 AM
Of course we can remember it! Ollie Keogh, John Gaffney and Steve Feeney scored them. They can still be seen on the net somewhere, afaik(:confused: )

Redtop
21/09/2005, 10:41 AM
Of course we can remember it! Ollie Keogh, John Gaffney and Steve Feeney scored them. They can still be seen on the net somewhere, afaik(:confused: )
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim.ga.../Shelbourne.htm

Pablo
21/09/2005, 11:21 AM
maybe this will haunt me but.........having seen you against Cobh twice, there is a big gap in quality tbh.

just my opinion

A face
21/09/2005, 11:47 AM
Shels a few years back in tolka? Sligo won 3-2 it was one of the best games i ever seen in EL. The first two goals for Rovers were unbelieveable one was a 30 yard screamer and the second was a dipping swerving shot from at least

Remember that now alright .... great goals to be fair.

I dunno ... Still think City will have this .... if nothing goes wrong that is.

Red4Eva
21/09/2005, 2:34 PM
it pi$$es me off that any1 could say 3-0 to cork. have ye no faith? galway 0 cork 0, cork 0 harps 0, shelbourne 2 sligo rovers 3. i think o'callaghan is class too but he's not fast&not great defensively. burnsy will cope with o'flynn. fenn is gifted but sometimes looks lazy. if faz is on da left he can defo cause cork serious problems. i think occasionaly cork's defence looks a wee bit uncomposed hopefully saint paul can capatilise

akearins
21/09/2005, 2:48 PM
if feeneys starts he may get some joy going forward as fenn is not 6teh bast at tracking back, however he sits in front of midfiled and behind striker so will need to picked up or he could do damage

Petmuller
21/09/2005, 4:38 PM
it pi$$es me off that any1 could say 3-0 to cork. have ye no faith? galway 0 cork 0, cork 0 harps 0, shelbourne 2 sligo rovers 3. i think o'callaghan is class too but he's not fast&not great defensively. burnsy will cope with o'flynn. fenn is gifted but sometimes looks lazy. if faz is on da left he can defo cause cork serious problems. i think occasionaly cork's defence looks a wee bit uncomposed hopefully saint paul can capatilise

Everyone has an opinion that's the beauty about the beautiful game.
I sincerely think we'll be outclassed, I'm not saying that because I hope we will be, I'm hoping we win the game just as much as you do Re4Eva.

1 9 2 8
21/09/2005, 6:00 PM
A Shams supporter calling us Rovers :eek: