PDA

View Full Version : Galway Utd. 1 Ramblers 1

Bono_Keane
16/09/2005, 9:26 PM
Galway United 1 Cobh Ramblers 1

1-0 Min Dave Goldbey 1-1 Min 37 Warren

Conor H
16/09/2005, 9:46 PM
Ya we had chances to nick the game but in fairness we didn't completely dominate either.There goal came from a rebound after Goughie saved a peno and ours came from a Dave Goldbey header.The referee and Linesman were an absoloute joke. :rolleyes: :mad:

Rebal Boy
16/09/2005, 9:51 PM
What was the crowd like at this game. Did Rams have any fans up there? When I saw that Rams scored close to half time I nearly thought they would go on to win the game. I'm disappionted they didn't. Its not over yet. Hope Dublin City & Sligo will slip up tomorrow night.

Conor H
16/09/2005, 9:58 PM
Galway United 1-1 Cobh Ramblers
With both sides missing their top scorers, it was perhaps unsurprising that there was little in the way of inspiration as Galway United and Cobh Ramblers played out a 1-1 draw at Terryland Park on Friday night.

Galway are without 11-goal front man Barry Moran, who will miss the rest of the season with a broken leg, while Cobh’s Kieran O’Reilly, with 14 the First Division’s top marksman, faces six weeks on the sidelines with broken ribs.

The home side hit the front through Dave Goldbey’s header on 16 minutes.

But Cobh levelled before the break through Dave Warren, the former Wrexham man showing excellent alertness to finish to the net after Galway keeper Alan Gough had saved Mark Clifford’s penalty.

Conor H
16/09/2005, 10:00 PM
What was the crowd like at this game. Did Rams have any fans up there? When I saw that Rams scored close to half time I nearly thought they would go on to win the game. I'm disappionted they didn't. Its not over yet. Hope Dublin City & Sligo will slip up tomorrow night.
There was a half decent crowd,considering our position but cobh only had 2 away fans.BTW they won't get promoted....Kilkenny our my tip to go up with sligo. :(

Rebal Boy
16/09/2005, 10:08 PM
If Kilkenny keep up their superb form no body will stop them from going up. I fancy them to beat Sligo tomorrow night.

Terry
17/09/2005, 7:25 AM
If Kilkenny keep up their superb form no body will stop them from going up. I fancy them to beat Sligo tomorrow night.

I Agree, and if you shop around you'll get 3/1 on that!

Cobh were brutal last night, and will fall to the wayside.

Comic Book Guy
17/09/2005, 9:11 AM
I Agree, and if you shop around you'll get 3/1 on that!

Cobh were brutal last night, and will fall to the wayside.

I have to disagree, We had enough chances to win the game, our keeper had only one save to make in the second half. We missed a sitter just after H.T, your keeper was very very dodgy on crosses but he made several good saves.
We won't fall by the Wayside (that happened in June ;), everyone writes us off, but hey we're still in the hunt.
Overall very disappointed not to win, we did lose our way with about 10 mins to go but we had the bulk of the chances.

Terry
17/09/2005, 10:16 AM
I have to disagree, We had enough chances to win the game, our keeper had only one save to make in the second half. We missed a sitter just after H.T, your keeper was very very dodgy on crosses but he made several good saves.

Gough made some great saves alright, but the penalty decision was a joke and Brosnan (i think it was) should have been booked for diving. I was right behind the linesman and he had the perfect view to call the correct decision but bottled it :mad:

As for saves in the second half for your keeper, off the top of my head I can remember him saving 2 from Cooke, 2 from O'dowd 1 from Lavine, 1 from Clery !!! THATS 6 at least.

It was an awful sitter :D