PDA

View Full Version : Swiss tickets? How much?

shakermaker1982
16/09/2005, 11:17 AM
I'm thinking of heading over to the Switzerland game next month after not being able to make the French game.

Would I be able to get a ticket off a tout for a reasonable price? How much were the tickets going for against Henry and Zidane?

Any help would be greatly apppreciated.

Dublin12
16/09/2005, 11:55 AM
Would I be able to get a ticket off a tout for a reasonable price?

That's the million dollar question?,but seeing as they are such a loving and friendly bunch you might even get one free :D

EnDai
16/09/2005, 12:02 PM
Erm... no?

Don Vito
16/09/2005, 12:11 PM
From what I saw they were generally going for about €180-200 before the French game. Can't see them being more expensive than that as the event junkies that created the prices for the France match won't realise the importance of the fixture. Lets just hope we're still in with a shout by then anyway!

oconghc2
16/09/2005, 12:49 PM
yep, thats the main thing! all gonna depend on how we do against Cyprus.

Still confident so I am that we'll get the 6 points needed. Although I'm starting to doubt if going to Irish games is good for my health! physically sick after french game for a few days!!!

Dawn_Run
16/09/2005, 1:07 PM
yep, thats the main thing! all gonna depend on how we do against Cyprus.

Still confident so I am that we'll get the 6 points needed. Although I'm starting to doubt if going to Irish games is good for my health! physically sick after french game for a few days!!!

Touts will screw you. Its their nature. Why dont you write a nice letter to the FAI or Swiss FA and ask them to take pity on you. Anything is better than giving in to touts.

(Incidentally - I was in paddy cullens before the french game and a tout came in trying to flog a ticket, 600 euro he was looking for, *****)

EnDai
16/09/2005, 1:12 PM
What you do is wait for someone to buy it, and hop on him, cuz you know he has €600. Then run, cuz everyone else now knows you'vr €600!

Ash
16/09/2005, 1:14 PM
I heard of tickets for the French game being sold for over 2,000euro

Cosmo
16/09/2005, 1:20 PM
I know of a drog that went to the french match with no ticket and bought one for 190 euro off a scumbag tout outside the ground 40 minutes before kick off

shakermaker1982
16/09/2005, 1:49 PM
if we don't win against Cyprus then they'll be given them away!!!

Thanks for the prices, 180 euros is what I was expecting.......anything more plus flights and a b and b is gonna be testing my finances!

p_o_r
16/09/2005, 2:29 PM
if we don't win against Cyprus then they'll be given them away!!!

Thanks for the prices, 180 euros is what I was expecting.......anything more plus flights and a b and b is gonna be testing my finances!

If you are willing to miss a few mins of the game hang around till after kick off, the value will drop as more time goes by, an unsold ticket is no good to any tout.

gspain
16/09/2005, 2:33 PM
Tout was asking €250 at 5pm for a north terrace for france.

I think they may be even harder to get this time. OK fewer event junkies however the French Federation accomodated the touts and they had plenty of tickets. This time the Swiss appear to be really taking their allocation. Obviously this depends on Nicosia.

keenanboy
16/09/2005, 5:14 PM
I paid 300 for 2 North terrace tickets beside each other. anyway if we get anything less than a win in Cyprus they'll be paying you to take them off them

4tothefloor
16/09/2005, 5:56 PM
Down near Murrey's, the Lansdowne etc touts were selling for €200. A guy I know paid €150 for a North Terrace ticket, with 'Visiting Association' (or something like that) stamped on the ticket, so it obviously originated in France.

Duffman
17/09/2005, 3:51 PM
Down near Murrey's, the Lansdowne etc touts were selling for €200. A guy I know paid €150 for a North Terrace ticket, with 'Visiting Association' (or something like that) stamped on the ticket, so it obviously originated in France.

Noticed that on eBay tickets as well, had that stamp across them.

keenanboy
18/09/2005, 4:29 PM
yeah mine had a visiting association stamp on it...you know what else i'd like to stamp on? The head of a tout. Was actually tempted to do a runner with the ticket he handed it to me to check before i gave him his money, my mate was around the corner sitting in his car. I wouldn't have felt bad either!

gustavo
18/09/2005, 4:31 PM
read dahamstas sticky before posting :(. moving thread.

elroy
19/09/2005, 1:56 PM
yeah mine had a visiting association stamp on it...you know what else i'd like to stamp on? The head of a tout. Was actually tempted to do a runner with the ticket he handed it to me to check before i gave him his money, my mate was around the corner sitting in his car. I wouldn't have felt bad either!

Join the club lad, was very tempted. I def paid more than what I shouldve being able to get them for but so badly wanted to go.

But i think after the defeat the johnny come latelys who went to the france game cos they heard it was huge and they wanted to see Zidane and daddy sorted them a ticket(cant help it im v bitter about it) wont bother with this game cos as far as they're concerned "like who have switzerland got-henchoz?"

so i think theres a better chance of gettin the tickets at a more reasonable price (hopefully face value) for this one. And what do ye mean lads, of course we'll do the job in Nicosia, wheres the faith!!!

aidz1
19/09/2005, 2:10 PM
2 mates bought tickets for the france game for €100 each 20 mins prior to ko

pegan
19/09/2005, 2:39 PM
just had a quick look at ryanair.com

flying Friedrickstaffen to Stansted 96 euro
Stansted to Dublin 36 euro

Out on 11th back in on the 13th october

Check out hostels in Templebar like barnacles.ie If your willing to share with 7 other grown men then bobs your uncle!!

Incidently, I dont see there being a problem getting tickets for the swiss match.

i see from the sunday papers that the Cyprus trip has been reduced by 200 euro!! :cool:

keenanboy
19/09/2005, 9:27 PM
yeah there is deals now for 499 for 6 days, and us silly buggers booked this back in February. Not for much more mind you but still more. Do them deals include match ticket? not that its a problem i think they're free inside cereal boxes in cyprus :)

AidoM
27/09/2005, 6:00 PM
Did the reverse tripfor the last 2 Swiss away matches. With the train system getting there and back was easy (except that the head was a little sore on the return journeys.