PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Clare Schoolboy Games Cancelled

shelbourne1904
16/09/2005, 10:46 AM
All Clare Schoolboy Football ,to start the season,has been cancelled because of a shortage of referees,for several different reasons.
An appeal has been sent out to remedy the emergency situation with an Introductory Referess Course being held in the West county on24th September under the guidance of Noel Bennett.The course starts at 09.30 and can be attended once booking is confirm with Noel at 0866046045.
IF YOU CARE ABOUT CLARE FOOTBALL PLEASE CONSIDER THIS CRUCIAL OPPORTUNITY TO HELP>

shelbourne1904
16/09/2005, 11:03 AM
Some games have been covered for Saturday 17th September but all Sunday schholboy games remain cancelled

Bonovox
17/09/2005, 10:56 PM
Can someone clarify this for me. You have enough referees to cover Junior games but not enough to cover Schoolboy games? Is this something to do with money?........................

shelbourne1904
21/09/2005, 5:21 PM
Can someone clarify this for me. You have enough referees to cover Junior games but not enough to cover Schoolboy games? Is this something to do with money?........................
Ask the referees???

blobbyblob
21/09/2005, 7:59 PM
does each club not provide a school boy ref for every team that they have in the league?

shelbourne1904
22/09/2005, 12:34 PM
does each club not provide a school boy ref for every team that they have in the league?
No it is felt that that cannot be because of the lack of trust!!!

blobbyblob
22/09/2005, 2:13 PM
No it is felt that that cannot be because of the lack of trust!!!

Trust??? Sure thats madness. It works because

it allows people with an interest in the game to get involved in a different capacity other than playing at a basic level

allows people stay fit if thats what they want as an alternative to training
put the onus on the clubs to provide refs
develops refs for the future

im very worried for the future of schoolboy amd junior league football in this country

CousinSylDolan
22/09/2005, 2:21 PM
im very worried for the future of schoolboy amd junior league football in this country

Me too....

"Some" players these days, in my opinion have the attitude they are doing the club a favour by playing for them...

shelbourne1904
04/10/2005, 10:19 AM
Many fixtures cancelled again last weekend due to shortage , unavailability and sickness.

ANY VOLUNTEERS OUT THERE TO DO AT LEAST UNDER 11s AND 12s ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY .RING RONNIE PINE ON 0868836953

NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO SHAVE YOUR HEAD AND STARE STRAIGHT AT PLAYERS LIKE COLLINA DOES!!(ONLY PROBLEM IS YOU WILL HAVE TO KNEEL DOWN!!!