PDA

View Full Version : Dinamo 5-1 Everton

eirebhoy
15/09/2005, 9:55 PM
Last season Dinamo came 2nd to Steaua. This season they're currently 2nd to Steaua. Shels gave Steaua a run for their money.

jockser
15/09/2005, 10:10 PM
eh so that means what?

eirebhoy
15/09/2005, 10:12 PM
...that Everton lost 5-1. They're going back to midtable obscurity.

harry crumb
15/09/2005, 10:13 PM
Yeah, what has that got to do with it. :rolleyes:

jockser
15/09/2005, 10:14 PM
oh right :D ......midtable?? Thats asking a bit much from them isnt it!?!?!

harry crumb
15/09/2005, 10:17 PM
Great result for Romanian soccer.

Just shows what a good organised team can do.

eirebhoy
15/09/2005, 10:20 PM
I suppose, thats what happen when you play Phil Neville in the holding role. He might be able to cope at full back or supporting Roy Keane but he certainly can't hold the midfield.

thejollyrodger
16/09/2005, 8:43 AM
It must be a major shock for P.Neville, going from a bit part player to a main one.

Everton really got a monking last night.

wws
16/09/2005, 9:08 AM
if Everton were an EL team this result would be held up by everyone in this country for saying the league was sh.t :rolleyes:

ciaran76
16/09/2005, 9:50 AM
if Everton were an EL team this result would be held up by everyone in this country for saying the league was sh.t :rolleyes:

That is very true :(

diogoSanchez05
16/09/2005, 10:27 AM
nothing short of disgraceful result for everton.
they have spent a good lot of money on beattie, van der meyde,cahill,krodstrup,p neville etc.
it just shows you that its all about coaching and these romanian teams are being coached the right way from youth level.

wws
16/09/2005, 10:39 AM
nothing short of disgraceful result for everton.
they have spent a good lot of money on beattie, van der meyde,cahill,krodstrup,p neville etc.
it just shows you that its all about coaching and these romanian teams are being coached the right way from youth level.

maybe if england moved to a summer season they'd be better prepared? They have to do something and quick, how on earth are we expected to watch that muck when there are better alternatives like greyhound racing, GAA and eurovision???

Peadar
16/09/2005, 10:44 AM

The very same thing crossed my mind last night.

Stuttgart88
16/09/2005, 10:56 AM
Very good point about the eL by WWS.

I think that result actually does say a lot about English football. Mid-table English teams are mediocre by European standards.

I said earlier on another thread that the game is moving on throughout the world but we're failing to noitice it due to our obsession with watching the Premiership. Results like Liverpool winning the CL and Rangers beating Porto obviously test this assertion but by & large there's a standard of football being played around the world now that has improved a lot in recent years while the median Premiership club has stood still (at best). Perhaps this is because "foreign" leagues & their clubs have adapted to the rule changes and interpretations that FIFA have introduced in the last decade to promote techical ability whereas British-style football still favours power over technique.

I expect the 2006 World Cup will showcase just how much the world game is moving on from the game around these parts and maybe some food for thought will be put on the table.

pete
16/09/2005, 11:36 AM
Clearly a crisis in English football when 4th place in the league loses 3 games on the trot in Europe & gets trashed by eastern european nobodies. I expect to see barstoolers abandon the EPL for La Liga now.

pineapple stu
16/09/2005, 12:24 PM
Rapid drew away to Feyernoord and Steaua won 3-0 against Valerenga as well. All very good results.

ciaran76
16/09/2005, 2:14 PM
Clearly a crisis in English football when 4th place in the league loses 3 games on the trot in Europe & gets trashed by eastern european nobodies. I expect to see barstoolers abandon the EPL for La Liga now.

I wonder how the 5th place team will do then ? :p

4tothefloor
16/09/2005, 6:10 PM
Ye are all over reacting. Everton are, and always have been, a great big pile of s**te. They shouldn't be anywhere near Europe. They poxed fourth place last year mainly because Liverpool messed up. Liverpool were in transition under Benitez, who was trying to get to grips with the English game, and their best player Gerrard didn't know his arse from his elbow for most of the season. That's mainly why Everton finished where they did.

Look at it this way. The likes of Spurs and Man City, who play good football under their new coaches, will move up the table this season and replace the likes of Everton, Boro and Bolton, who all play crap football. So next year you are probably looking at Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal in the CL, with Spurs and Man City in UEFA Cup. Last year was a poor Premiership, this year I think it will be a lot better and a lot closer.

jockser
16/09/2005, 8:03 PM
Ye are all over reacting. Everton are, and always have been, a great big pile of s**te. They shouldn't be anywhere near Europe. They poxed fourth place last year mainly because Liverpool messed up. Liverpool were in transition under Benitez, who was trying to get to grips with the English game, and their best player Gerrard didn't know his arse from his elbow for most of the season. That's mainly why Everton finished where they did.
dont forget LFC had the worst injury season in their history too

pineapple stu
17/09/2005, 1:35 AM
They shouldn't be anywhere near Europe. They poxed fourth place last year mainly because Liverpool messed up.
So if they got fourth because of Liverpool, then they'd have gotten fifth anyway and been in Europe still. It's still a fair achievement to come from nowhere to get fifth in the Premiership.

I agree that they're an average English team - can't deny that. But there's no point taking away from their achievement last season. Average English teams have always done poorly in Europe - Southampton (lost to the same team, didn't they?), Man City, Millwall...sure there's a couple more.

Student Mullet
17/09/2005, 2:13 AM
If everton had met Longford Town who would have won?

Include in your answer how Andy Myler is a God amoung men.

mypost
17/09/2005, 2:18 AM
I agree that they're an average English team - can't deny that. Average English teams have always done poorly in Europe - Southampton (lost to the same team, didn't they?), Man City, Millwall...sure there's a couple more.

Without wearing my LFC hat, I would have to say that Everton are probably the most naive, gutless, and talentless team that has ever represented England in European competition. Their approach is amateur, (Moyes: "delighted to be here") :rolleyes: , their tactics are primitive, (Dunc-ball), their players are useless, (e.g. Joe Yobo). A side from one of the top leagues in Europe, should not concede 5 goals in a European game. Everton had little hope of winning a round of the UEFA Cup, and absolutely Zero hope of winning their CL qualifier. They simply wasted an English European spot. Liverpool beat Dinamo Bucharest in both legs of the EC semi in 1984, when Everton had decent players and could compete against them, and other European sides. Everton won the CWC the following year, now they can't win any European tie of any sort. I wish Cork or Shels had being drawn against them, as they would have taken them apart too, and given another much needed boost in the NL's profile.

FYI, Southampton lost narrowly in the UEFA Cup a couple of years ago, to Steaua Bucharest.

pete
17/09/2005, 10:42 AM
Evertons hoofball is not suited to European football of any level. Similarily Bolton won't last long in Uefa Cup either. With one ot two exceptions english Uefa Cup teams have done poorly in recent seasons as no strength in depth.