PDA

View Full Version : Two new FIFA members

Gerrit
15/09/2005, 7:57 PM
Good news for me and fellow fans of the minnows and amateur teams:

the Comores and East-Timor have both been officially accepted as new FIFA members this week. East-Timor was already in the Asian confederation, the Comores are brand new within the organised world football. They were welcomed this week as official 206th and 207th FIFA members.

I find especially the Comores very fascinating. This weekend I'm gonna try to find some information on their football league and FA, could be a long search but I'm sure there must be some info on them on the WWW...

holidaysong
15/09/2005, 9:38 PM
Good news for me and fellow fans of the minnows and amateur teams:

the Comores and East-Timor have both been officially accepted as new FIFA members this week. East-Timor was already in the Asian confederation, the Comores are brand new within the organised world football. They were welcomed this week as official 206th and 207th FIFA members.

I find especially the Comores very fascinating. This weekend I'm gonna try to find some information on their football league and FA, could be a long search but I'm sure there must be some info on them on the WWW...

If you find any information please post it up here Gerrit. "Stamping Grounds: Liechtenstein's World Cup Odyssey" by Charlie Connelly really got me interested in the minnows of international football. Brilliant read recommended to me by someone on this site.

superfrank
16/09/2005, 10:37 AM
Do you mean the Comoro's?? I've heard of them before. Indian Ocean islands??

anto eile
16/09/2005, 4:40 PM
no he means the comoros islands. no apostrophe, you wannabe show-off!

The Stars
16/09/2005, 7:13 PM
Great,now I can represent my country.