PDA

View Full Version : cork city

tayto repairman
15/09/2005, 6:08 PM
just been listening to radio 5live here in london.

rob bonnet just referred to cork city as a british side.

i'd love to hear him say that if he ever went there.

crc
15/09/2005, 6:19 PM
Can someone please be kind enough to let me know how Cork are doing? I'm stuck at work and I can't access the radio commentary on the internet from this computer. I've got livescore up, but it would nice to know how well they're playing, what their chances are. Thanks.

thejollyrodger
15/09/2005, 6:27 PM
0-0. Cork are doing ok but they dont hold on to the ball enough. Both side have chances but I reckon Slavia might score first.

blutil
15/09/2005, 6:34 PM
http://corkcityfc.ie/forums/index.php?showtopic=4900&st=0

there ya go ! :ball:

crc
15/09/2005, 6:45 PM
Thanks JR and blutil. Come on City!

thejollyrodger
15/09/2005, 6:50 PM
cork have to keep possession a lot more because its really hurting them. They could be 2-0 down quite easily if it wasnt for their goalkeeper. Still getting to half time 0-0 is good. IF they can sort out those problems they might have a chance. I cant see Cork scoring somehow.

dancinpants
15/09/2005, 7:26 PM
Prague are 1-0 up.

thejollyrodger
15/09/2005, 7:38 PM
Slavia 2-0 up

Cork have really fell apart. The last goal was a joke, the defender ran through the middle all the way to the penalty area. It might be 3-0 or even 4-0.

dancinpants
15/09/2005, 7:43 PM
They need to get an away goal out of this game now. If they get one and it finishes 2-1 they're still in with a shout come the 2nd leg.

thejollyrodger
15/09/2005, 7:46 PM
I think Cork must be cursing their luck for selling their best striker to Reading

dancinpants
15/09/2005, 7:50 PM
I think Cork must be cursing their luck for selling their best striker to Reading

Yep, and getting next to nothing for him!!

yan
15/09/2005, 7:55 PM
cheap shot!

Jaime
15/09/2005, 7:57 PM
Thought the Cork defence worked very hard and O Callaghan let them down by constantly squandering possession in the middle third. 2-0 was a fair enough result, but it's not beyond Cork to stuff Slavia in the second leg, very average side IMO.

thejollyrodger
15/09/2005, 8:22 PM
it wasnt a cheap shot but its a serious question, if Cork want to progress they shouldnt be selling their best players.

EL clubs have so much work to do, physically, techincally etc I dont agree with Roddy Collins , I think we can still make progress.

ShelsTim
15/09/2005, 8:23 PM
In fairness now, Slavia are a good side. Also, that team seems to be a completely reserve side what with injuries and suspensions. So, in two weeks Cork could be facing a much stronger side needing to score at least two and not let in any. I think it might be beyond them.

thejollyrodger
15/09/2005, 8:38 PM
thats right, all those injuries made Slavia a very weak side. It could be 4-0 or 5 more in two weeks time. Very disapointing

ollie
15/09/2005, 8:39 PM
it wasnt a cheap shot but its a serious question, if Cork want to progress they shouldnt be selling their best players.

thats been covered already months ago.as this is a WUM i won't comment any further.

city were poxed to be level at HT but we never really broke their stride.whatever luck we had was used up in defence and had none for when we hit the post 3 times.I feel the lack of an away goal will cost us.it will be difficult to stop them from scoring at the cross but its a narrow pitch which will help so heres hoping for better in 2 weeks :ball:

thejollyrodger
15/09/2005, 9:02 PM
your optimistic ollie. I have more or less wrote Corks chances off now.

ollie
15/09/2005, 9:15 PM
I have more or less wrote Corks chances off now
if we manage to get the first goal,we'll see how they react.the crowd will be on top of them and then its in the melting pot.City did not play to their potential tonight but if they do the next night we are definitely in with a shout.
we have beaten good sides down through the years at the cross so you'd never know.
(initial post match depression starting to go)

thejollyrodger
15/09/2005, 9:21 PM
yeah, an early goal would change the complexion a lot but it will be a real mountain. They will have all their better players back, a few more games in their league to focus their minds and really up for it having the 2-0 advantage.

higgins
15/09/2005, 9:26 PM
Cork were awful tonight :(

Not seen them as poor in a very long while. I'll put it down to the lack of Rico as they seemed to go from bad to worse through the game. There was nobody there who stood up and changed things.

First 15 mins you were well in it then something changed!! nobody wanted the ball and you gave it away every 3 secs!!

ollie
15/09/2005, 9:41 PM
a bit harsh there higins.as i said before city didn't play to their potential tonight.agree with you about keeping possesion though.they must keep it better than they did.they ended up killing themselves chasing it.

harry crumb
15/09/2005, 9:52 PM
Gamble was not on the ball enough at all.

Fenn was isolated up front.

The key was the midfield was not strong enough in defence or attack. :(

harry crumb
15/09/2005, 10:03 PM
We can come back.

Derry gave us a similar type of beating in the Brandywell a few weeks ago.

Any way Longford on Sunday is the next big game.

drinkfeckarse
16/09/2005, 8:17 AM
It makes the home leg very tough but it's definately not beyond them IMO.

joey B
16/09/2005, 8:28 AM
Cork's ball retention was awful I mean O'callaghan gave the ball away at least 3 times in dangerous area's ,which city were lucky not to conceed from.

In saying that I think if Cork's attacking players had more decent ball they could have some damage the 2 wingers looked like they had the beating of their markers.

The tie ain't over yet but It's real huge task now.

Éanna
19/09/2005, 9:32 PM
EL clubs have so much work to do, physically, techincally etc I dont agree with Roddy Collins , I think we can still make progress.very disappointed at Roddy using a chance to talk about the strides this league has made to a wide audience as a pathetic chance to be controversial again. bad form

Éanna
19/09/2005, 9:33 PM
we were poor. no doubting. but it says something about the quality of this team that we're still in it after a poor performance, and indeed, could have come away with a 2-1 defeat which would have been a very acceptable result