PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2005/06 (Limerick Section)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Daydreamer
28/11/2005, 11:05 AM
carew won 2 / 1 after extra time Cyril maher got the winner.

summervilleman
30/11/2005, 1:12 AM
another summerville man doing the business for other clubs..well done cyril!!!

widow
30/11/2005, 7:39 AM
mungret v pike/balla next round of the FAI

the only 1
30/11/2005, 8:24 AM
mungret v pike/balla next round of the FAI

you mean mungret v pike:)

headerball
30/11/2005, 1:43 PM
have to say that if balla perform anyway like they did in the pike field last year when the hammered pike to win the league then they should dispose of pike easily.
after all the last two matches when these teams have met have been won comfortably by balla both times !

maestro
30/11/2005, 2:53 PM
have to say that if balla perform anyway like they did in the pike field last year when the hammered pike to win the league then they should dispose of pike easily.
after all the last two matches when these teams have met have been won comfortably by balla both times !

Well considering last season pike hadn't played a league match for 6 weeks before they met balla in the 'decider' , and this season in bateman pike were 1-0 up and cruising for the majority of the match only to concede late in the game, also that is the only loss pike have suffered all season and no draws!!

Should be a cracking game as both teams are by far the best in limerick:)

Pike will win though

see's it
30/11/2005, 4:31 PM
Star to be Limericks only team left in the quartar finals......how much are they in the bookies?

HuRya
30/11/2005, 6:11 PM
Star to be Limericks only team left in the quartar finals......how much are they in the bookies?

lets not get ahead of yourself- its only the last 64 (5 matches away from the final).i fancy only Carew Pk,Pike Rvs and UL Aisling to reach the last 32 stage after Christmas.

summervilleman
30/11/2005, 8:48 PM
I must say i think star could do well...once you get out of town you always have a chance and star have a pretty good panel there...Some of them a bit to cocky though..Would like to still see them do well though...Only thing is it will interfere with there league matchs and they are already behind by about 3-4 games so this will only make it worse...they will be left with a fixture problem at the end and will probably do a granville and a balla on it then,,,,Still ongoing problems with fixtures in the ldmc!!!

backodanet
01/12/2005, 10:03 AM
Well considering last season pike hadn't played a league match for 6 weeks before they met balla in the 'decider' , and this season in bateman pike were 1-0 up and cruising for the majority of the match only to concede late in the game, also that is the only loss pike have suffered all season and no draws!!

Should be a cracking game as both teams are by far the best in limerick:)

Pike will win though

Last season pike played regional the week before they played balla and had cup games before that
this season balla beat pike 2 - 1 with all goals scored in the first half so pike cruising i think not.

balla won the last 2 matches but pike won the 3 before that all those matches there was only a goal in it before that balla had the biggest win in years 7 - 2 in the touhy cup

too close to call

the only 1
01/12/2005, 1:06 PM
Last season pike played regional the week before they played balla and had cup games before that
this season balla beat pike 2 - 1 with all goals scored in the first half so pike cruising i think not.

balla won the last 2 matches but pike won the 3 before that all those matches there was only a goal in it before that balla had the biggest win in years 7 - 2 in the touhy cup

too close to call

7-2 that was pikes b team:D

headerball
01/12/2005, 1:41 PM
7-2 that was pikes b team:D

i think not young man ! if i remember correctly pike had a full team that night as you are not allowed to play b players in the touhy cup !

Twinkle Toes
01/12/2005, 2:04 PM
I must say i think star could do well...once you get out of town you always have a chance and star have a pretty good panel there...Some of them a bit to cocky though..Would like to still see them do well though...Only thing is it will interfere with there league matchs and they are already behind by about 3-4 games so this will only make it worse...they will be left with a fixture problem at the end and will probably do a granville and a balla on it then,,,,Still ongoing problems with fixtures in the ldmc!!!

Explain - will probably do a Granville and Balla on it then Still ongoing problems with fixtures in the ldmc!!!
I looked the tables last week and Balla have nine games played and Granvile have 11 played.
What are you trying to say ? please let us know......... I think you might be tyring to say there is favouritism being shown to clubs in the town. Are you going to name names ??

the only 1
01/12/2005, 2:49 PM
i think not young man ! if i remember correctly pike had a full team that night as you are not allowed to play b players in the touhy cup !

whatever pike will win we will see next week il reply to you then:p :p :p

Unreal Madrid
01/12/2005, 3:27 PM
Explain - will probably do a Granville and Balla on it then Still ongoing problems with fixtures in the ldmc!!!
I looked the tables last week and Balla have nine games played and Granvile have 11 played.
What are you trying to say ? please let us know......... I think you might be tyring to say there is favouritism being shown to clubs in the town. Are you going to name names ??

He's not talking about this season. When Balla won the league and when Granville got promoted, they had loads of games in hand come the end of the season. They had to play about 10 games (at least 2 a week) with the majority against teams who had nothing to play as most promotion / relegation issues involved about 2 teams.

lim abroad
02/12/2005, 2:42 AM
whatever pike will win we will see next week il reply to you then:p :p :p
might be setting yourself up for a fall there maybe

the only 1
02/12/2005, 6:26 AM
might be setting yourself up for a fall there maybe

doubt it tommy:)

Daydreamer
02/12/2005, 10:46 AM
there s an old saying zubie dont count your chickens and all
that so id say you might be right about this pike man setting himself
up for the fall but hopefully not ,better them then balla ..

abbeyvale
05/12/2005, 3:53 PM
lets not get ahead of yourself- its only the last 64 (5 matches away from the final).i fancy only Carew Pk,Pike Rvs and UL Aisling to reach the last 32 stage after Christmas.

Star 4-0 St.Patricks,
Star now at home to Bridge Celtic (Clare) at 2pm on Sunday for the winners to reach the last 32.

summervilleman
06/12/2005, 9:02 AM

I was talking about balla in the premier last year and granville in 1a last year!!!

summervilleman
06/12/2005, 9:03 AM
Star 4-0 St.Patricks,
Star now at home to Bridge Celtic (Clare) at 2pm on Sunday for the winners to reach the last 32.

Best of luck abbeyvale!!

abbeyvale
06/12/2005, 3:20 PM
Best of luck abbeyvale!!

Cheers SM

see's it
08/12/2005, 12:25 PM
Is there something going on between the two of ye????????????

widow
08/12/2005, 2:08 PM
very little talk about the big game sunday, Pike V Balla in the FAI....Come on Balla

see's it
08/12/2005, 2:11 PM
thats cos the two lads above are to busy flirting with each other.i hope its balla but i think it will be pike...

Dirk Diggler
08/12/2005, 2:54 PM
Just heard colm enright (work), dara droog( wedding) and declan considine (**** up) are out for sunday big blow for pike

the only 1
08/12/2005, 5:55 PM
pike have sniffer back only players missing droog+a grady susspened should not be a problem thou

l.f.c......
09/12/2005, 8:53 AM
IMO i cant see any other result than a pike win. i was watching balla last week and there two centre halfs have no pace what so ever and with the pace pike have they could cause alot of probs for balla. IMO if i was them id play a sweeper if ye play a flat back four yer gone and who ever was at the game last sunday you know what im talking about. balla were lucky not to be down to ten or even nine men at half time for pro foul on frankie with his pace getting in behind ye every time. gook luck for sunday

see's it
09/12/2005, 12:26 PM
Balla always raise their game for Pike like if it is a derby,theres a fierce stick between the teams on the field i can remember a brawl between the two afew seasons back and with alot at stake sunday expect fireworks......

Dirk Diggler
09/12/2005, 2:02 PM
balla have a few headless chickens, you couldn't count the amount of times balla have gotten a player sent off in this tie. Mark Gough refereeing the match sunday, he won't be intimated by balla as he's proven in the past

gaidin
09/12/2005, 2:40 PM
balla have a few headless chickens, you couldn't count the amount of times balla have gotten a player sent off in this tie. Mark Gough refereeing the match sunday, he won't be intimated by balla as he's proven in the past

If gough is the ref then u can gaurantee that a Balla player will be sent off. Everytime he refs one of their matches he sends one of them off.

gaidin
09/12/2005, 2:41 PM
i was watching balla last week and there two centre halfs have no pace what so ever and with the pace pike have they could cause alot of probs for balla

They have had these 2 centre halfs for last 2 or 3 seasons and pike have never really caused them too many problems. They are slow but Pike never really punished this in the last couple of meetings.

Big Toe
09/12/2005, 10:57 PM
the only 1, are you steamed up.... bennis for the boro, i dont think so... why any club would want to sign him is beyond me...Terms must be good in the green bennis driving a BMW.....Hurya, i never said anything about the view shouting at the ref....i was referring to c'mmtee being called Boro C**nts by view people. Ref's get paid enough, if you pay somebody to do a job and you think that they are not doing it correctly, can you not question their competence......Nice measuring tape 2.7yrds....
Has Ian signed for the Boro

widow
12/12/2005, 9:45 AM
If gough is the ref then u can gaurantee that a Balla player will be sent off. Everytime he refs one of their matches he sends one of them off.

And deservedly so, he's a top ref

Dirk Diggler
12/12/2005, 9:49 AM
roll on the happy hoops!!!!!!!!

Dirk Diggler
12/12/2005, 9:50 AM
ian bennis has signed for pike

Dirk Diggler
12/12/2005, 9:51 AM
They have had these 2 centre halfs for last 2 or 3 seasons and pike have never really caused them too many problems. They are slow but Pike never really punished this in the last couple of meetings.

pike over the last 3 or 4 years have always had the better of balla

gaidin
12/12/2005, 10:47 AM
pike over the last 3 or 4 years have always had the better of balla

Even though Balla won the league the last 2 years and beat pike on the last day of the season in both years

Dirk Diggler
12/12/2005, 11:08 AM
ya :p

joeSoap
12/12/2005, 11:11 AM
Great result for Pike. Nicked it late with a winner with about 4 mins to go. Thought they totally deserved the win. Hopefully they will have learned from last years mistakes because they easily represent the best chance a Limerick side has of winning the thing now.

gaidin
12/12/2005, 12:03 PM
ya

i think Pike have had the better of the two in the major comps, FAI and Munster, but Balla have had the better of the two in league. Pike definitly deserved yesterday. Balla were very poor. Fair play to Pike hope they go on to do very well in the fai.

Unreal Madrid
12/12/2005, 5:05 PM
Just heard colm enright (work), dara droog( wedding) and declan considine (**** up) are out for sunday big blow for pike

Your sources are spot on, only droog not playing :eek:

the only 1
13/12/2005, 6:24 AM
Your sources are spot on, only droog not playing :eek:

and o grady they were taking the ****:)

Dirk Diggler
13/12/2005, 8:19 AM
What are the fixtures for the weekend?

CousinSylDolan
13/12/2005, 10:44 AM

It says in the Star there is a 3 week break for Lg games but not Fai and Mjc...

abbeyvale
13/12/2005, 5:10 PM

Star v Bridge Celtic (FAI)

Herbertstown v Carew Pk (MJC)

the only 1
14/12/2005, 6:27 AM
star will get beaten sunday :D post a reply morton if u want we will see:)

see's it
14/12/2005, 7:40 AM
Have Star played any good teams yet this season?

abbeyvale
14/12/2005, 10:13 PM
star will get beaten sunday :D post a reply morton if u want we will see:)

It will be a tough one, I'll be on the end of the phone as I'm in England

abbeyvale
14/12/2005, 10:15 PM
Have Star played any good teams yet this season?

Beat Wembley, and kept a clean sheet against St.Patricks (who scored 2 against the View in the MJC), anyway, we can only beat what's put in front of us.

I'm sure the Boro, Balla and the View not to mention a few others would like to be playing in the out of town stages in the FAI this weekend.

Whatever happens, we can always say we got further than the above teams.