PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2005/06 (Limerick Section)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Big Toe
07/11/2005, 12:13 PM
It'll be interesting to c how this result affects both the Boro's and Carew's season

widow
07/11/2005, 12:18 PM
boro still have the munster junior and the league to go for, their season is far from over. I said this time and time again last season on this site that the FAI isn't the be all and end all of a clubs season anymore. Its not the cup it used to be 10 - 15 years ago. Any news on Fairview losing the points?

Big Toe
07/11/2005, 12:24 PM
U may be right, but ask the clubs this morning weather they'd like to be in the next round

Big Toe
07/11/2005, 12:26 PM
Fairview seem to be goin through a bad patch Balla beat em 4-0

Big Toe
07/11/2005, 12:27 PM
New blood is needed in the Lodge

Big Toe
07/11/2005, 12:37 PM
At least the Boro will still have F.A.I football for another round at least

Daydreamer
07/11/2005, 1:24 PM
from a nuetral point of view ,no matter how bad the ref was or was not
it wouldnt have made a difference if their was 2 good refs out on the pitch
yesterday.carew were a much better outfit altogether,the beat boro to every
ball and looked an awful lot fitter aswell, lou quigley marked john lynne out
of the game cant remember him even getting a touch of the ball,anyone any idea who the puppet is that walks up and down the boro side line roaring and
repeating everything the manager says...

widow
07/11/2005, 1:34 PM
ya don't think you can blame the ref here carew deserved the win. When is the draw for the next round?

the only 1
07/11/2005, 2:51 PM
ya don't think you can blame the ref here carew deserved the win. When is the draw for the next round?

next saturday in waterford more than likely i bet dat pike,carew,balla will meet up

widow
07/11/2005, 3:54 PM
shame if they do, we need the strongest teams going out of town, pike, carew, balla and regional would be the four best teams left in the limerick section

leather
08/11/2005, 6:28 AM
Fair play to Carew Park. better team on the day...Took their chances very well. Hope that the fai dont fix the draw... what are the odds on pike,carew, versus Balla...me think very short odds. Quick note to carew players,AS & Pmcg, when a player is recieving treatment after being injured by the same players, shouting for him to be taken off is pretty poor portsmanship.Showing Some respect to other players might convince spectators that you are not two moron's.

widow
08/11/2005, 8:09 AM
sportmanship? those two???

Big Toe
08/11/2005, 12:26 PM
Is Mike Ryan gone from Mungret?

Big Toe
08/11/2005, 12:28 PM
He messed up another half descent team

declan hide
08/11/2005, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=Daydreamer]
lou quigley
QUOTE]

ha. he still plays? sure hes as auld as myself. did he ever grow?

Big Toe
09/11/2005, 6:13 AM
Fair play to Carew Park. better team on the day...Took their chances very well. Hope that the fai dont fix the draw... what are the odds on pike,carew, versus Balla...me think very short odds. Quick note to carew players,AS & Pmcg, when a player is recieving treatment after being injured by the same players, shouting for him to be taken off is pretty poor portsmanship.Showing Some respect to other players might convince spectators that you are not two moron's.
Do i c the green eyed monster showing his face.Can u answer daydreamers puppet question?

HuRya
09/11/2005, 7:50 AM
boro still have the munster junior and the league to go for, their season is far from over. I said this time and time again last season on this site that the FAI isn't the be all and end all of a clubs season anymore. Its not the cup it used to be 10 - 15 years ago. Any news on Fairview losing the points?

see the updated tables on the last page of the "Limerick Premier League" thread..that is the official table..the appeals of hill celtic vs fairview and carew pk vs ULAA have been heard and decided apon at a Munster Council meeting last month.

leather
09/11/2005, 8:10 AM
Big toe----- no green eyed monster here.. as i said better team won.....is it too much to expect a little bit of respect from players to players...everybody knows that very few refs can command respect but it is a sad day when the players cant show a little bit of respect to the opposition. puppet question answer.....kermit.... stupid question....stupid answer....

leather
09/11/2005, 8:13 AM
Just heard that the fai junior council have overturned the MFA decisions on the viev V pike and boro. LDMC appealed both these decisions to the fai Junior council. Pike and boro had accepted the Mfa rulings.. LDMC at it again..
By the way Carew park were phoned on sat about a possible Objection againist boro on sunday if things didn't go their way. Guess who made the phone call... all answeres to LDMC jackman park.....

Daydreamer
09/11/2005, 9:37 AM
Lou quigley is 28 not very old considering some of the players
around the town.eg. dave brown the boro 34 at least..

leather
09/11/2005, 9:48 AM
Lou, still a fine , fine, player, not even one of the oldest players with Carew Park...D.Brown is 32, Oldest player on boro squad??? Maybe Alan Sheehan(34). Players can player well into their 30's with a bit of luck and a bit of personal discipline...Kevin Mc Carthy(36 1/2)

HuRya
09/11/2005, 10:29 AM
Just heard that the fai junior council have overturned the MFA decisions on the viev V pike and boro. LDMC appealed both these decisions to the fai Junior council. Pike and boro had accepted the Mfa rulings.. LDMC at it again..
By the way Carew park were phoned on sat about a possible Objection againist boro on sunday if things didn't go their way. Guess who made the phone call... all answeres to LDMC jackman park.....

Jesus, the LDMC are more corrupt than the f****** Kremlin.

Dirk Diggler
09/11/2005, 10:31 AM
Lou, still a fine , fine, player, not even one of the oldest players with Carew Park...D.Brown is 32, Oldest player on boro squad??? Maybe Alan Sheehan(34). Players can player well into their 30's with a bit of luck and a bit of personal discipline...Kevin Mc Carthy(36 1/2)

you'd never think declan considine with pike was 38, still flying fit, will be playing well into his 40's

Dirk Diggler
09/11/2005, 10:32 AM

nice one, the rules are the rules

HuRya
09/11/2005, 10:36 AM
you'd never think declan considine with pike was 38, still flying fit, will be playing well into his 40's

what about Gramps at Regional..cetre-half- can't think of his name.. he's played half their games this season at the ripe old age of 47-yes forty seven.
and Albert Finnan at Park AFC is surely on his way to sorting out his pension fund!

leather
09/11/2005, 10:49 AM
Re: LDMC
a wise man once said "that you get the government that you deserve"....LDMC are a reflection of the clubs that voted these people to promote(ha ha) and administer(no bad) local footbal.It is only a few of the heads in jackman that are not up to it . Let them stick to promoting and administering football HuRya.. Tom Oconnell is the center half...Albert only 35

HuRya
09/11/2005, 10:57 AM
Re: LDMC
a wise man once said "that you get the government that you deserve"....LDMC are a reflection of the clubs that voted these people to promote(ha ha) and administer(no bad) local footbal.It is only a few of the heads in jackman that are not up to it . Let them stick to promoting and administering football HuRya.. Tom Oconnell is the center half...Albert only 35

leather, will you be sending Paddy Cusack a Christmas card for all his hard work this year???

leather
09/11/2005, 11:50 AM
HuRya, will the xmas cards to all of ldmc have to be registered and comply to rule 15. section 12. subsection who cares... I have no beef with P.Cusack... He is no worse than the majority in LDMC, a minority are worse.. That about sums it up...

Monster
09/11/2005, 12:08 PM

Are you sure he is that age - didnt think there was about 10-12 years between him and his brother.

declan hide
09/11/2005, 12:34 PM
does garett ryan still play? the greatest player ever to walk the streets of limerick.

see's it
09/11/2005, 12:36 PM
what about Gramps at Regional..cetre-half- can't think of his name.. he's played half their games this season at the ripe old age of 47-yes forty seven.
and Albert Finnan at Park AFC is surely on his way to sorting out his pension fund!.
Tony Mac is the man in question

Juan Angel
09/11/2005, 3:17 PM
anyone rate a young lad called john boyle from southhill, heard he was the next big thing

lookout
09/11/2005, 4:54 PM

Lads I hope I can still play and run at 30 never mind after that, I think its good that people can still have the energy and most of all the self discipline to keep them selves fit and still have the respect of there team mates, come on now Lads we’ll all b 30 odd somtime,good look to all mentioned although names should not be mentioned in this place, there wives might not no there real age haha conie is not 38.

Mercurial Vapor
09/11/2005, 4:57 PM

Indeed he is and I know for a fact that he celebrated his 50th birthday 3 weeks ago. He only ever drinks on the odd occasion and never smoked. Just shows you what can be achieved if you look after yourself.

lookout
09/11/2005, 5:00 PM
Indeed he is and I know for a fact that he celebrated his 50th birthday 3 weeks ago. He only ever drinks on the odd occasion and never smoked. Just shows you what can be achieved if you look after yourself.
hahahahaha 50 jesus i'll never make that.:)

HuRya
09/11/2005, 5:03 PM

so i gather his centre-back hero isn't Tony Adams then:)

the only 1
09/11/2005, 5:39 PM
:ball: :ball:
anyone rate a young lad called john boyle from southhill, heard he was the next big thing

ya and he has signed for pike rovers

Big Toe
09/11/2005, 10:46 PM
Let it go ....wish Carew well

lim abroad
10/11/2005, 12:24 AM
:ball: :ball:

ya and he has signed for pike rovers
would his da be paddy"the bucket"boyle that played for hill celtic?

Happy Zapper
10/11/2005, 12:58 PM
Gentle Ben..A.Sheehan does not need me to defend him(his record does that) but i have to post a few lines... alan had plenty of chances to leave the boro. many's a year the top clubs in limerick came calling but he stayed loyal to the club that he has played with since he was a kid.What you have said about alan threatening to leave is the biggest load of Cr*p i have read on this threead in a long time. Alan sheehan has spent his life with the boro and has never asked for anything in return ,unlike some of the other so called true boro players who came looking for this and that..

there be gold in them there hills, gentle ben is correct by the way.

Happy Zapper
10/11/2005, 1:02 PM
from a nuetral point of view ,no matter how bad the ref was or was not
it wouldnt have made a difference if their was 2 good refs out on the pitch
yesterday.carew were a much better outfit altogether,the beat boro to every
ball and looked an awful lot fitter aswell, lou quigley marked john lynne out
of the game cant remember him even getting a touch of the ball,anyone any idea who the puppet is that walks up and down the boro side line roaring and
repeating everything the manager says...

the list is endless there

Happy Zapper
10/11/2005, 1:03 PM
Lou quigley is 28 not very old considering some of the players
around the town.eg. dave brown the boro 34 at least..

Dave Browne plays for the B team?

Happy Zapper
10/11/2005, 1:04 PM

Dorian Gray?

Happy Zapper
10/11/2005, 1:09 PM

Boom Boom must have enjoyed that game, putting two past his old club in the FAI

l.f.c......
10/11/2005, 1:26 PM
l.f.c... mark my words lads carew park will beat the boro. carew had alot of big games last season in this comp... and a few in the fai senior playing in front of huge crowds i think that experence will carry them through. iv watched them the last couple of games and there starting to play fantastic football the squad are starting to gel it took a while but its coming together and with the likes of pat mcgarry jason o connor ( top goal scorer in town) johnny corbett (who i think is the best right full in town fantastic player) monty added to an already strong team they will take alot of beaten. IMO

like i told ye lads when the draw was made carew park would beat the boro and wait and see sat... night when the draw is made it will be carew vs balla if im correct about this that proves the draw is a fix for limerick clubs it would be a pity two cracking football teams should be out of town.. carew park have also signed dathi noonan goalkeeper of hill celtic as back up to gordan

the only 1
10/11/2005, 2:52 PM
johnny corbett was the weak link terrible crosser of the ball pike +balla have the league between them dont think any of them would worry if they met carew they will have to much firepower up front for a bad carew defence with pike signing boyle+hunt from limerick under 21s

see's it
10/11/2005, 3:25 PM
Pike,firepower i dont think so.10 goals from 7 league games is a rather poor return.......

HuRya
10/11/2005, 5:38 PM
l.f.c...
carew park have also signed dathi noonan goalkeeper of hill celtic as back up to gordan

does that mean hill celtic are left with Toldo and Tommy Lynch for the no1 shirt for the rest of the season..can't wait to see what happens there:) :)

the only 1
10/11/2005, 6:23 PM
Pike,firepower i dont think so.10 goals from 7 league games is a rather poor return.......

maybe but phelan is back now +the two signings from limerick will only make them stronger they must have the best defence in town also

candystripes
10/11/2005, 6:38 PM
balla were impressive against fairview at the weekend i can see them making it 3 in a row