PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2005/06 (Limerick Section)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

Neutral Jo
18/10/2005, 2:37 PM
OK so we are all in agreement that the referees are bad, incompetent, most of all inconsistent! That drives managers, supporters, players etc mad So does anyone have any suggestions of a way forward? I would like if refs were made more accountable myself. If a ref has a bad game thats the end of it, if a player has a bad game he is dropped! Should there be a system for refs to be marked on a game out of 10 say...
In relation to the Fairview team what about the rest of that minor team? They had a big squad that year of 15 or 16 and only Rosi is left i would say. Why are the rest not there anymore?

shannonsider69
18/10/2005, 2:49 PM
OK so we are all in agreement that the referees are bad, incompetent, most of all inconsistent! That drives managers, supporters, players etc mad So does anyone have any suggestions of a way forward? I would like if refs were made more accountable myself. If a ref has a bad game thats the end of it, if a player has a bad game he is dropped! Should there be a system for refs to be marked on a game out of 10 say...
In relation to the Fairview team what about the rest of that minor team? They had a big squad that year of 15 or 16 and only Rosi is left i would say. Why are the rest not there anymore?

Sounds great in theory Jo but in reality theres a shortage of refs in nearly every league with the LDMC being no exception. If refs were to be suspended or dropped for a week then theyd just go on strike and the entire league would suffer. Its a tricky one but I do agree that something has to be done especially at the top level games. Saw a ref doing an Interfirm game last year threatening to blow the game up with 15 mins to go and giving the win to the team leading 1-0 just because he could "do whatever he wanted to" and was getting some stick for having a really bad game. Now thats just not on :mad:

Neutral Jo
18/10/2005, 2:59 PM
My whole point is that someone said on the thread that ref numbers are dropping. Therefore, what are the options for the future, how many young referees are there coming through? Could it be the case say in 10/15 years that there will be none left? Or does nobody care? After all ther are a vital clog in the wheel! I am trying to establish why the numbers are diminishing so drastically? I personally dont care as i dont play or ref anymore. Just offering some advice.....

widow
18/10/2005, 3:17 PM
IMO players have to start understanding that refs do make mistakes, but when a ref makes an obvious mistake then he should just admit the mistake and change the decision. Too many refs make too many rash decisions, instead they should just take their time when making a decision thats what the advantage rule is there for. Your always going to get crowds and managers shouting at refs, thats never going to change.

Roadend
18/10/2005, 3:25 PM
I was playing a match about 2 years ago where I was calling for offside, called for it three times and was eventually given the free out, and a nice yellow card for calling so "viciferously" for it. Go figure.

Neutral Jo
18/10/2005, 3:35 PM
Either way one team 'coincidentally the team that doesnt win' will blame the ref.. I just think that there is a lack of respect between the two parties (refs + players) Is there any way that the relaationship could be buils up.? Maybe a meeting once a month with club captains or officials for feedback and just to build up a rapport?

Roadend
18/10/2005, 3:58 PM
Either way one team 'coincidentally the team that doesnt win' will blame the ref.. I just think that there is a lack of respect between the two parties (refs + players) Is there any way that the relaationship could be buils up.? Maybe a meeting once a month with club captains or officials for feedback and just to build up a rapport?

Not as long as they have any old eejit thinking he can ref just to get a few handy quid on a Sunday.

HuRya
18/10/2005, 5:47 PM
My whole point is that someone said on the thread that ref numbers are dropping. Therefore, what are the options for the future, how many young referees are there coming through? Could it be the case say in 10/15 years that there will be none left? Or does nobody care? After all ther are a vital clog in the wheel! I am trying to establish why the numbers are diminishing so drastically? I personally dont care as i dont play or ref anymore. Just offering some advice.....

ah my old friend joe..how are kepping?its saying a lot for the bunch we have at the moment that you're running their training and fitness sessions at your mature age.but,fair play-you're a credit to the rest of us.

by the way,what has happened to your local team (with the manholes on their pitch-you know-at the greenhills).they had a fine side a few years back?

ps:i had to have a go at your name..i mean you wern't very NEUTRAL to us in a famous community games final years back in Ballysheedy when you allowed a goal to stand after our keeper was slide-tackled into the net with the ball in his arms..luckily,there was a happy ending as we won on penalties and you went home with a nice match fee!!!:cool: :rolleyes:

Neutral Jo
19/10/2005, 11:32 AM
Well im sorry you feel that way whoareyou but you will have to let stuff like that go if you are going to get anywhere in life. I always did the best i could. What club are you with Coonagh i bet is it? Always bitter!

HuRya
19/10/2005, 11:58 AM
I am getting places in life, joe.
im currently writing up a CV for a possible role in divito's chipper with da boys..
you wont find me there. try getting a hackney cab out to the other side...
hope you are working your magic with the likes of messurs Bourke, Weldon and Kiely and co.i hear their in bad need of it!
great to hear from you by the way..

Neutral Jo
19/10/2005, 12:42 PM
I knew you were a Coonagh man! Ha got you in 1! What are you these days? Doing well for yourself, ha! Still bitter about a match from years ago! Im sure it was a fair decision!! The refs are in pretty good shape il have you know uareu, training for 3 months quite hard!

HuRya
19/10/2005, 1:36 PM
I knew you were a Coonagh man! Ha got you in 1! What are you these days? Doing well for yourself, ha! Still bitter about a match from years ago! Im sure it was a fair decision!! The refs are in pretty good shape il have you know uareu, training for 3 months quite hard!

who said anything about being bitter?we won that final...
who said anything about Coonagh?a caherdavin- coonagh derby is just like the norwich- ipswich rivalry ie:no one gives a s*** about them..
who said anything about the refs being fit?cause the dogs on the street know that they've been watching too many champs league matches on a tuesday night (with a beer in one hand and a muffin in the other) to bother turning up for ye're getogethers.the results speak for themselves on a sunday morning,eh...

so neutral joe, how is morale in the camp at present?paddy collins should bring ye all paintballing or go-carting.that would be good fun:D :D :D

Neutral Jo
19/10/2005, 1:48 PM
Well why are you bringing up the past if you are not bitter still? Football is relative to the supporters who support it young man! It might mean as much to Nowich to beat there rivals as Newcastle to beat Chelsea! Same at all levels.
What club are you from if not Coonagh? You are mad cause i caught you out! Thats all now. The referees do not need moral boosts, just come down to training and you will see the comeradery in the camp! Better than coonaghs anyways!

the only 1
19/10/2005, 2:24 PM
Well why are you bringing up the past if you are not bitter still? Football is relative to the supporters who support it young man! It might mean as much to Nowich to beat there rivals as Newcastle to beat Chelsea! Same at all levels.
What club are you from if not Coonagh? You are mad cause i caught you out! Thats all now. The referees do not need moral boosts, just come down to training and you will see the comeradery in the camp! Better than coonaghs anyways!

lads ye are on abt coonagh+caherdavin cop on they are both shxx teams who will never be anywhere near the top:p

Neutral Jo
19/10/2005, 2:51 PM
We never said we were any good. We are entitled to support who we want! If everyone played a nd supported the big teams there would be no future in the game

Neutral Jo
19/10/2005, 2:51 PM
We never said we were any good. We are entitled to support who we want! If everyone played a nd supported the big teams there would be no future in the game

HuRya
19/10/2005, 3:10 PM

whats this WE about, joe?
Don't blow my up for offside again by claiming that im a Coonagh man..
ive no association what so ever with that club nor will ever have.

Neutral Jo
19/10/2005, 3:20 PM
Honesty is best policy Hugh! I never said i was a davin man either!Im Neutral hense the name!

HuRya
19/10/2005, 3:47 PM
so joe,who, in your opinion,are the best referees at present that the LDMC has to offer?

Neutral Jo
19/10/2005, 3:50 PM
George Clancy, he is the coolest customer in the business

HuRya
19/10/2005, 3:58 PM

ill give you that call but my question was "are the best", not just one..
we want to know, as a NEUTRAL, your top 10 currently refereeing in the Limerick leagues?

Monster
20/10/2005, 7:39 AM
Former ref here,
I stopped refin as its not worth the abuse lads. I disagree that fellas are entitled to shout and roar at a referee if they make a bad decision in their opinion. The refs are doing their best after all. I think rugby is the way forward, they respect the refs decision and only the captain 'questions' talks with the ref. I have yet to see a ref to change his mind cause of some mindless idiot screaming at him. Also, i always subconsciously turned against teams who baraded me for a full 90 minutes. Abusing officials get a team nowhere, thats my outlook. I dont support any team in town but was happy for Boro, Fairview are ageing and i never understood their policy of getting rid of their youth team players. I remember when Frank Stewart and Ros Cosgrave were on a minor team together with Ger Cantillon as manager. Where are those players now?

That was probably the best minot team Fairview had in the last 20 years - most of the players aint even playing anymore

Monster
20/10/2005, 7:51 AM
As for Conor lynch well he just aint good enough anymore - i thought he was supposed to be a boro man.Gets dropped for 1 game and he sulks like a baby and wants to leave - boro are better off getting rid.Only cares about himself.I doubt the likes of Alan Sheehan would have reacted the same if they were dropped.

Neutral Jo
20/10/2005, 9:03 AM
Ya well Fairview should concentrate more on their youth policy and build for the future instead of poaching players from other clubs. This does not lead to loyalty and 100% committment.
As for the referees hugh i dont know anymore cause i dont see many fers in action but from experience, Frank O Neil was always top dog, and Ed Clancy aswell.

francesco_1
20/10/2005, 11:30 AM
frank was the best ref two do the job while standing in the semi circle:rolleyes:

What about noel dunphy he was a fair ref?

Unreal Madrid
20/10/2005, 1:09 PM
As for Conor lynch well he just aint good enough anymore - i thought he was supposed to be a boro man.Gets dropped for 1 game and he sulks like a baby and wants to leave - boro are better off getting rid.Only cares about himself.I doubt the likes of Alan Sheehan would have reacted the same if they were dropped.

Of all the Boro men Lynch should be regarded higher than this. He has been dropped for many a game in the past and has stayed through the rough periods that the boro has gone through. There has been talk before that he was about to leave but he always stayed. If he goes, he is finally thinking about himself for once and he is not leaving the club in dire as they will survive withone him. Makes a change as usually the losing team has a few that walks cause they are too big for the club. Perhaps being left out of the biggest game of the season by another new manager is just too much to take.

Neutral Jo
20/10/2005, 1:25 PM
Didnt see much of Noel so i could not comment too much about him as a ref, i have heard he was good though alright. .

leather
20/10/2005, 1:51 PM
Monster--- very harsh on lynch,Could do a job for boro if he wanted to stay around.His choice...would have been a good teacher for the young guys on how to put the ball in the net!!!!! Unreal Madrid-----lynch has always been highly regarded by boroites, past club actions can testify to that.....

lim abroad
21/10/2005, 1:04 AM
Ya well Fairview should concentrate more on their youth policy and build for the future instead of poaching players from other clubs. This does not lead to loyalty and 100% committment.
As for the referees hugh i dont know anymore cause i dont see many fers in action but from experience, Frank O Neil was always top dog, and Ed Clancy aswell.
sorry jo,think you're way off the mark here,the view have probably got one of the best schoolboy setup's in town,are you sure you don't mean pike rovers?what with the poaching and all that

shannonsider69
21/10/2005, 7:44 AM
Was talking to one of the View lads this morning and hes told me that theyve put in an objection against the Boro after last Sundays loss to them. Centers around Alan Barry and whether hes legal or illegal. Dont think they have a case as hes long gone from Limerick. Touch of sore loser syndrome if you ask me :rolleyes:

Dirk Diggler
21/10/2005, 7:46 AM
strange to see the view objecting.....how the hell could alan barry be illegal??

shannonsider69
21/10/2005, 7:57 AM
No idea Dirk......grasping at straws methinks. Maybe they just dont accept that they were knocked out and beaten by a FAR better team on the day.

leather
21/10/2005, 8:00 AM
question for the boys from the green... can a player play in the FAI senior cup and the FAI junior cup in the same calander year????

lim abroad
21/10/2005, 1:26 PM
ya,the 4 semi finalists go into the senior cup

Monster
21/10/2005, 4:46 PM
Was talking to one of the View lads this morning and hes told me that theyve put in an objection against the Boro after last Sundays loss to them. Centers around Alan Barry and whether hes legal or illegal. Dont think they have a case as hes long gone from Limerick. Touch of sore loser syndrome if you ask me :rolleyes:

I have just talked to Frank Gerrard the fairview secretary and he knows nothing of any objection and since he is the 1 who would have to send in the form its quite possible it is bull.

Monster
21/10/2005, 4:52 PM
I think you will find that the objection talk is all a wind up

abbeyvale
21/10/2005, 6:17 PM
I think you will find that the objection talk is all a wind up

Alan Barry is legal anyway, coz when he left Limerick he signed with Breska out in the bog for the rest of last season. Which would make him totally legal for this season.

widow
24/10/2005, 3:18 PM
When's the next round fixed for?

CousinSylDolan
24/10/2005, 3:21 PM
When's the next round fixed for?

LIMERICK

Park Rangers v Hill Celtic.
Herbertstown v Regional Utd.
Athlunkard Villa v ULAishling Annacotty
Star Rovers v Shelbourne F.C.
Distillery Utd. v Holycross F.C.
Carew Park F.C. v Janesboro
Prospect Priory v Mungret Regional
Kilteely v St.Patricks F.C.
Pike Rovers v Caherdavin Clt.
Moyross or Summerville Rvs. v Ballynanty Rvs.

TO BE PLAYED ON OR BEFORE 5/6 November2005

Gentle Ben
01/11/2005, 3:59 PM

monster you would have to be a janesboro supporter to say something like that - never "best of luck to the guy", did the same player not score over 25 goals a year for your club for years on end. Then you go on to compare him to alan sheehan - i wonder are you a janesboro supporter after all because if you were you would know that alan sheehan threatened to leave the club on more than one occasion when he was dropped. now who's the club man???

Gentle Ben
01/11/2005, 4:01 PM

best forehead in the business, just ask M Reddan.

leather
02/11/2005, 6:26 AM
Gentle Ben..A.Sheehan does not need me to defend him(his record does that) but i have to post a few lines... alan had plenty of chances to leave the boro. many's a year the top clubs in limerick came calling but he stayed loyal to the club that he has played with since he was a kid.What you have said about alan threatening to leave is the biggest load of Cr*p i have read on this threead in a long time. Alan sheehan has spent his life with the boro and has never asked for anything in return ,unlike some of the other so called true boro players who came looking for this and that..

leather
02/11/2005, 6:30 AM
Ben.. lynch was released with the no annimosity by the boro. he was wished well on his merry way... it seems to me that the only people who sulk are guys who dont get their own way.the boro have had a few of those over the years... lynch did get lots of goals for the boro, but maybe you might ask him if he was "appreciated" by the club for this effort....

widow
02/11/2005, 8:01 AM
Any news on the big game sunday boro v carew...any injuries?

maestro
02/11/2005, 4:10 PM
Don't you mean 'Boro versus the Oscar Traynor Side? No pike players and one fairview player - what a joke! How does Reddan get away with it? A back 4 of all centre halves - you couldnt make it up

shannonsider69
02/11/2005, 4:21 PM
He gets away with it cos no one gives a toss about the competition. As for the game itself, heard the Boro might be missing a few. Saw Alan Barry getting a nasty one last Sunday and maybe another player or two missing :ball:

widow
04/11/2005, 9:19 AM
its a tough one to predict, think carew might out muscle boro. think it'll be close but with goals, maybe 2-1 or 3-2 to carew

Monster
04/11/2005, 11:36 AM
Herad a rumour that the boro could be looking for the game off as they have a couple of injuries - the only way they could do this is if they say the pitch is unplayable.If My sources are correct them Martin Reddan has asked Eamon Heffernan for fairviews pitch as back up as i believe carew are the home side.Can any1 tell me if this is true/false.

widow
04/11/2005, 12:45 PM
can't see him giving them the pitch if the view are playing balla there that morning. With the amount of rain thats fallen, the pitch couldn't take two games

Big Toe
07/11/2005, 11:57 AM
Anyone at the Boro v Carew match i wasn't there but as the rumours have it the ref might as well have had on a Carew jersey