PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2005/06 (Limerick Section)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

leather
22/09/2005, 9:42 AM
joesoap....On what the problem was, I heard that it had something to do with being registered in two leagues during the same season, I.E. el and ldmc. No transfer between leagues had been completed. Thats all that i heard...........

water boy
22/09/2005, 9:53 AM
joesoap....On what the problem was, I heard that it had something to do with being registered in two leagues during the same season, I.E. el and ldmc. No transfer between leagues had been completed. Thats all that i heard...........

fai say that release form is all that is needed for ex-loi players to play junior football.....

ldmc say that there is a transer form is needed too....

suppose this debate will go on and on and on as usual....

joeSoap
22/09/2005, 10:06 AM
Sounds like the LDMC are being their usual bigoted, ignorant, autocratic self, trying to stop fellas kicking a ball on a Sunday morning. Quite pathetic really.

The question is: Who are the LDMC answerable to? Surely the FAI Junior Council, ergo they should be made to comply with standard rules. But they always seem to have their own rules and agendas.

Wan kers!!

Happy Zapper
22/09/2005, 10:34 AM
Sounds like the LDMC are being their usual bigoted, ignorant, autocratic self, trying to stop fellas kicking a ball on a Sunday morning. Quite pathetic really.

The question is: Who are the LDMC answerable to? Surely the FAI Junior Council, ergo they should be made to comply with standard rules. But they always seem to have their own rules and agendas.

Wan kers!!

Could not agree more, the LDMC run their shop like a corner shop in the 70's. Look at the oscar traynor set up, show me some incentive for a player to play in that. What incentive is there for a club to win the local cups? What money are they attracting to the game and compare this to the Rugby scene in Limerick. Its controversy after controversy. And whats the story with sunday morning games? why not play them on a sat evening, makes a whole lot of sense to me from a players and a clubs view.

Muppets

leather
22/09/2005, 10:43 AM
Happy Zapper, might nor agree with all your posts but can't disagree with this one...Sat evening matches is an excellent idea.. Just look at the state of the jackman park setup to see how competent the ldmc are... 10-20 matches a year, mostly in the srping / summer time and the pitch is the pits.....How many oscar traynor matches(youth and junior) have had to be transferred in the last few year.i have heard some priceless excuses from ldmc members as to the problems with the pitch. look at all the money that has been spent on it and guess what, it is closed again.....Fai semi last year was in doubt over the state of the place.......You dont see the pike,boro or the Fairgreen in that state and they get matches nearly all year round(including ldmc matches)......

shelbourne1904
22/09/2005, 11:09 AM
Once again the LDMC shows itself to be a laughing stock.Why was it not made clear to Fairview and everybody else what the procedure was??Why ,if and when they did something wrong,was it not pointed out to them by the League??Why did the League let them continue to play the players if they were illegal??Does the LDMC thrive on entrapment??By Law that can be construed as illegal in itself.Will the League committee members be held responsible for not informing Fairview??Will the governing body,the FAI,step in and insist sense prevails????
Why is the word "FOOTBALL" not included in the name of the Limerick football league??
Is this sport or a power struggle for little men??
Its oh so sad!!!

water boy
22/09/2005, 11:21 AM
would i be right in saying that there are 7 games played by fairview in league so far......why is all this just being delt with now.......

are any other clubs with ex-loi players......

did they get different info to fairview about rules of signing loi players????

larrywhite
22/09/2005, 2:42 PM
I heard that a club in 1A had put in an objection against Corbally. They have signed a few players from the u21 EL and supposedly the same mistakes were made with the paperwork.

Dont know if it has been resolved yet.

Gentle Ben
22/09/2005, 3:52 PM
"a power struggle for little men" I think you are on the ball with that one.

Pay someone with a business brain to run the show - compete with the GAA and with Rugby in the city, there is alot of untapped potential gone to waste over the years and will continue to go once the same people stay in charge.

lim abroad
23/09/2005, 12:53 AM
i think it's sad that teams beaten on the field have to go studying the rulebooks in order to get points,it would be a different story if these players were not allowed to play junior football period but the fact is that they'll be playing for the view,corbally or whoever for the rest of the season anyway

water boy
23/09/2005, 8:00 AM
is this only in the league that ex-loi players can't play or is it fai junior cup aswell.......

also,,did pike have a player that scored hatrick at weekend who was loi last year,,did pike get points dropped,,,or did they just have all paperwork up to scratch,,if so how come the view got it wrong. :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

leather
23/09/2005, 8:21 AM
WB, Actually saw the new FAI rulebook last evening... It states that any player who has not played senior football for the period of the previous 12 months will be classed as a junior player. He is no longer classed as a senior player. The player that scored the hat-trick was a signed senior player no more than a few months ago. I imagine that pike actually had the player transferred...he would still be classed as a senior player for FAI, MJC....there are a limit to the amount of senior players that can be on the card in both of these comp's

barryk
23/09/2005, 10:31 AM

Wan kers!!

Joe
Far be it from me to take the LDMC line but I think they are unfair whipping boys on this occasion. Clubs voted in the rules that are in place in LDMC rulebook.
The rules are clear about requirements. Pike and Corbally did their work properly. Fairview were advised by Hill Celtic prior to taking the field that they were illegal but chose to ignore it.
Brendan Hughes did not even have his release form for that game.
The council are dealing with objections brought before them. If they were to penalise Fairview for games where they have not received objections they would be accused of harrassing Fairview. I have spoken to Fairview members who are ****ed with committee for the arrogance they have shown in relation to rules. They prefer to contact FAI (where incidentally there is no such counter rule).
All it takes is for clubs to change rules if they are unhappy.
bk

water boy
23/09/2005, 11:03 AM
is it 9 points that have been deducted...

would leave the view in mid table...

very costly

widow
23/09/2005, 11:27 AM
if the three games are hill celtic, boro and pike, they'll only lose 5 points, but those teams will be awarded the points, bit unfair on the other teams they played

Goals4fun
23/09/2005, 2:33 PM
if the three games are hill celtic, boro and pike, they'll only lose 5 points, but those teams will be awarded the points, bit unfair on the other teams they played

it should be all or nothing !

widow
03/10/2005, 11:32 AM
any scores from this weekends premier games?

Bonovox
03/10/2005, 11:53 AM
Carew 1 Hill Celtic 1
Park 0 Pike 1
Charleville 1 Fairview 2
Janesboro 1 Granville Rgs 4
UL/AA 2 Regional 3
Mungret 1 Ballynanty Rvs. 3

widow
03/10/2005, 3:28 PM
shock result for boro, granville are playing well in fairness. Thats two big scalps for them so far this year...balla and boro

widow
03/10/2005, 3:29 PM
would this league table be right?

Boro 7 16
Balla 8 16
Pike 6 15
Fairview 8 15
Carew 8 13
Granville 8 11
Regional 7 9
Hill Celtic 7 8
Charleville 7 7
Park 7 5
ULAA 6 3
Mungret 7 1

Prem Rep!
03/10/2005, 3:34 PM
Who did the scoring for Granville yesterday?

Bonovox
03/10/2005, 4:56 PM
Janesboro 7 5 1 1 16
Ballynanty Rvs 8 5 1 2 16
Fairview Rangers 8 5 0 3 15
Pike Rovers 6 5 0 1 15
Granville Rgs 9 4 2 3 14
Carew Park 8 3 4 1 13
Regional 7 2 3 2 9
Hill Celtic 9 2 3 4 9
Park Rangers 8 2 2 4 8
Charleville 7 2 1 4 7
UL/Aisling 6 1 0 5 3
Mungret Regional 7 0 1 6 1

leather
04/10/2005, 6:37 AM
saw most of boro v granville on sunday.Fair play to Granville.. great attitude, fought for everything and got their just rewards. Young judge was oustanding...boro will need to improve if they are too have any chance v view

water boy
04/10/2005, 9:04 AM
Anybody Got Fixtures For Weekend

leather
04/10/2005, 9:17 AM
Boro v View 2.30pm boro club

Unreal Madrid
04/10/2005, 9:31 AM
Anybody Got Fixtures For Weekend

Fai:

Boro v View. 2 30. Cracker
Dines v Carew. Shock after last week?
Pike v Lisnagry. Lisnagry get a chance to see how many players they can finish with:eek:

No other decent games.

Prem:

Regional v M Regional
Charlivelle v Granville

water boy
04/10/2005, 10:31 AM
Fai:

Pike v Lisnagry. Lisnagry get a chance to see how many players they can finish with:eek:

No other decent games.

Prem:

Regional v M Regional
Charlivelle v Granville

ARE YOU SURE FAI IS FIXED FOR THIS WEEKEND COMING....

I JUST LOOKED UP FAI JUNIOR CUP THREAD AND IT SAYS THESE MATCHES ARE FIXED FOR WEEKEND 16TH OF OCT.

abbeyvale
04/10/2005, 11:05 AM
Fai:

No other decent games.

Prem:

Regional v M Regional
Charlivelle v Granville

Mike Carey, Johnny Carey & Lou Quigley all return to play against one of their former clubs in the Dines in the FAI.
Prediction: Dines 0-3 Carew Park

abbeyvale
04/10/2005, 11:06 AM
Mike Carey, Johnny Carey & Lou Quigley all return to play against one of their former clubs in the Dines in the FAI.
Prediction: Dines 0-3 Carew Park

& Pa Mcgarry

Unreal Madrid
04/10/2005, 11:47 AM
& Pa Mcgarry

He goes back to one of his old clubs most weeks:)

Unreal Madrid
04/10/2005, 11:54 AM
ARE YOU SURE FAI IS FIXED FOR THIS WEEKEND COMING....

I JUST LOOKED UP FAI JUNIOR CUP THREAD AND IT SAYS THESE MATCHES ARE FIXED FOR WEEKEND 16TH OF OCT.

Yip, fixtures are in today's Daily Star. I think that the dates you are looking at are when they must be played by but they can go ahead before then.

Nearly all other areas do not have FAI games, which is probally why the LDMC fixed ours for this week. Don't they just love to be different :rolleyes:

abbeyvale
05/10/2005, 12:19 PM
He goes back to one of his old clubs most weeks:)

true, very true

water boy
14/10/2005, 9:27 AM
Boro v View at the Boro Club sunday.

should be a good encounter.

CousinSylDolan
14/10/2005, 9:59 AM
Boro v View at the Boro Club sunday.

should be a good encounter.

Who are the favourites... Hard to call I suppose. All on the day.

I presume the problem the the former LOI players has been resolved and Hughes and them are eligible to play...

water boy
14/10/2005, 10:36 AM
Who are the favourites... Hard to call I suppose. All on the day.

I presume the problem the the former LOI players has been resolved and Hughes and them are eligible to play...

couldn't say who favourites are....i say it will go down to who wants it more..

don't know about ex loi players...i'd say it is sorted..

is there any other fai games on weekend

Unreal Madrid
14/10/2005, 10:53 AM
couldn't say who favourites are....i say it will go down to who wants it more..

don't know about ex loi players...i'd say it is sorted..

is there any other fai games on weekend

Only 2 other Limerick games to be decided.

Regional v Corbally and Mungret are away to Murroe (I think)

Fai games on everywhere else outside Limerick.

Think the Views greater 'big' game experience will shade it, may go all the way to pens.

water boy
14/10/2005, 11:14 AM

Think the Views greater 'big' game experience will shade it, may go all the way to pens.

Ah my old friend unreal,

any players missing...

Unreal Madrid
14/10/2005, 11:31 AM
Ah my old friend unreal,

any players missing...

Don't know, I could guess but I'd be just talking through my .... :)

Good to see were back to the footie.

leather
14/10/2005, 11:33 AM
Barry conway is missing for the boro..... on hols

water boy
14/10/2005, 3:16 PM
Don't know, I could guess but I'd be just talking through my .... :)

Good to see were back to the footie.

its all about the footie...your dead right...do you play

abbeyvale
14/10/2005, 7:50 PM

Your correct about the Mungret fixture.
The way they are playing Murroe might give them a game!!!

lim abroad
15/10/2005, 11:21 PM
anyone goin to the boro v view ? here's hoping its a cracker

Unreal Madrid
16/10/2005, 12:24 PM
FAI Second Round:

Regional 3 1 Corbally
Murroe 1 3 Mungret (Jaws get's his first win)

progress
16/10/2005, 5:31 PM
was the boro - view match on today or next week

Unreal Madrid
16/10/2005, 9:19 PM
was the boro - view match on today or next week

Was on this afternoon, Fairview were beaten.

lim abroad
16/10/2005, 9:47 PM
what was the score?

summervilleman
17/10/2005, 12:28 AM
2-1 to the boro i think it was!!!

lim abroad
17/10/2005, 12:53 AM
ooohhhhhh nnnnnnnnoooooooo.always next year i suppose,cheers summervilleman

leather
17/10/2005, 6:25 AM
2-1 yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Mark_no9
17/10/2005, 7:21 AM
Was at the match , Boro full value for their win. they were much hungrier. 1-1 at half time,Boro could have gone in at least 2 goals up. Their keeper at fault for the View equaliser and they missed at least 2 sitters. Secound half was much the same the Boro getting the better chances...Mistake by view centre half left Alan Barry in for a well taken winner....Boro well deserved winners...