PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2005/06 (Limerick Section)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

First
13/09/2005, 1:57 PM
ya he did, why?

Poaching

water boy
13/09/2005, 2:18 PM
....any luck with the limerick league table,results,etc. on a2zsoccer

i see most of the leagues in the country have them up on a2zsoccer.

are the limerick league reps that bad that they haven't thought of using a2z already

any news

shannonsider69
14/09/2005, 10:42 AM
Was talking to one of the Boro lads last night and it seems Alan Barry hasnt left the club afterall. He was spotted at training last night and has committed himself to the Boro for the season. Rumours of him going to Pike were spread by Pa Mul and a few others. With four wins and 2 draws away to View and Carew theyre doing nicely. Have a nice blend of old and new there in the squad as well and nobodys even mentioning them :confused:

leather
14/09/2005, 1:03 PM
Alan Barry was training with the boro last night and put in a good session.Have to agree with shannonsider69, good young and dedicated bunch.Quote from Dirk Diggler "Alan Barry transfered from boro to pike yesterday".......
Dirk, lets not spread rumours on this thread......any truth that certain players joined pike for the weekly travel expenses...........????

Dirk Diggler
14/09/2005, 1:43 PM
Alan Barry was training with the boro last night and put in a good session.Have to agree with shannonsider69, good young and dedicated bunch.Quote from Dirk Diggler "Alan Barry transfered from boro to pike yesterday".......
Dirk, lets not spread rumours on this thread......any truth that certain players joined pike for the weekly travel expenses...........????

Was only goin on what the man himself had told me

Dirk Diggler
14/09/2005, 2:06 PM
players signing for pike for the weekly travel expsenses, hahaha ya thats why some of the lads who have to travel in signed for pike

boro obviously offered alan something to stay on, thats their business good luck to them for the season

Monster
14/09/2005, 10:38 PM
Paddy mitchell who played with Pike last season has signed with fairview

lim abroad
14/09/2005, 11:21 PM
Paddy mitchell who played with Pike last season has signed with fairview
good signing

Roadend
15/09/2005, 8:25 AM
boro obviously offered alan something to stay on, thats their business good luck to them for the season

It wouldn't be the first time boro have had to offer something to a player.

shannonsider69
15/09/2005, 8:35 AM
......lets not make smart comments without something to back them up eh? :confused:

Roadend
15/09/2005, 9:04 AM
I've seen the shennanigans with my own eyes.

widow
15/09/2005, 12:27 PM
Paddy mitchell gone to fairview, he wasn't really getting on last year with pike as far as I know, dara droog was keeping him out most of the time....good signing for the view tho. I thought he had signed with pike this year, did he get a transfer to fairview or hadn't he signed with pike

water boy
15/09/2005, 3:42 PM
any views on who you think will go out of town???

could be a few upsets :o :o :o :eek: :eek:

abbeyvale
15/09/2005, 5:49 PM
Paddy mitchell gone to fairview, he wasn't really getting on last year with pike as far as I know, dara droog was keeping him out most of the time....good signing for the view tho. I thought he had signed with pike this year, did he get a transfer to fairview or hadn't he signed with pike

Getting a transfer from Pike to the View, that takes some balls.
I would have liked to hear what the Pike committe had to say about that one.

abbeyvale
15/09/2005, 5:50 PM
any views on who you think will go out of town???

could be a few upsets :o :o :o :eek: :eek:

Star to get out of town in both FAI & Munster Junior

lim abroad
16/09/2005, 12:11 AM
he was originally supposed to sign for the view a few seasons back from mungret but turned them down to go to pike,pity really cos he could have had a few fai's by now

the 12 th man
16/09/2005, 6:47 AM
Next person to name another player here,accusing him of being paid to play will be banned.

Its a libellous thing to do.

Thread closed.

clownboy
16/09/2005, 7:06 AM
:D :D :D They must have very easy draws in all the round because they are useless :o

Unreal Madrid
16/09/2005, 1:21 PM
Fairview should take care of Boro, lot of the Boro new signings (good but Div1a) dont have the same experience as the view (ex loi). So View, Pike, Balla (if they dont meet) and 1 section of the draw will always allow someone to sneak out (Granville, Corbally and Park recently). Mj has been drawn to the out of town stages. Boro dont have to meet any prem team in their section while one section has no prem team in it (It has Corbally, Kilmallock, Shels and Bruff as well as lower down)

leather
16/09/2005, 1:28 PM
john lynne, alan barry div1a... i dont think so. boro missing holla,lawlor to get match fit. view missing f.browne . i saw match last thursday night.... **** all between both teams, if both teams progress pat 1st round match fixed for boro.. 50- 50 me thinks...

Unreal Madrid
16/09/2005, 1:41 PM
Barry has had a host of clubs and has prob more red cards than prem goals. He did well for Abbey in Div 1a. Sherlock is a good signing but has only played 1a. Agree there is very little between sides and Boro will push to win the league but in a Fai game experience will get the view through.

Roadend
16/09/2005, 2:20 PM
Barry has had a host of clubs and has prob more red cards than prem goals. He did well for Abbey in Div 1a. Sherlock is a good signing but has only played 1a. Agree there is very little between sides and Boro will push to win the league but in a Fai game experience will get the view through.

Am, Sherlock played premier with Corbally a few seasons back, you'll find.

Unreal Madrid
16/09/2005, 2:35 PM
I stand corrected.

Happy Zapper
16/09/2005, 3:29 PM
Am, Sherlock played premier with Corbally a few seasons back, you'll find.

And got relegated?

Roadend
16/09/2005, 4:04 PM
And got relegated?

That's besides the point

the 12 th man
16/09/2005, 4:16 PM
Threads merged,
keep it clean lads.........there will be bans next time...

Monster
18/09/2005, 4:59 PM
john lynne, alan barry div1a... i dont think so. boro missing holla,lawlor to get match fit. view missing f.browne . i saw match last thursday night.... **** all between both teams, if both teams progress pat 1st round match fixed for boro.. 50- 50 me thinks...

Jason Purcell , Kevin Mc Carthy and Barry Heffernan on the bench - 3 Irish junior Internationals - Dont think they will be on the bench come the big FAI clash and i severly doubt Boro have what it takes to beat Fairview having seen both teams on Numerous occasions this season - If you can get evens about fairview advancing then you should take as much of it as you can.

water boy
19/09/2005, 7:52 AM
any results from fai games over the week end...any big upsets

clownboy
19/09/2005, 8:35 AM
No shocks all the top teams won comfortably..fAIRVIEW 6-0 BORO 7-0 AND Pike 5-0.i know that Balla were 3-0 up at one stage too, UL Aisling and Carew was abandoned before half time carew were leading 3-2 Ul manager Threatened the Ref apparantly.

backodanet
19/09/2005, 8:49 AM
only shocks
holycross beat caharleville
corbally beat granville

other
pike beat wembley 4 - 0
balla beat glenview 7 - 0
boro beat caherconlish 7 - 1
view beat st pauls 6 - 0
park won also

abbeyvale
19/09/2005, 9:27 AM
No shocks all the top teams won comfortably..fAIRVIEW 6-0 BORO 7-0 AND Pike 5-0.i know that Balla were 3-0 up at one stage too, UL Aisling and Carew was abandoned before half time carew were leading 3-2 Ul manager Threatened the Ref apparantly.

The Carew v UL game was abbandoned after 25mins, UL committe member (not manager) threatened the ref after Gordon Stewart had a late challenge on the UL forward.
Carew were 3-0 up after 10mins, and UL pulled it back to 3-2.
Denis Whelan & Paul Quinn have both received 4month bans and Albert Slattery has received a 4 week ban. (all in relation to last season FAI), Jason O'Connor has als received a 1 week ban, and Carew have also confirmed the signing of Thomas Butler (aka Monty) from Balla.

water boy
19/09/2005, 9:46 AM
The Carew v UL game was abbandoned after 25mins, UL committe member (not manager) threatened the ref after Gordon Stewart had a late challenge on the UL forward.
Carew were 3-0 up after 10mins, and UL pulled it back to 3-2.
Denis Whelan & Paul Quinn have both received 4month bans and Albert Slattery has received a 4 week ban. (all in relation to last season FAI), Jason O'Connor has als received a 1 week ban, and Carew have also confirmed the signing of Thomas Butler (aka Monty) from Balla.

are they banned as of now

abbeyvale
19/09/2005, 11:24 AM

As far as I know they are

Unreal Madrid
19/09/2005, 1:55 PM
Was at the Granville v Corbally game. Good to see both teams trying to play football and hoofing only occured as a last resort. Corbally looked good but very lightweight. Both teams missed a penalty, corbally scored from the rebound while Granville put theirs wide. Corbally won in extra time even though they were down to 10 men.

By the way, Joe Hannon played yesterday for the view but no Brendan Hughes, Mike Ahern or Frank Brown. Is there some rule still in place with regard to ex LOI in the Fai?

Gentle Ben
20/09/2005, 2:36 PM

No surprises there,

ULAA dont seem to be doing so well and it looks like its going to be a battle between themselves and Hill Celtic for the drop.

dark one
20/09/2005, 4:36 PM
throw mungret granville regional and charleville in there too - the league spilt in two half for the title half for relegation

Gentle Ben
21/09/2005, 11:15 AM
dont think its as clear cut as that dark one

leather
21/09/2005, 11:38 AM
Hill celtic got the 3 points from the fairview match. might be vital in the end for both

CousinSylDolan
21/09/2005, 11:49 AM
Hill celtic got the 3 points from the fairview match. might be vital in the end for both

I presume Park Rangers got them also...

Fairview had won more than 2 games though so can someone explain who gets points and who does not and why...

leather
21/09/2005, 12:28 PM
as far as i know Park did not object againist fairview. news on the vine suggests that Hil celtic, pike and boro objected, all 3 upheld. Won't belive that untill it is official...

Goals4fun
21/09/2005, 1:18 PM
as far as i know Park did not object againist fairview. news on the vine suggests that Hil celtic, pike and boro objected, all 3 upheld. Won't belive that untill it is official...

if the players were illegal why should all the teams have to appeal. Typical crap.
The ldmc should award the points to all the other teams.
So if you break the law and nobody squeals then it is ok ?

dark one
21/09/2005, 1:33 PM
Fairview should be deducted points rather than other teams getting them
Thats the way it works at senior level. This thing with LOI players coming back and also with the U 21 players has to be sorted out. The rules are there in black and white why is there appeals at all either they are right or wrong.
I blame the half arsed LDMC making it up as they go along as usual

abbeyvale
21/09/2005, 1:49 PM
Fairview should be deducted points rather than other teams getting them
Thats the way it works at senior level. This thing with LOI players coming back and also with the U 21 players has to be sorted out. The rules are there in black and white why is there appeals at all either they are right or wrong.
I blame the half arsed LDMC making it up as they go along as usual

Fairview have had enough players coming and going to LOI clubs over the years and surely knew what the rules were???

leather
21/09/2005, 2:11 PM
Abbeyvale.....Very good point...They seem to have know the rules governing pitches(garryowen green).... just a guess, but maybe it was because the leagues did not overlap.... summer loi football...

Dirk Diggler
21/09/2005, 2:21 PM
Pike didn't object, even tho we knew the story and brendan hughes scored 2 against us in a 2-2 draw....I agree that none of the other teams should get the points

Dirk Diggler
21/09/2005, 2:22 PM
Fairview have being deducted 9 points not 6, just heard

lim abroad
21/09/2005, 8:38 PM
there's always some controversy surrounding this league,granted it's fairview's own fault but surely someone in the ldmc could've pointed it out to them before a ball was ever kicked. anyway they should either take all the points off them or none at all,surely its not fair if only some of the teams benefit from this :confused:

leather
22/09/2005, 6:15 AM
Pike did object and have recieved the 3 points from the 2 - 2 draw............

water boy
22/09/2005, 8:13 AM
Pike did object and have recieved the 3 points from the 2 - 2 draw............

how does this leave league table

joeSoap
22/09/2005, 9:30 AM
Can someone please explain why Fairview have been deducted these points? What players were supposedly illegal?