PDA

View Full Version : Champions league

Colm
21/04/2002, 5:47 PM
Just wondering who do you think will make it to the final in Hampden Park?

Personally, I reckon Man U will overcome Leverkusen
Barca- Real is much harder to call, Im backing Real to win by the slightest of margins.

pete
21/04/2002, 8:27 PM
I don't think manchester are the hot favourites everyone thinks they are. Without beckham & keane their midfield will be badly lacking. Unless manchester win by at least 2 goals leverkusen could tear them apart in the away leg with keane missing.

I predict Ze Roberto (hopefully) to leave Gary Neville trailing on his ass many times. :D

Real have to be favourites to beat barca but who knows. Tuesdays game should be a cracker though.

Éanna
22/04/2002, 12:39 PM
I think Ze Roberto is the key to it. He can destroy Neville if he wants to, but seeing as he's apparently on his way to bayern, will he want to? Funny that when Real signed Ze Roberto a few years back from Brazil, he looked average at best and was got rid of very quickly- now he could come back to haunt them! I think Real will beat barca. Real look like they might miss out on the title and it's their centenary year so they'll want at least 1 major trophy. Also, barca seem to be in disarray at the moment, and Rivaldo looked like he took a knock on saturday night- if he's out, they can forget it.

City Fan
23/04/2002, 9:53 AM
Reckon the Scum will just about squeeze their way past Leverkusen if reports of Keanos quick recovery are to be believed. Real to edge out Barca by a goal or two.
Real to win their 9th title at Hampden.

Éanna
23/04/2002, 12:15 PM
Well, I've no chance of seeing the Barca -v-Real game tonight. I'm workin and the boss will be watchin his beloved blackburn :( I'm sure it'll be just as entertaining :rolleyes: