PDA

View Full Version : Old Firm game marred by stupidity.

Éanna
21/04/2002, 3:03 PM
Anyone else see the game? The ref was absolutely woeful. For what is one of the most volatile games in the world, I thought the players were very controlled yet he still managed to send 3 off. The only 1 who should have gone was Ricksen. add to that the fact that he failed to book rangers players for a number of bad tackles in the first half and didn't award an obvious penalty when Boyd took Flo out. Are you Hanlon in disguise?

Colm
21/04/2002, 6:23 PM
In his post match interview, Martin O'Neill said he was disappointed in the ref, he felt that Mjallby was only defending himself and that Hartson was just trying to seperate other players.

My own opinion is that the ref should have shown some common sense. I feel that at such a late stage in the game 3 bookings would have sorted the situation out. None of the offences merited red cards, the ref's actions were ridiculous.

pete
21/04/2002, 9:23 PM
Who are these "old firm" ;)

Was there a big game on today?

:eek:

Éanna
22/04/2002, 1:34 PM
believe me Pete, it's nothing like watching City, but when you've no match to go to at the weekend, you'll watch whatever you can!

City Fan
23/04/2002, 10:49 AM
Absolutely stupid refereeing. Maybe Hartson didn't help the situation with the way he ran in on top of Klos, but it still doesn't justify the ref's actions. 3 red cards in the last minute is a bit extreme to put it mildly and is proof of the desperate actions of a man who obviously lost any control he had over the game at a very early stage.

Hanlon in disguise? No doubt about it.

Éanna
23/04/2002, 1:10 PM
If he had got his cards out earlier it wouldn't have happened. Amoruso had his hands on every jersey he could- he drives me mad, he's such a cheat:mad: