PDA

View Full Version : Advocaat to coach South Korea

superfrank
13/09/2005, 8:13 PM
Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4240034.stm)

I don't like Advocaat and if I'm right in the past 14 months (July 2004-September 2005), he's been in four different jobs. Netherlands, Borussia Monchengladbach, UAE and now South Korea.

I think he's not the strictest coach and he doesn't have alot of respect in most jobs he's been at (Netherlands, Borussia & Rangers). I remember hearing the Dutch team practically picked themselves in the Euros in 2004.

I think South Korea should've stuck with Guus Hiddink when they had him.

Anyway, South Korea have already qualified for the WC so he won't have much to do til then.

tetsujin1979
13/09/2005, 11:56 PM
He created massive divsions in the Rangers dressing room by buying more and more Dutch players, a dutch coach, and speaking to them in Dutch, rather than English.

Stuttgart88
14/09/2005, 8:07 AM
I think South Korea should've stuck with Guus Hiddink when they had him.

Was it that simple? I thought he left to go back to PSV & is managing Australia on a part-time basis.

Hiddink is one of the world's best coaches in my view.

I thought Troussier had gone to Sth Korea. I'm obviously wrong, but does anyone know where he is now?

wallis
14/09/2005, 8:35 AM
Was it that simple? I thought he left to go back to PSV & is managing Australia on a part-time basis.

Hiddink is one of the world's best coaches in my view.

I thought Troussier had gone to Sth Korea. I'm obviously wrong, but does anyone know where he is now?

I think Troussier is now coaching Nigeria

tetsujin1979
14/09/2005, 9:32 AM

His contract ended and he didn't want to stay in South Korea so he moved home. Pretty simple really. They wanted him to stay - even offered honorary citizenship - but he politely refused and went back to Holland

superfrank
14/09/2005, 12:52 PM
I think Troussier is now coaching Nigeria
You're right. He was at Marseille last season.