PDA

View Full Version : What match was i at?????????????????

Citygirl
18/06/2001, 9:10 PM
If Conor George was out at the cross on saturday watching the city game then god only knows what match i was at!!!!!

"Freyne, affectionately known as the Darby O'Gill of Irish Football, teased, tormented and frustrated the opposition with his silken skill" ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

"Buckley captured the very essence of a tough tackling, no-nonsense work-horse midfielder with his charging runs from box to box"?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

"The Cork trio of Freyne, Herrick and Buckley were, simply put, majestic"

No offence like but majestic????????

It's a wonder that he didnt write about how fantastic Hartigan was up front on his own....You know how he had so many wonderful chances denied by metalurgs goalkeeper and how he skillfully glided through the defence time and time again.................................. ;)

Éanna
19/06/2001, 1:22 AM
No Erika, we were at the match at Turners Cross. Liam Murphy and Conor george were at an imaginary game where City played majestic football only to be denied by misfortune- apparently Mick McCarthy was providing the half-time analysis with Strange Bob off of Harry Enfield. That was also the game where Noel Hartigan is a soccer player and Patsy, Skippy and Johnny C aren't past it and 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 are so alike that we mere football fans get confused.

pete
19/06/2001, 10:33 AM
Patsy & Bucks had good games but "majestic" :rolleyes: They were only playing against a latvian team!!!!

Jim Smith
19/06/2001, 12:11 PM
I agree that Bucks had a good game. If he seemed to hesitate in releasing the ball in the first half it was because Hartigan and Caufield were in offside positions. It would be interesting to see what sort of player he is when he has a regular settled position in the team.

Leonard
19/06/2001, 1:48 PM
My opinions of Conor George earned me a second warning, the "co*k sucking piece of sh*t" (that's a quote from an earlier signing, and so can't legally earn me a third warning, ha!)
It's time the local media started actually reporting on the local club rather than spinning out the rubbish the club give them. Some nice, tasty "Herrick Gave Me Greatest Night of Passion in My Life" says lapdancer, or something.
Or they could start a campaign to sack the board.

Éanna
19/06/2001, 5:39 PM
Surely, not even the club could have come out with that level of stupidity! It's standard practice for george to come out with this kind of rubbish, why anyone reads it at this stage I don't know.