PDA

View Full Version : UCD game friday

seagulls nest
13/09/2005, 10:52 AM
this friday could possibly our biggest game of the season...a real six pointer! anyone have have any ideas what starting team will line out?

EnDai
13/09/2005, 11:07 AM
Win and you go 4 points ahead of UCD, which would rock! :D

Roo69
13/09/2005, 11:24 AM
Were safe no matter what the result but a win would be great which "could" leave us only 8 points behind Drogs and 9 behind Bohs - not bad for thr relagation favs at the start of the season IMO. The big match Vs. UCD is the cup game, i would gladly see them win this one if we could beat them in the cup - Raging thou cause i'm going to miss the cup match, on holliers

Not to sure who's fit etc.... but i reckon it'll be close to

GK: O'Connor

RB: Giffy
CB: McGovern
CB: Roche (if Jody's still out)
LB: Pip

RM: Daz
CM: O'Brien/Caffery (if fit)
CM: Foxy
LM: Tyrrell

FOR: Franco
FOR: Tarzan

EnDai
13/09/2005, 11:27 AM
More fool you for booking holliers during the season! :o I expected more from you! ;)

Roo69
13/09/2005, 11:31 AM
No way round it, believe it or not, it for a mates wedding and i made him book a space were there was no matches down in the fixtures ! if only we had'nt of got this far in the cup ! ha ha ha

lowflyingseagul
13/09/2005, 11:40 AM
and devo's back from injury

seagulls nest
13/09/2005, 1:03 PM
no o'reiily Roo?

seagulls nest
13/09/2005, 1:04 PM
sorry o'reilly

Roo69
13/09/2005, 1:07 PM
Em i think Giffy is a better right back than him and O'Reilly is to small for centre half, still a good player thou

seagulls nest
13/09/2005, 1:11 PM
alot of competition for places at the moment which is great to see,keeps people on their toes,you never know senior and under21 cup double??

Schumi
13/09/2005, 1:25 PM
this friday could possibly our biggest game of the season...a real six pointer!
6-pointer for what exactly?

Locker
13/09/2005, 2:02 PM
and devo's back from injury No Devo won't be back this weekend unfortunately,but he could be back for the semi-finals(if we get there) :D

superfrank
13/09/2005, 3:32 PM
Imo, we don't have to worry bout relegation anymore especially after Seán Finn's og the other night. It was so funny to watch this morning.

I think we can win, we beat them earlier in the season at home so why not twice in two weeks?? They also have the League Cup Final next week so imo we should really take it to them in both gaqmes cos in the first they might have their mind on the Final and in the second they could very well be tired.

I think this Friday it'll be 1-0, I'll save my prediction for the cup game til after this match. ;)

KR's Post
13/09/2005, 4:18 PM
A six pointer?? Not really.. Us and college are safe, but it would be brilliant to open up a gap and put the pressure on the teams in front. As i said in a previous thread, a nice run would get us a respectable top 6 finish. Which would be fantastic. I'd easily let them win this week, if it was to mean us winning in the cup next week. 2 wins would be fantastic though. :D

seagulls nest
13/09/2005, 4:27 PM
whats ur starting team tarzan? ur right though id gladly give them this win for a plce in the semi final in 2weeks time

fan_1
13/09/2005, 6:03 PM
would have o'reilly playin now myself. and james instead of o' brien

BrayZil
14/09/2005, 8:12 AM
would have o'reilly playin now myself. and james instead of o' brien

Collie James is suspended for Fridays game so I reckon Kevin O'Brien will start.

BrayZil
14/09/2005, 8:19 AM
It won’t be an easy game but I think we will win 2-1 on Friday. I still reckon we need another 3 points just to be sure not to drop into the play off place. Skippy should be dropped and Hannigan given a chance. If I was to pick the team it would be:

Hannigan

Giffy McGovern Daz Pip

Ryaner Caffery/O'Brien Foxy Tyrell

Franco Tarzan

Roo69
14/09/2005, 8:25 AM
Defo agreed about Hannigan, but they won't ! they'll let Skip keep making mistakes instead of giving Pat the run in nets his preformances totally deserve.

BrayZil
14/09/2005, 8:34 AM
Defo agreed about Hannigan, but they won't ! they'll let Skip keep making mistakes instead of giving Pat the run in nets his preformances totally deserve.

Your right, Skippy will start. He should have been dropped a year ago. He's a good shot stopper but that’s it. Brutal at crosses, goal kicks and everything else. I've only seen Hannigan play a few times but he looks much more solid, he's a lot braver and shouts constantly. He should at least be given a chance to prove himself.

KR's Post
14/09/2005, 4:29 PM
whats ur starting team tarzan? ur right though id gladly give them this win for a plce in the semi final in 2weeks time

Eh....

O'Conner

Giffy McGovren Jody(if fit) Rochey(If not) Pip

McGuiness O' Brien Foxy Tyrell

Tarzan Franco

Although i'd like to leave tarz on the bench for this one, but there is nobody else to paly up front. Think it might be one of those games, where it's heading for a 0-0 draw and tarz or someone else could spring from the bench to win it!!!

BrayZil
15/09/2005, 9:36 AM
Central defender and Captain Jody Lynch, the former UCD player, who has missed Bray's last three outings with an ankle injury looks likely to miss out again when Bray face his former Club at the Carlisle Grounds on Friday night as the injury is slow to respond to treatement.

Bray will also have to plan without the versatile Graham O'Hanlon who has ankle ligament problems.

The good news for stand-in boss Tony McGuirk is that Colm Tresson, Philip Keogh and Robbie Dunne are all available after suspension, but the in-form Colm James will have to sit this one out as he serves a one match ban.

Taken from BrayWanderers.ie (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1)

superfrank
15/09/2005, 3:57 PM
Central defender and Captain Jody Lynch, the former UCD player, who has missed Bray's last three outings with an ankle injury looks likely to miss out again when Bray face his former Club at the Carlisle Grounds on Friday night as the injury is slow to respond to treatement.
Is this all to do with his broken ankle??