PDA

View Full Version : Can this new keeper fill diggers boots?

franz
13/09/2005, 9:12 AM
watchin el weekley last night kelly(?) seed to have a bad game. I agree with playing digger les and less as he is going. I would like to see young garry play more for the first team. He seem to be getting better as he matures.

Tallanted
13/09/2005, 11:51 AM
Shay Kelly is not the man to take over from digger. aslong as digger is with us he should be playing in the big games in particular. we are still in the mix up and not playing digger baffles me. he is having a super season and has kept numerous clean sheets. kelly didnt look confident in either of the games. he may be a good shot stopper but when it comes to commanding his eighteen yard box he is very jittery. we need a solid replacement for the legend.

Shelsman
13/09/2005, 12:07 PM
Saw eL weekly last night and thought he was at fault for all three goals. Fair play to Osam and Scully -they weren't afraid to say it as it is.
The keeper played regularly for Bohs so he can't be all that bad, maybe just out of practice?

Longfordian
13/09/2005, 3:57 PM
He didn't do well on any of the goals but he had to get a chance at some stage otherwise how do you know if he'll be good enough? Would think Digger will be back though. Kelly is apparently excellent in training so maybe it's a case of not enough games with the defence or something.

themull69
13/09/2005, 4:53 PM
I don't think Kelly is good enough. He was dreadful with Bohs. Know a lot of Bohs fans who literally laughed at me when they heard we got Kelly on loan. Think we will be hard pushed to get a good replacement for Digger. Digger has saved our ass many many times. Should get a statue or something made of the legend!!

Bosco
13/09/2005, 8:24 PM
Think your all being a bit hard on kelly in only his second game.I was impressed with him against waterford especially his kick outs which are excellent and a welcome break from diggers kickouts.Wsnt in derry but from what i've seen he was at fault.Didnt agree with osam and scully saying we should have stuck with digger.Kellys only on loan and we need to try him out at some stage and after his performance against waterford,he deserved a place.Digger hasnt had his best season and has been shaky at times,ucd at home a few weeks ago an example

Tallanted
14/09/2005, 11:35 AM
were up there now we cant be droppin points because we have to try ppl out. its too far into the season for that

Bosco
14/09/2005, 6:58 PM
Yeah but digger was having a poor run of form and kelly is a proven goalkeeper in the el,so why not?Secondly it would be a waste of money,to sign some one on loan and never play him plus the fact that we signed him with the possiblity of signing him at the end of the season,how are we going to know if he's good enough if he doesnt play.Its not like alan put a keeper from the under 21's out to try him out

Macy
15/09/2005, 6:53 AM
I was against signing Kelly, as I (still) think Cassin should've been given his head as understudy to Digger. (same as we shouldn't have signed his name sake Liam in place of giving Adrian Murphy a run out the other year).

All I'll say about Kelly's ability is that Bohs fans rate Dempsey as being better, which says it all to me.

Dodge
15/09/2005, 7:42 AM
Kelly was great for us a few years ago (and UCD before that) but anytime I've seen him play since he's looked totally disinterested

Sonic
15/09/2005, 8:27 PM
tbh any time ive seen him play for bohs etc he has been shaky and ayt this stage of season i think sticking with the tried and trusted is best.

franz
16/09/2005, 10:59 AM
It looks like Cassin is injured and will be out of the game for a while.
Unlucky

Maz
16/09/2005, 9:18 PM
Yeah Gary was injured in the Longford Town under 21's game vs Derry City which ended 0-0. He had a blow to the head and was brought to hospital to be checked out. Anyone know how he is since?

ltfc_2004
26/09/2005, 11:54 AM
Sure if we are looking a new keeper, what are peoples opinion of Gary Rogers of Drogheda ? He is rotting on the bench there at the moment. Anytime i've seen him play he hads played alright

Bosco
26/09/2005, 8:57 PM
Sure if we are looking a new keeper, what are peoples opinion of Gary Rogers of Drogheda ? He is rotting on the bench there at the moment. Anytime i've seen him play he hads played alright

Ah gary rodgers,my biggest memorys of him was:
1)Going up for an easy ball,catching it before throwing it to lavine 2 yards away from him for an easy tap in(drogs 0-5 Longford)
2)Alan kirby chipping him from the halfway line

Cosmo
27/09/2005, 12:16 PM

Would be a great signing for ye - was always pretty decent but prone to the odd error - but has improved alot over the course of last season and many drogs would have him as there number 1 before connor

themull69
30/09/2005, 12:21 PM
Would be a great signing for ye - was always pretty decent but prone to the odd error - but has improved alot over the course of last season and many drogs would have him as there number 1 before connor

Funny, think I remember a Drog's fan saying something similar about Myler when we signed him!! What a waste of space he turned out to be!!

Cosmo
01/10/2005, 3:02 PM
Funny, think I remember a Drog's fan saying something similar about Myler when we signed him!! What a waste of space he turned out to be!!

well we'll gladly take him back as he still hasnt been replaced

Sonic
01/10/2005, 5:00 PM
As i said before and ill say it again you can take the useless pr1ck as well as our manager if you want to part with doolo well give a switch.

Poor Student
01/10/2005, 5:33 PM
As i said before and ill say it again you can take the useless pr1ck as well as our manager if you want to part with doolo well give a switch.

You don't mean that. Trust me.

Bosco
03/10/2005, 9:23 PM

Ah sonic,I understand you dont like matthews but doolin????????:confused: I cant think of anyone i'd hate more to manage my club

ccfcgirl
03/10/2005, 10:02 PM
:D I hope he can dance like Digger:D :D :D :D

Macy
04/10/2005, 8:11 AM
I cant think of anyone i'd hate more to manage my club
Shoddy?

Bosco
04/10/2005, 3:47 PM
Maybe roody would be worse but for some reason i've always had this deep hatred of doolin

Macy
05/10/2005, 7:36 AM
some untcs who follow this club have a deep hatred for anyone but Kenny. Only plausable explaination for the constant witchhunt against our most successful manager ever. Let them have fookin doolin, and see how happy they are when he's engineered our fall back to the first division....

sparkey
05/10/2005, 9:56 AM
Can this new keeper fill diggers boots? In a word...NO