PDA

View Full Version : Teams you hate

Pages : [1] 2 3

Metrostars
12/09/2005, 4:58 PM
This is the opposite of the "Who do you support" thread. List the teams you hate in any sport and why.

Soccer:
Liverpool - Hated them ever since I was a kid when they were winning every year (70s and 80s) and my big brother always rubbed it in
Chelsea - More of a current hate than anything, I'm just waiting for the Abramobitch balloon to burst.
Mexico - A bunch of big babies who cant get over the fact that the US is getting better at them without even trying. Play dirty when the going gets tough.

Other Sports:
Hurling: Cork, who just beat us again yesterday in hurling, they always have this 'everyone else is inferior' attitude. Also Kilkenny because the first big game I attended as a kid was the 75 All-Ireland, plus I hate their colours.
Baseball: Red Sox, for their constant whining over the years and now their constant gloating.
NFL: Cowboys - given the accolade of "Americas Team" just a bunch of thugs.

niamh
12/09/2005, 6:50 PM
Most dislike:
Spurs, Shelbourne

superfrank
12/09/2005, 7:19 PM
Teams (soccer): Celtic AND Rangers, Manchester United & FC United (?), Shamrock Rovers, Barcelona, Ajax, AC Milan and Monaco. All think they are too big and good for their own league/country, except maybe Monaco.

Teams (other): NE Patriots cos they win the Superbowl alot, Dublin (GAA) cos they think they're the best and all the basketball/football clubs in European basketball cos it's just stupid.

thejollyrodger
12/09/2005, 8:00 PM
Reál Madrid - I used to like them until I went to Espana and realised they were a bunch of fascists.

Rangers/Celtic - biggots

ali2005
12/09/2005, 8:20 PM
Rangers, Finn Harps, Shams and Real Madrid

ollie
12/09/2005, 8:45 PM
Other Sports:
Hurling: Cork, who just beat us again yesterday in hurling, they always have this 'everyone else is inferior' attitude. Also Kilkenny because the first big game I attended as a kid was the 75 All-Ireland, plus I hate their colours.

comes with winning 58 All Irelands between them. :p
agree with you on kilkenny colours ugh :(

field
12/09/2005, 8:56 PM
Teams (soccer): Celtic AND Rangers, Manchester United & FC United (?), Shamrock Rovers, Barcelona, Ajax, AC Milan and Monaco. All think they are too big and good for their own league/country, except maybe Monaco.

Teams (other): NE Patriots cos they win the Superbowl alot, Dublin (GAA) cos they think they're the best and all the basketball/football clubs in European basketball cos it's just stupid.

Superfrank, we definitely must see eachother, although some of my teammates will disagree on this! ;)

Conor H
12/09/2005, 9:06 PM
Sligo Rovers,English teams and Rangers.

TheOwl
12/09/2005, 9:49 PM
Dislike immensely: Bohs, Shamrock Rovers, Sheffield United, English national soccer team, English rugby team, Celtic AND Rangers, Meath footballers

Dislike but not to the same extent as the others: St. Pat’s, Cork City, Man U, Liverpool, all other English national teams/athletes, Real Madrid, NY Yankees, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Steelers.

RedX
12/09/2005, 10:51 PM
I am after getting a serious dislike to Longford Town...small club with no ambition.. ;)

Éanna
12/09/2005, 10:51 PM
Soccer:Its football!

Reál Madrid - I used to like them until I went to Espana and realised they were a bunch of fascists.Out of interest, who's "they"?

Éanna
12/09/2005, 10:57 PM
Shels, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, English rugby team, Australian cricket team, Pathetico Madrid, Nazio, Djurgardens

Tony Montana
12/09/2005, 11:07 PM
ManUre,Man. Utd.,Man U.,Manchester Utd. and Newton Heath all equally! :)

carrickharp
13/09/2005, 7:26 AM
Soccer: Liverpool, Shels, Rangers, Chelski, England
GAA: Dublin (hype)
Baseball: Cubs, Yankees
Rugby: England

drinkfeckarse
13/09/2005, 8:14 AM
Not a team but Roger Federer. Totally robotic and boring. If ever someone needed a personality transplant..

Dublin12
13/09/2005, 8:53 AM
Lazio
PSG
Galatasary
Rangers
Milwall
Chelsea
Manure
Cardiff
Spurs

Aberdonian Stu
13/09/2005, 9:57 AM
Dundee & Dundee Utd - it's a local thing
Shamrock Rovers
Milan - never liked them as a club but have a lot of time for a lot of their players
The Yankees - because they suck :D (cue Metrostars telling me how many pennants they've won).
Dallas Cowboys - because they beat the Steelers in Superbowl XXX
More to follow...

Pat O' Banton
13/09/2005, 11:24 AM
Rangers, Sperz, West Ham (and their fat fans), Hamburg, Nazio, Chelsea, Hearts, Real Madrid, Port Vale (on behalf of Mrs O' B) Ingerland, Various made up 'countries' who have recently played Ingerland, Mexico (still bear a grudge about '94) the Swiss, Milwall, Bristol City.

Dubs and Derry (particularly the Brolly, McGonigal, sp? team.) All Rugbo Union, Ingerland Cricket team and their new bandwagon of fans.

Pablo
13/09/2005, 11:45 AM
shelbourne and celtic. and not just because they are both Brittish

gspain
13/09/2005, 11:59 AM
Football - Old Firm/Man Utd - also used to dislike Shamrock rovers, Bohs, dundalk but would still support them over any foreign team.

Rugby - Leicester Cheetahs

crc
13/09/2005, 12:27 PM
Football: England
Rugby: England
Rugby League: England / GB
Cricket: England
Athletics: GB
Basketball: England
Beach Volleyball: England
Baseball: England
GAA: England
Hurling: England
Caber Tossing: England

Seriously, though:

England, Shelbourne, Arsenal, Man U, Old Firm, Dublin City, NY Yankees, Norway.

Lim till i die
13/09/2005, 1:33 PM
Dundalk
Shamrock Rovers
England
Republic of Ireland
Real Madrid
Lazio
Hamburg
Chelsea
Millwall
Bayern Munich
Ajax
Hearts
Man Utd

Cricket: England
Rugby: England, Munster, Ulster, Leinster
Hurling: Tipperary (Fair proportion of scumbags), Clare (Davy Fitzgerald)
Gaelic Football: Dublin (Bleedin ell, dis yis park up da bandwagon before yis came onto da Hill)

I could go on and on :)

crc
13/09/2005, 2:17 PM
Republic of Ireland
Care to elaborate... ? :confused:

Metrostars
13/09/2005, 2:26 PM
Its football!

Depends on where you are.

superfrank
13/09/2005, 4:01 PM
Superfrank, we definitely must see eachother, although some of my teammates will disagree on this! ;)
I can't stand them. I don't know what it is.

field
13/09/2005, 5:57 PM
I can't stand them. I don't know what it is.
Arrogance! (Although self-believe is a strenght)

liam88
13/09/2005, 6:20 PM
shelbourne and celtic. and not just because they are both Brittish
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: don't think anybody is going to bite mate but i'm sure ya breaking some rule!

For me:
Rangers, Hearts Milwall, Linfield, France (football)
Bracknell (Ice Hockey)
Sarecens, Wasps (Rugby)

liam88
13/09/2005, 6:25 PM
Republic of Ireland

Hows comes? Not judging ya-just wondeirng?

shedite
13/09/2005, 8:19 PM
Glad to see the Yankees showing up so much in this thread. I 'ate 'em

Éanna
13/09/2005, 11:01 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: don't think anybody is going to bite mate but i'm sure ya breaking some rule!you bit, didn't you :rolleyes: As for breaking rules, shouldn't mods know what their job is :rolleyes:

finlma
14/09/2005, 8:26 AM
Football: Rangers, Celtic, Non Iron, Waterford Utd, Liverpool

GAA: Cork(hurling), Dublin (football)

Rugby: Carlow(the cheats broke my arm in a game), England, South Africa, Leinster - big bunch of no trying failures

Roo69
14/09/2005, 9:15 AM
Football: Rangers, Celtic, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds

Rugby: Blackrock College

Any team from Cork............

Aberdonian Stu
14/09/2005, 10:35 AM
Glad to see the Yankees showing up so much in this thread. I 'ate 'em

Hear hear

Yankees suck :D It's a hell of a race for the pennant this year. I reckon both the Sox and the New York team not called Mets will make the playoffs. Whichever one fails to win the division will probably get the wildcard berth.

Macy
14/09/2005, 10:57 AM
Football (Ireland):
Cork this year. Every year throws up one set of fans that become obnoxious with ego's overblown by the success of their team. Cork this is your year
Dundalk.
CHF.

Football (UK):
Siddy
Scousers
Leeds
Celtic
Rangers
Winsford

Cricket:
Essex
Hampshire
Yorkshire

Rugby:
Newton Le Willows
Harlequins
England

Rugby League:
Wigan
St Helens

American Football:
Miami Dolphins

Hurling:
Kilkenny
Clare

Bogball:
Dublin
Tyrone

Bluebeard
14/09/2005, 11:01 AM
Football: Sham Rovers, Longford Town, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Germany, Brazil since 1990 (they really are not as amazing as everyone thinks)
Baseball: NY Yankees with a collossal passion - even more than R Madrid or Longford
Hurling: Any team currently managed by Ger Loughnane
GAH: Most Ulster teams, Mayo - they come up to Dublin every second year, wreck my head (I live near Croke Park) and then, despite all the talk about them from my Western friends for months in advance, they choke - why do this to my friends, especially as I have subsequently to listen to it all afterwards.

JoeSemi
14/09/2005, 11:30 AM
Not a team but Roger Federer. Totally robotic and boring. If ever someone needed a personality transplant..

Genius might be a more fitting description.

Hate's a strong word but there are a few teams that fall nicely into the category:
Manure and Real Madrid- everything that is wrong with football.
Lazio- for their fascist tendencies.
Cork- the general arrogance they have towards the rest of Ireland.

drinkfeckarse
14/09/2005, 12:06 PM
Penis might be a more fitting description.

That sounds better ;)

magic moments
14/09/2005, 12:47 PM
Leeds
Millwall
Wet spam
RANGERS :(

BrayZil
14/09/2005, 1:38 PM
Football: Bohs, Rovers, Cork, UCD, Dublin City, Liverpool, Everton, Leeds, Milwall, Crystal Palace, QPR, all Scottish football, Real Madrid, Fenerbache & Galatasaray.

GAA: All!

Cosmo
14/09/2005, 2:34 PM
'Football (Ireland):
Cork this year. Every year throws up one set of fans that become obnoxious with ego's overblown by the success of their team. Cork this is your year
Dundalk.
CHF.'

Not that im complaining but just wondering why ye hate craptown? (are the rumours that were going around a couple of years ago that you were a closet drog true? ;) :D )

anto eile
14/09/2005, 2:45 PM
gypos
gypos reserve team
pats (sort of,its hard since theyve gone ****)
shels (hate ollie, their fans arent worth bothering with though)
rangers (and for anyone who labelled both the old firm bigots-no, Celtic and rangers arent as bad as each other.the huns are vile evil ****s)
hearts
all english premiership teams especially chelsea
rep of ireland national team and fans
norn iron
linfield
england
longford (gaa players in football jerseys)

i dislike :
milan
inter
lazio
verona
juventus
torino
bayern
ajaz
real madrid
athletico madrid
djurgardens
cork city
dublin city farm everton fingal i cant believe its not home farm
portadown
glentoran

Anto McC
14/09/2005, 3:40 PM
Rangers and selthick(they are as bad as each other)
Shams
Bohs
Pats
Northern Ireland
Ringsend Rovers

superfrank
14/09/2005, 4:35 PM
Ringsend Rovers
Got to be the weirdest one. Why you hate them, may I ask?

Macy
15/09/2005, 7:54 AM
Not that im complaining but just wondering why ye hate craptown? (are the rumours that were going around a couple of years ago that you were a closet drog true? ;) :D )
Racist w@nkers of fans, and the outright denial of the fact by their fans after the event. Only time I really remember it kicking off between fans at flancare, (before the BSC proved how hard they are by attacking Marty and the lads :rolleyes: ). That's the main reason, although I find some of their internet crowd annoying too (obvious exception of James the yank).....

liam88
15/09/2005, 10:50 AM
you bit, didn't you :rolleyes: As for breaking rules, shouldn't mods know what their job is :rolleyes:
Ahh Éanna it been to long!! :D
No I didn't; biting would involve a rage about Britishness; one i'm not going to get into because it's not worth it ;)
I knwo what my job is but I don't mod this forum so I'll leave it!

Wiseguy
15/09/2005, 4:15 PM
Detest England in most sports because they believe the crap that they spout about being the best at everything.
Hate the GAA Dubs
Hate Scottish football
Hate Liverpool
Hate the F.A.I.

harpskid
15/09/2005, 4:22 PM
Dublin City, Shelbourne (eL)
Dubs, Armagh (GAA)
England at everything
Beginning to take a severe dislike to the Old Firm as well

The Stars
15/09/2005, 4:38 PM
Galway United,Man Utd and Newcastle United(well more the manager for the last one)
Dont hate Finn Harps but I love the rivalry.

CollegeTillIDie
15/09/2005, 9:25 PM
What I actually hate is the moronic devotion of so called fans to the Premiersh!t the SPL and anything as long as it is NOT IRISH!

I also hate the fact that event junkies get tickets to International matches in Lansdowne Road, and real fans who go to see their EL team 10-20 times a season at home and probably a few more away can't get them.

I also hate the fact that so many people in this country despise our language and culture and yet when you suggest they do the decent thing and get an English passport they react as if there is something illogical in my assertion

finlma
16/09/2005, 8:09 AM
Rant

The thread is "Teams you hate" not "Things you hate"