PDA

View Full Version : La Liga?

Éanna
20/04/2002, 2:19 PM
It's getting down to the last few games. Valencia a point ahead of Real after the latters bizarre loss to Osasuna at the weekend.Will Valencia hold out, or will the most talented squad of players in the world cliam the title?

Colm
20/04/2002, 5:48 PM
I think its goning to be Real Madrid. With that squad you just couldnt bet against them, Valencia aint half bad either though.

SÓC
21/04/2002, 12:29 AM
Barca lost again tonight!

They will be seriously up for it against Real on Tuesday. It should be some mighty match

Neil
21/04/2002, 11:52 AM
That Barca v Real match on Tuesday should be some viewing! Just watching the Champs League Magazine - saying Figo got booked deliberately against Munich so that he would miss this game! After the last time he went back to the Nou Camp he vowed never again!

Éanna
21/04/2002, 2:42 PM
Pity that Barca-v-Real wasn't the final, what cracker that'd be! Valencia-v- Depor tonight should be a very good and crucial game.

gustavo
21/04/2002, 8:34 PM
well if manchester united win their match then at least we are guaranteed a good attacking final

pete
21/04/2002, 9:15 PM
Originally posted by Neil
That Barca v Real match on Tuesday should be some viewing! Just watching the Champs League Magazine - saying Figo got booked deliberately against Munich so that he would miss this game! After the last time he went back to the Nou Camp he vowed never again!

Well i think Figo deserved a lot of what he got returning to barca the last time. Barca would never have sold him but he bought out his own contract to join his teams most bitter rival. Must have beena real (no pun intended) kick in the teeth for the barca fans.

Éanna
22/04/2002, 1:30 PM
Yeah, Figo did what he did for money and nothing else- barca might be a poorer team than Real NOW, but they weren't then. He deserved it completely.

As for this weekends results, Real beat Tenerife 4-1, with a couple of class goals from Guti and a screamer of a free kick for Roberto Carlos. Valencia beat Depor 1-0 with a deflected free kick-think it was Aimar. Valencia have to be favourites now after winning that game.

SÓC
22/04/2002, 3:33 PM
I'll not hear a word against Dirty Figo. He's a Cork City fan. Ture story, he once bought me a City Jersey.

When Ireland played Figo & Co. in June in Dublin the bookies at the ground were offering 14/1 for Figo to score and get booked. I threw my last £2 at it. He scored that header and got booked for no reason, just so I could have my ca$h to buy the City jersey.

I cant really see anyone but Real winning in Spain, they have too much quality even for Valencia. Why cant poor ole Guti get into the Spanish squad?

City Fan
23/04/2002, 11:15 AM
I've always refused point blank to underestimate Valencias capacity for hitting the self-destruct button. I reckon Real will still win La Liga. Game against Barca should be an absolute stormer. I tip Real to shade by a goal, maybe two, over the two legs and go on to claim their 9th European Cup title.

As for all you idiots who reckon Figo deserved the abuse he got, will ye f*** off and get yourselves a life!! No one in the world deserves to be pelted with coins and (two!) mobile phones in the performance of his job. Any other job in the world and he would be rightly entitled to workman's compensation. And so what if he went to Real for the money, a footballers career is short enough. Besides, at least he'll win a few trophies with Real, something Barca are pitifully under-equipped to do. I reckon that he's one of the most skilful players currently playing the game and should be left alone to do what he does best..play soccer.

wiseman
23/04/2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by City Fan

As for all you idiots who reckon Figo deserved the abuse he got, will ye f*** off and get yourselves a life!!

Well you obviously will not be giving Ollie any grief when he comes to De X next season. Good.

Éanna
23/04/2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by City Fan
As for all you idiots who reckon Figo deserved the abuse he got, will ye f*** off and get yourselves a life!! No one in the world deserves to be pelted with coins and (two!) mobile phones in the performance of his job
he knew what he was doing, and what would happen if he did it. I'm not saying throwing missiles was right, but if I was a Barca fan I'd be raging.

pete
23/04/2002, 12:48 PM
I said he deserved MOST of the abuse he got. I meant he didn't deserve missles thrown at him.