PDA

View Full Version : All Ireland Final Predictions

Pages : [1] 2

Eire06
15/08/2005, 8:46 AM
Football:

Semi-Final 1 (Dublin\Tyrone) V (Armagh\Laois)
Semi-Final 2 Cork V Kerry

Hurling
Final

Cork V (Galway\Kilkenny)

In the Football I'd love to see a Dublin Cork Final!! But I'd say it'll be Armagh Kerry(Unless Cork get a new keeper)with Kerry winning the final again. :mad:

In the Hurling Galway getting the shock victory and beating Kilkenny and then going on to beat Cork in the Final.. :D

gustavo
15/08/2005, 8:58 AM
Semi-Final 1 DublinV Armagh
Final
Kerry v Dublin

Winners :Kerry

geysir
15/08/2005, 4:42 PM
Football:

In the Football I'd love to see a Dublin Cork Final!! But I'd say it'll be Armagh Kerry(Unless Cork get a new keeper)with Kerry winning the final again. :mad: :D

I think Tyrone will beat Dublin in the replay. They have a bit more in reserve, possibly an extra 10 minutes of Peter Canavan, Owen Mulligan at last coming into real form and Stephen O´Neill can he possibly miss as many sitters next time?
Armagh to spring an ambush in the semi final.
Cork played well against Kerry in the Munster final, (did the camera pick out Roy Keane in the crowd?) but I think Kerry can play better than that day and beat them again.

The final ..... depends on the day :-)

bigmac
16/08/2005, 2:17 PM
Tyrone to beat Dublin in the replay and get revenge against Armagh. Kerry to beat Cork easily and win the final against a knackered Tyrone team playing about their fiftieth game of the season.

Kilkenny to get past Galway and to beat Cork handily - Cork not playing as well as they did last year, should have been beaten by both Waterford and Clare. Kilkenny have the killer instinct that the Munster teams don't have.

Rebal Boy
16/08/2005, 9:34 PM
Lads this is going to be the year of the Rebels. cork to do the double. The hurlers will play much better in the final and the footballers are going to get revenge over Kerry. COME ON THE REBELS! :)

liam88
16/08/2005, 10:42 PM
When was the last time Cork did the double?
Who was the last team to do the double and when?

Mon the Rebels :D

geysir
17/08/2005, 12:29 AM

Was it Galway? could have been Offaly. Ah you will have to give me a hint.

geysir
17/08/2005, 12:33 AM
I was thinking that Armagh were just having it nice and easy until the semi final, but I see they are due to meet Laois in the quarter final this w/end.
Don't you think its about time the Ulster champions get a bye into the semi's?

Superhoops
17/08/2005, 5:46 AM

1990. Cork beat Galway 5-15 to 2-21 in hurling and Meath 0-11 and 0-9 in football.

Double has not been done since.

drinkfeckarse
17/08/2005, 8:04 AM
Anyone know the odds on a Cork double lads and what dates these games are on?

CollegeTillIDie
21/08/2005, 2:54 PM
Football:

Semi-Final 1 (Dublin\Tyrone) V (Armagh\Laois)

Hurling
Final

Cork V (Galway\Kilkenny)

In the Football I'd love to see a Dublin Cork Final!! But I'd say it'll be Armagh Kerry(Unless Cork get a new keeper)with Kerry winning the final again. :mad:

In the Hurling Galway getting the shock victory and beating Kilkenny and then going on to beat Cork in the Final.. :D

You could be onto something. Watching the semi-final now at the time of writing and the Maroons are matching the Black and Amber score for score
With an hour gone in the Game Galway are leading Kilkenny 5-17 to 4-13

bigmac
21/08/2005, 4:01 PM
you'd have to fancy Galway really after today. The last good game Cork played was the munster final. haven't been playing well since then at all. Who was that muppet who said that Cork and KK were miles ahead of any other team. If Galway tighten up their defence a bit they could absolutely destroy Cork. O'Sullivan will be badly caught for pace in the back line.

CollegeTillIDie
21/08/2005, 4:01 PM
Final Score Galway 5-18 Kilkenny 4-18. What a classic Hurling game.
Galway to win Liam McCarthy hopefully now.

FarBeag
21/08/2005, 10:06 PM
Lad's that was some game but will Galway ever play that well again.I hope they beat Cork but i wont belive it until i see it,always being pessimistic
when it comes to Galway winning anything.Common the Tribesmen.

Green Tribe
21/08/2005, 11:52 PM
Forza Galway!!!!! :D

A face
21/08/2005, 11:56 PM
Probably biased but i think Cork will do it !!

Eire06
22/08/2005, 8:35 AM
What a great match yesterday.. everyone writing Galway off in the lead up to the match even talking about the Kilkenny line up for the final :eek: .. And then to see them all backtrack :D

I always had faith they'd do it :D bring on coraigh and we'll show them just like we showed Kilkenny what real hurling is about :cool: ;)

Aberdonian Stu
22/08/2005, 11:18 AM
I would like to see Galway win but they face a different defensive prospect in Cork and the Rebels have a lot to prove after a stutteringh performance against Clare. My prediction...a narrow Cork win.

Conor H
22/08/2005, 1:51 PM
Hopefully Galway will do it.The city always goes mad when we win an All Ireland.

Galwayexile
22/08/2005, 2:28 PM
galway can indeed win if they sharpen up in defence. Great win all the same especially with so many young players in the team. The bookies had KK at 1/4 on to win and galway 11/4 to win.

Bring on Cork.After reading some of the comments from the site www.boards.ie some muppets think that cork have it wrapped up.

Maybe now this will stop the doubters who say we miss eugene scumbag cloonen, long live ger farragher, great game and a smashing talent.

Rebal Boy
22/08/2005, 7:36 PM
Lads there's only going to be one winner in this and that of course it THE MIGHTY REBELS! It should be a cracking final. I am praying that I get a ticket for it.

rebs23
23/08/2005, 12:40 PM
I have put a tenner on Cork to do the treble at 15/1. Worth a go at that money but for some reason I really do think the hurlers will need to wake up a bit especially after watching the Galway-kilkenny game. Galway really fast & skillful but most importantly of all in an amature sport Hunger!

Anyway we'll wait and see!!

Peadar
23/08/2005, 2:35 PM
Kilkenny to get past Galway and to beat Cork handily. Kilkenny have the killer instinct that the Munster teams don't have.

you'd have to fancy Galway really after today.

We've already seen how much you know about Hurling. :rolleyes:

Waterford should have blah blah blah...
Clare should have blah blah blah...

Shows you that those too teams are so bad they can't beat a poor Cork team or else that Cork are good even when they don't play well.

You just keep on knocking us, it makes every victory even more sweet.

patsh
23/08/2005, 3:17 PM
Hopefully Galway will do it.The city always goes mad when we win an All Ireland.
Must be a fairly quite spot most of the time so....:D

Aberdonian Stu
23/08/2005, 3:20 PM
Cork are still on for the quadruple.

For all four I predict:
Hurling: Yes, but it'll be close
Men's Football: No, for once their confidence will be their undoing, Kerry to take them in the semi.
Ladies Football: My heart and head say Dublin but I've got a gut feeling Cork will shock everyone so Yes
Camogie: A very poor preparatory game with the semi so No.

sylvo
23/08/2005, 7:11 PM
London won the Nicky Rackard cup on Sunday, so we fear no fceker, but my predictions for those small time cups are Armagh for sam and Cork for the Liam McCarthy.

Rovers1
23/08/2005, 11:37 PM
dont give a ****e as long as the f UCKING DUBS DONT WIN IT!!!!

bigmac
24/08/2005, 4:27 PM
Shows you that those too teams are so bad they can't beat a poor Cork team or else that Cork are good even when they don't play well.

Or that Cork got lucky twice in a row. If you think that Cork have been playing well or would beat Galway on current form then that's fine, but if I was a Cork fan I'd be looking for a big improvement.

CollegeTillIDie
27/08/2005, 7:59 AM
dont give a ****e as long as the f UCKING DUBS DONT WIN IT!!!!

Stop being such a bogger stereotype for fecks sake. :D

Galway to win the hurling, just to show I am not as narrowminded as some Connacht people. I don't give a monkeys who wins the Thugball All-Ireland !

Troy.McClure
27/08/2005, 6:43 PM
The quadruple (http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=404&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0) is on at the moment, but Id rather if they threw in the FAI cup as well :D

Green Tribe
28/08/2005, 4:45 PM
I'll be home on holiday for the final, will be able to watch Armagh hump Kerry....... :D :eek: :p

geysir
28/08/2005, 6:29 PM
I'll be home on holiday for the final, will be able to watch Armagh hump Kerry....... :D :eek: :p
You will have some local interest on with Down minors reaching the final. The Mayo Kerry minor SF was an exciting game, I would expect a very good final with Down winning. An Ulster whitewash of all the football titles on offer is still on the cards.

Green Tribe
28/08/2005, 8:36 PM
You will have some local interest on with Down minors reaching the final. The Mayo Kerry minor SF was an exciting game, I would expect a very good final with Down winning. An Ulster whitewash of all the football titles on offer is still on the cards.

Oh yes, cannot wait to see Down in the minor final, will be a tough game, but they are capable. What county do you support out of interest?? :confused:

geysir
29/08/2005, 1:52 AM
Oh yes, cannot wait to see Down in the minor final, will be a tough game, but they are capable. What county do you support out of interest?? :confused:
I grew up in Monaghan and as any hope there was died regularily at an early stage the trend was to latch on to any other team from Ulster and that my friend was Down, they were the Man yous of the day in the late 60's. They played with flair and style. I dont know but there is a kind of solidarity about following Ulster teams except for Cavan :) of course.

CollegeTillIDie
29/08/2005, 7:38 AM
I grew up in Monaghan and as any hope there was died regularily at an early stage the trend was to latch on to any other team from Ulster and that my friend was Down, they were the Man yous of the day in the late 60's. They played with flair and style. I dont know but there is a kind of solidarity about following Ulster teams except for Cavan :) of course.

you do not get that level of inter county solidarity in any other province.
Louth people support Ulster counties for example :confused:

Superhoops
29/08/2005, 11:17 AM
I would be quite happy to see Louth move into Ulster, they have more in common with Down and Armagh that they have with the rest of Leinster.

Kingdom
29/08/2005, 12:17 PM
The quadruple (http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=404&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0) is on at the moment, but Id rather if they threw in the FAI cup as well :D

Just to let Troy know, the ahem quadruple is off the menu for this year, but the ahem, two-in-a-row is most definitely ON the menu!!!!

Eire06
29/08/2005, 12:46 PM
Just to let Troy know, the ahem quadruple is off the menu for this year, but the ahem, two-in-a-row is most definitely ON the menu!!!!
Galway are still on for a quadruple win :D
Galway hurling is heading for unique All-Ireland triumphs this year at minor, intermediate, under 21 and senior grades.

And our ladies footballers are well on there way to winning the all-Ireladn again this year :D :D

geysir
29/08/2005, 11:06 PM

Maybe just those north from Ardee, its a border county thing, for those who understand no explanation is neccessary :)

Green Tribe
08/09/2005, 5:13 PM
So Sam is coming to Tyrone then......... :D

Anto McC
08/09/2005, 6:53 PM
I had €50 on Armagh and i can't believe they are not in the final

Troy.McClure
08/09/2005, 8:15 PM
I predict that I will be at the game on Sunday as there is a ticket in the post winging its way to me right now :)

Macy
09/09/2005, 7:17 AM
I predict people to be moaning about a lack of tickets when in the first round the Galway crowd could be measured in hundreds....

elroy
09/09/2005, 8:38 AM
Well tickets are very scarce on our side, its a bit of a joke, compared to what Cork brought to the semi and what Galway brought, all these sudden die hard galway fans coming out of nowhere.
so if anyone has one spare, let me know, cheers.

Macy
09/09/2005, 9:00 AM
Well tickets are very scarce on our side, its a bit of a joke, compared to what Cork brought to the semi and what Galway brought, all these sudden die hard galway fans coming out of nowhere.
How many did cork get for their league games?

Pablo
09/09/2005, 9:32 AM
How many did cork get for their league games?

about 10,000 for bigger ones.

usually only 2000. band wagon in full effect down here! yeeeee hawwwww!

FarBeag
09/09/2005, 9:42 AM
Quote..Elroy

...Elroy..Give us a chance,we dont get to Dublin very often not to mind an All Ireland so its time to get rid of the wellies, clean the old finger nails and get ****ed on Dublin porter.

Aberdonian Stu
09/09/2005, 11:22 AM
Lads nobody has a monopoly on sunshine supporters, especially in GAA.

Kildare and Dublin are the only counties you can rely on to bring a decent crowd during lean times and even they see a surge in demand as the bigger games come along.

Obviously the effect isn't as visually evident with Dublin as they tend to bring large crowds anyway but trust me demand rockets whenever the Dubs are on anything approaching a roll.

Ruairi
11/09/2005, 1:58 PM
Cork by 4 points i reckon, any takers?

superfrank
11/09/2005, 3:42 PM
It's only 3 now. C'mon Galway!!