PDA

View Full Version : doyler again

superal
10/09/2005, 6:23 PM
Why am I even posting this but Doyler scored again to-day. Get over it (to myself)

Fair_play_boy
10/09/2005, 8:21 PM
Why am I even posting this but Doyler scored again to-day. Get over it (to myself)Why are so many City fans like recovering alcoholics on this question? (Myself included) ;)

ccfcman
10/09/2005, 8:52 PM
what a player, love the man [yes, i said it lol ]

Brilliant to see him playing like this, Clinton and Robbie should watch their backs :)

sullanefc
11/09/2005, 12:29 PM
Brilliant to see him playing like this, Clinton and Robbie should watch their backs :)

Totally agreed. As for Robbie Keane? The man is a muppet with a bad attitude. He has done nothing for Ireland in the last 3 years and should be dropped. I was surprised to see him staying on the pitch last night when Morrisson was being subbed. Should have been the other way around as Clinton was making all the runs to receive a pass while Robbie would just stand there and wait for it. Lazy B@stard!! :mad:

Doyler for Ireland!! And after watching Joe Gamble this season, he should be playing instead of that waster Kilbane.

pete
12/09/2005, 10:17 AM
I think City fans like to watch out for Doyle as a good guage of the quality of the top eL sides & current City squad.

Saw his goal last night, he also eaned the penalty Lita missed.

Certainly Doyle hasn't suddenly improved at Reading so it reflexs well on City & we get cash for international apperances & any resale.

ollie
12/09/2005, 9:20 PM
yea its great to see all right.i wish him luck.

sullanefc
13/09/2005, 7:38 PM
Well he's scored again tonight against Palace. Palace equalise through Andy Johnson. Still playing the first half. 8pm KO.

shedite
13/09/2005, 8:17 PM
2-1 now Clinton Morisson

I think everyone likes to think of him as one of our own and hopes that he suceeds coz we can all say how much we saw him.

ollie
13/09/2005, 10:36 PM
finished 2 all.good to see him hitting a bit of form.think Reading fans are now starting to see what all the fuss was about when they signed him.

ccfcman
13/09/2005, 10:38 PM
what a flippin bargain eh !

What a player, hope he pulls on the green shirt soon, morisson and keane make me feel like reaching for the stanley knife at times :/

Peadar
14/09/2005, 8:26 AM
finished 2 all.

No it didn't!
It finished 3-2
Sonko hit the winner for Reading in the 87th minute.
The Royals are still second, 4 points behind Sheff. Utd.

pete
14/09/2005, 12:20 PM
Great goal by Doyle if you get chance to see it. He won the penalty that Reading missed twice too.

boots
14/09/2005, 5:47 PM
Classic description of Doyles preformance...

Sonko's late strike seals Reading victory

Rob Smyth at the Madejski Stadium
Wednesday September 14, 2005
The Guardian

Once upon a time, no Dave Kitson meant no hope for Reading. When their talismanic striker was out for two months earlier this year, Reading's promotion challenge went with him. But they look far from a one-man team now.
With Kitson out last night nursing an ankle injury, Reading's new front pair of Kevin Doyle and Leroy Lita gave the Crystal Palace defence an absolute chasing at the Madejski Stadium. On this evidence, Kitson might be struggling to get his place back.

On a night of the highest drama, Reading would not be denied their victory. Not by a waspish Palace side coming from behind to take the lead; not by Gabor Kiraly's remarkable double penalty save; not by Palace gritting their teeth for the final onslaught when their manager Iain Dowie was sent off. Their winning goal came when Ibrahima Sonko headed home Glen Little's free-kick three minutes from time, but the architects of this triumph were Doyle and Lita, who both scored outstanding goals and gave a blistering exhibition of forward play.
"We created a helluva lot," said the Reading manager Steve Coppell. "It sounds stupid to say, but I don't care how the score ended up - what's more relevant is that we did so many good things that should hold us in good stead throughout the season. Palace are a crack outfit, there to be shot at, and we wanted to have a go at them."

They did that and more. Right from the start this was a thrilling, high-octane contest, played with the intensity of a promotion decider rather than an early season scrap.

It was Reading who carried the greater sting at the start of the match, with Doyle, their summer signing from Cork, to the fore. The blond tips, cream boots and look-at-me posture were those of a natural showman, but Doyle showed he can walk the walk as well.

Enterprising, roguish and deceptively langorous on the ball, he was a constant threat and it was no surprise when he gave Reading the lead after 26 minutes, skipping seductively past Fitz Hall on the edge of the box before sneaking a left-footed daisy-cutter inside Kiraly's lefthand post. It was his third goal in as many games, and he looks quite a find.

Reading's lead lasted just three minutes, however, before Andy Johnson chested a loose ball the wrong side of Sonko and larruped home a splendid goal, his sixth of the season, from the corner of the six yard box.

It was his contribution before a knee injury forced him off and Palace badly missed his buzzing threat even though Clinton Morrison volleyed them ahead two minutes into the second half.

Lita, a fire-cracker up front, brought Reading deservedly level in the 68th minute with a glorious acrobatic overhead kick after Emmerson Boyce mis-directed Little's cross, but then he and Little saw the same re-taken penalty saved by the outstanding Kiraly, who was deemed to have come off his line when plunging to his right to save Lita's first effort.

It was not a decision with which Dowie was particularly enamoured. "Wait and see the referee's report," he said angrily of his sending off. "I thought AJ got very little protection. He's a fine player, an England star and maybe some referees want to get their name in the limelight with him." At this rate, they will have to make room for Doyle and Lita while they are there.

Éanna
19/09/2005, 9:58 PM
Pats legend
:D :D What? You mean he's not "Dolan's rent-boy" anymore?

ccfcgirl
19/09/2005, 10:05 PM
Fair play to Doyler on how well his doing at Reading ,I think he is realy missed at Cork City.Doyler For Ireland............

ccfcman
19/09/2005, 10:30 PM
http://forum.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25258&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

A face
20/09/2005, 12:08 AM
"I'd forgotton about the Eamonn Dolan connection. Hope his brother comes up with a few more of these over the next few years!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

A face
20/09/2005, 12:21 AM
I know there is alot of water under the bridge now ..... so its a good time to bring it up.

Doyler at City .... who was doing the contracts .... alot of people (with or without agendas :rolleyes: ) seem all too happy now that it is considered fact that it was Gunther at the time.

This was NEVER confirmed ..... it fact it, in the cold light of day, leans more towards another club official at the time drafting up contracts and clause all over the place.

At this stage, it is all too clear that that official stood to gain alot more by including all these clauses yet people would have you believe it was otherwise.

So who is the liar ??? ....... it would make you wonder wouldn't it !!