PDA

View Full Version : No excuse!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Drumcondra Red
10/09/2005, 11:32 AM
I know Rovers fans will try to come back with excuses to this, but last nights incident has no excuse.

As all redsmen, women and kids were leaving Dalyer, after a great game of football by both teams, led I might add by mostly old timers 50+, we were greated at the gate by hoards of Rovers "fans," sorry, scum bags, looking for trouble, and thats putting it lightly!

A couple of stewards jumped in and shut the gates on them (fair play) and as we were showering in a barrage of bottles and stones, we were informed that the total Gardai presence was 4, 4??? Joke!!!

Bohs I think its time to kick the homeless scum out of Dalymount, NOW!

Excuses please homeless, or was it Ollie's fault???

Slash/ED
10/09/2005, 11:36 AM
Wonder who'll get the blame this time, suppose they were only charging the away section to clap their players off the pitch again.

Passive
10/09/2005, 11:51 AM
No excuses being made. Just have a look at our message board.

Drumcondra Red
10/09/2005, 11:54 AM
No excuses being made. Just have a look at our message board.

I did, although your post seems to have a bit of an excuse to it! Read my reply to you!

kenbo
10/09/2005, 12:11 PM
these scenes were unexcusable. fathers bringing their children to games and to be greated by that kind of sh!t is disgusting. for those who say rovers have a certain hooligan element was proved very wrong last night. good number of them just looking for trouble

all this with 3 garda and about 4 stewards :rolleyes: good job lads

Passive
10/09/2005, 1:05 PM
I did, although your post seems to have a bit of an excuse to it! Read my reply to you!

Who are the SSC?

Slash/ED
10/09/2005, 1:09 PM
Who are the SSC?

The SSC!? :D :D

That was a few people on the Shels messageboard taking the píss out of the icasual culture at 'certain' clubs in the league, hardly what I'd call a fecking firm.

Passive
10/09/2005, 1:16 PM
Fair enough, but joke or no joke I don't think all Shels fans are necessarily the angels we're used to them being. I haven't got a clue what's going on in your club, nor do I care, but that's just what I'm hearing.

In any case, I'm not using that as an excuse. As I said before, there are no excuses for attacking innocent people. It shouldn't have happened. End of.

Drumcondra Red
10/09/2005, 1:36 PM
Passive, one of our chants goes as follows "the S, the S, the S F C," Bohs fans thought we were chanting, the SSC, obviously this wasn't the case, people found it funny and that was that.

Not once were the BSC or the Rovers Casuals approached for a meet so I'mm afraid that cannot be used by the animals last night as an excuse to rush the entire away end, have we not moved on from those times???

Passive
10/09/2005, 2:26 PM
Not once were the BSC or the Rovers Casuals approached for a meet

No interest in getting into a major debate, but that simply does not appear to be the case.

Drumcondra Red
10/09/2005, 2:30 PM
Admitedly like all clubs we do have a couple looking for trouble, thing is these lads are only in there early teens and are quickly being told to snap out of it! Dispite what it says on the Rovers MB, the group that came around to the Shed end last night were not 12-15, and if they were, they were the oldest 12-15 I ever seen!!!

Anto McC
10/09/2005, 7:19 PM
No interest in getting into a major debate, but that simply does not appear to be the case.

It is the case,i'm sure of it

BohsFans
11/09/2005, 12:07 AM
Bohs I think its time to kick the homeless scum out of Dalymount, NOW!

I've no doubt it will come up at the members meeting on Wednesday!

Billy Lord
11/09/2005, 1:51 AM
Thankfully, the incident last Friday didn't become a major one. But, having said that, I am ashamed at the behaviour of those who chose to attack Shelbourne fans.
Given that Rovers is now owned and run by the fans, it is essential that we eliminate such negative tendencies. Shels were put in the shed in order to avoid the rain, and to show that the new SRFC respects away fans.
They weren't put there to be attacked.

Drumcondra Red
11/09/2005, 11:35 AM
Well Billy Lord, we were shown some respect alright, and were it not for the quick thinking of the steward to run over and shut the gate, who knows what would have happened!

Roverstillidie
11/09/2005, 1:15 PM
So there is no group called the SSC? Then why were they texting the rovers hoolies trying to arrange a mill?
Who were the casually dressed (20 or so) lads standing alone in the shed giving the old 'come on' hand gestures at the rovers fans?
There is a definite embryonic 'firm' starting at shels, so lay off the 'scum' comments until you deal with your own.
Not so quick to condemn them when they tried to jump rovers fans after the game, are you shels?

but we are into the 'shels can do no wrong' world again. shels supporters went to that game with the express intention of causing trouble and were nowhere to be seen when they got thier wish.
This is not meant as an 'excuse' for rovers fans who caused trouble, but an explaination as to why the incident happened.

Having said that, even when you remove the hysteria from most of the shels posts, it was a nasty incident and we will deal with it. apologies to anyone caught up in it from me as a rovers fan.

TheOwl
11/09/2005, 2:14 PM
I must have got out before all the trouble started, but what was the DJ doing playing "I predict a riot" during Rovers little demonstration at half-time?

I found the whole thing laughably pathetic to be honest, so I'm not giving out here, it gave me a chuckle, but it seemed a strange song to choose at a strange time, especially when you’re a club looking to shake off a bad image

Anto McC
11/09/2005, 2:17 PM
So there is no group called the SSC? Then why were they texting the rovers hoolies trying to arrange a mill?
Who were the casually dressed (20 or so) lads standing alone in the shed giving the old 'come on' hand gestures at the rovers fans?
There is a definite embryonic 'firm' starting at shels, so lay off the 'scum' comments until you deal with your own.

Complete tripe,The SSC is a p*ss take and that is it,Rovers fans again in the wrong and again it's somebody elses fault.The Propaganda machine is doing overtime in wherever it is you are operating out of now,All these incidents involving Rovers fans commiting crimes and they always hide behind the "Decent fans" the club has,well untill the decent fans get rid of the scum they will continue to all branded the same,It seems no matter what happens,Rovers still come out with some semblence of respectablity when they don't deserve it.

Roverstillidie
11/09/2005, 2:27 PM
Complete tripe,The SSC is a p*ss take and that is it,Rovers fans again in the wrong and again it's somebody elses fault.The Propaganda machine is doing overtime in wherever it is you are operating out of now,All these incidents involving Rovers fans commiting crimes and they always hide behind the "Decent fans" the club has,well untill the decent fans get rid of the scum they will continue to all branded the same,It seems no matter what happens,Rovers still come out with some semblence of respectablity when they don't deserve it.

if it was a **** take, it was a very elaborate one. so elaborate in fact it involved texting people to arrange a row and attacking rovers fans.

as for propaganda machines and thugs hiding behind decent fans, get real, you follow shels.

if you actually read the SRFC ultras mb or what was posted here all rovers fans have condemned what happened, butjust point out its not as simple as some shels fans are trying to make out. you had a group in the shed who tried to cause a row with the rovers bogies and lo and behold it worked.

but no, thats impossible because oily and fintan say rovers fans are scum, shels are angels. and if hoolies attach themselves to shels,sure uts only a joke!! :rolleyes:

Drumcondra Red
11/09/2005, 2:58 PM
RTID, I was waiting for excuses, I heard somebody texted a Rovers fan, and this has yet to be confirmed as nobody can say who sent the text or what it said!!!

The SSC, came from Bohs, we were chanting the SFC, and they thought the SSC was being chanted, thats where that came from.

The 20 or so "casualy" dressed lads as you put it (at the front I assume), are Shelbourne fans, many of them were wearing BD hoodies and Shelbourne shirts under their jackets, as you may have noticed it was raining and a bit cold, hence the need for jackets! Oh and I wasn't wearing my jersey on Friday night, that must mean I was looking for trouble too, does it???

RTID, you're trying to sweep this incident under the carpet and laying the blame on us, well its not working buddy, Rovers "fans" were shown in their true light on Friday night, now I suppose you can go back to Bohs not admiting they have a problem I suppose???

Partizan
11/09/2005, 3:06 PM
There is nothing worse than seeing a load of acne, angst ridden pesky teenagers jumping up and down acting the hardman after swilling 2 cans of Dutch Gold looking for 'dere [sic] go boi'.

This is just plain childish, grow the f*ck up, stop pointing the finger, punish those responsible and get on with what everyone wants - the betterment of our game, both on and off the pitch.

Roverstillidie
11/09/2005, 3:11 PM
RTID, you're trying to sweep this incident under the carpet and laying the blame on us, well its not working buddy, Rovers "fans" were shown in their true light on Friday night, now I suppose you can go back to Bohs not admiting they have a problem I suppose???

Read what I wrote. Before you put more words in my mouth (you know what I mean).
I have condemned the incident.
All I wish to add to this thread is:
a: no-one was hurt, there were no arrests. I didnt witness it, but my understanding was that it was a minor scuffle that the stewards snuffed out quickly.
b: there were rovers fans attacked after the game. my understanding is that they were jumped by the same shels scallywags who were standing (alone) in full casual regalia of caps and hoodies in the shed. not quite the same gear as a raincoat.
c:there were a number of known shels fans texting rovers fans for a fight during the game, claiming to be from the same new casual group that was all over shels mb (but now all the sigs have mysteriouly disappeared) last week.

this justifies f uck all, the rovers 'fans' should have let it be. but my point is, things aint as simple as you would like the wider EL community to believe.

shels are completly blameless again.

Roverstillidie
11/09/2005, 3:23 PM
There is nothing worse than seeing a load of acne, angst ridden pesky teenagers jumping up and down acting the hardman after swilling 2 cans of Dutch Gold looking for 'dere [sic] go boi'.

This is just plain childish, grow the f*ck up, stop pointing the finger, punish those responsible and get on with what everyone wants - the betterment of our game, both on and off the pitch.

its more the acne angst ridden pesky teenagers that attacked fans outside the game that are at issue.

rovers will try and ban those who (failed) to attack the shels fans. will shels do likewise?

storm in a teacup

hoopy
11/09/2005, 3:45 PM
Again for those Shels fans who are hard of hearing none of us are happy with what went on. What I'd like to add is that I find it hugely ironic that the same Shels fans who are taking the high moral ground won't have a bad word said about the guy running their club. When are you lot going to sort him out?

Slash/ED
11/09/2005, 3:56 PM
Vintage Rovers tactics over an incident like this

The never fail one, bring up Ollie, as Hoopy has put into pratice there. Even when it's nothing to do with him you throw him in anyway, never fails.

Second, the aul' web of lies. The SS-f*cking-C :D Holy Christ :D A píss take on a messageboard, and one person claims a few texts were sent now there's a firm. All over the messageboards :D That is easily the stupidest, most ridiculas lie of them all.

Thirdly, the people standing at the front of the shed are hooligans now? I'm pretty sure I know exactly who you mean and believe me, they're no bloody hooligans, their the last people in the world who would be hooligans. Just because they weren't wearing colours doesn't mean they're hooligans ffs. In fact, I'm in that group you're talking about, given I was in the front of the shed and was wearing a top over my Shels colours since it was cold. That makes me a hooligan now it seems. None of the people there were making any 'come on' gestures to any Rovers fan.

Fourthly, the attacks outside the ground. It seems only a select few hoops saw this. What a shock. I find it hard to believe for one reason, we were all stuck in the ground for around 10 minutes after everyone else had left thanks to the friendly bottle throwing decent fans. By the time we got out, all the Rovers fans had all disappeared into the cars/buses/pubs wherever it is they were going.

Anytime there's any incident involing Rovers at all they seem to feel the need to try and make up complete and utter b*ll*cks (The SSC :D ) or just go for the old Olly :rolleyes: style posts. But at least off the internet you seem, or at least claim, to be banning some of these idiots so at last something is being done.

Roverstillidie
11/09/2005, 4:20 PM
This is my last post oi this because it is obvious from slash's last post that a resonable discussion about the incident on Friday isnt possible or wanted by most Shels fans. They prefer their high pitched moral screaming.
Vintage Rovers indeed.
Read the posts by Rovers fans here and elsewhere. They all condemn and apologise for a minor incident.
Read the posts from Shels fans. They utterly refuse to accept that a section of their support could have been a contributary factor in any of this. There is no point denying shels have a firm if other fans insist on telling people about it. Their keyboard warriors go remarkably quiet when asked about Hoops getting jumped by the same shels fans after the game.
If anyone is reverting to type its the Shels fans 'wasnt us youse are all out to get us we are the only progressive club supported by angels'.
Slash, Im really not sure what you are on about with your comments about a lack of Rovers witnessess. It happened 5 mins after the game in your end. We were all heading towards town. what exactly is the point of that line of thought?

chippie0001
11/09/2005, 4:39 PM
While not defending Rovers in this as I was no where near it I find it odd that Shels are again involved. They claim they have no casuals etc but as I and plenty of other Bohs fans witnessed, they had a group of fans in their new stand calling Bohs casuals over for a fight on the night. None again were wearing colours etc and seemed more intent at signalling at Bohs than watching the game. As I say this was witnessed by many Bohs fans. Now again we have the same story, a group of fans at the front, no colours, gesturing at the Rovers fans, even texting them. Once maybe is a mistake, twice in a few weeks looks well Shels do have fans that want to cause trouble.

Slash/ED
11/09/2005, 4:45 PM
While not defending Rovers in this as I was no where near it I find it odd that Shels are again involved. They claim they have no casuals etc but as I and plenty of other Bohs fans witnessed, they had a group of fans in their new stand calling Bohs casuals over for a fight on the night. None again were wearing colours etc and seemed more intent at signalling at Bohs than watching the game. As I say this was witnessed by many Bohs fans. Now again we have the same story, a group of fans at the front, no colours, gesturing at the Rovers fans, even texting them. Once maybe is a mistake, twice in a few weeks looks well Shels do have fans that want to cause trouble.

I don't know about the Bohs game but I do about this one, the group they're calling hooligans, the notion is laughable. I was in that group, there was no texting and there was no gesturing other than the usual singing and banter. Just because they've no colours doesn't mean they're after trouble ffs.

Anto McC
11/09/2005, 4:52 PM
a: no-one was hurt, there were no arrests. I didnt witness it, but my understanding was that it was a minor scuffle that the stewards snuffed out quickly.
b: there were rovers fans attacked after the game. my understanding is that they were jumped by the same shels scallywags who were standing (alone) in full casual regalia of caps and hoodies in the shed. not quite the same gear as a raincoat.
c:there were a number of known shels fans texting rovers fans for a fight during the game, claiming to be from the same new casual group that was all over shels mb (but now all the sigs have mysteriouly disappeared) last week.

A)wrong
B)Those same scallywags did not attack Rovers fans,i can personally vouch for that,I usually stand with them but i had no jacket so i stood futher in underneath the shed,btw i have a hoodie thanks for letting me know i am a hooligan
C)If they are known then name them,if you do that i will hold my hands up and apologise.The SSC was in 3 sigs,Mine,Drums red and another friend of mine,we are not hooligans i can assure you

what has Fintan got to do with anything btw

I know Rovers fans are condemning what happened but they are also blaming Shels in the same breath,Shels fans were attacked and apparently we asked for it :rolleyes: and i'm sure because it happened to Shels,the rest of the EL fans will find it acceptable

Drumcondra Red
11/09/2005, 5:04 PM
Well technically mine said "keep it casual," but it was a joke, and I can assure you there is no group called the SSC, that I'm aware of, I do know who you're all pointing toward, and they're not hoolies, they're football fans!

Slash/ED
11/09/2005, 5:14 PM
B)Those same scallywags did not attack Rovers fans,i can personally vouch for that

As can I, I missed that comment actually. Complete and utter bullsh*t. Like I said, I was in that group and my Shels jersy was under a top as it was cold. Are you accusing me of attacking Rovers fans roverstillidie? :confused:

None of those people are hooligans or anything even approaching hooligans. They've never attacked other fans in their lives.

Roverstillidie
11/09/2005, 9:28 PM
read chippies post.
two clubs, two weeks, same complaint.
by a strange coincidence for the first time EVER rovers hoolies decided to attack shels fans. there was a reason there were about 10 cops at the game. apart from the bohs games we had eliminated all trouble in the stadium. now we may be back to square one and I have no doubt there will be consequences for Rovers. but shels have to grow up as supporters (and yes you can mention oily at this point) and admit that they have a group of fans who have reached the age where they have decided to copy the Rovers firm and the BSC.
but you are right anto/slash/dr.
its all a conspiracy againt shels.
ignore us, it will all go away.
because you can vouch for the fact that in the entire shed no-one used their phone once. at all. not to text a friend with the score. not to tell their mammy when they would be home. not one sms!
if your 'crew' want to play with the big boys, nasty things like this will happen to you. and the spiral continues.

Anto McC
11/09/2005, 9:47 PM
because you can vouch for the fact that in the entire shed no-one used their phone once. at all. not to text a friend with the score. not to tell their mammy when they would be home. not one sms!
if your 'crew' want to play with the big boys, nasty things like this will happen to you. and the spiral continues.

I can vouch for the group you pointed out,every single one of them.

Billy Lord
11/09/2005, 10:53 PM
Action has already been taken against the perpretators of Friday's incident. This type of behaviour will not be tolerated at the new Rovers.

Anto McC
11/09/2005, 11:01 PM
Action has already been taken against the perpretators of Friday's incident. This type of behaviour will not be tolerated at the new Rovers.

I am very gald to hear this Billy Lord,I will take your word for it as i have never known you to bullsh*t

Éanna
11/09/2005, 11:31 PM
fair play to those running rovers now- they seem to be dealing with anything that comes their way very well.

EnDai
12/09/2005, 9:29 AM
Fair play to those stamping it out. I was on the way out and wirtnessed it all, and to be honest, I overheard the best description of it - looked like the start of a scene from the football factory. We were stuck between concrete walls, railings, and a lane completely barricaded by thugs. However, i doubt many of these are real Rovers fans (though judging from some of the posts here, it might have been?!). Unfortunately these people are going to continue to further soil Rovers tarnished reputation until action is taken. I don't see how Shels can be blamed by some people for this, unfortunately this is Rovers problem - whether the people there were really fans or not, which is more important, taking their €15 or safety? At least hire in some cops if you decide to take their money!! :)

The SSC thing was a ****take, their is no SSC, so "contact" between casuals groups is nonsense.

Glad to hear Billy Lord's comments, it will only benefit your club, and I hope it is strictly enforced. Well done.

Oh, and... Joey Ndo! :D Legend!

Roverstillidie
12/09/2005, 10:00 AM
no one is 'blaming' shels for anything.
your fans were attacked, Rovers apologised and banned, i believe, 6 people.
all i was saying is this isn't as black and white as some shels fans were trying to make out.

and on a lighter note, how does Ndo not get a more regular game. he was head and shoulders above the other 21 on the pitch.

EnDai
12/09/2005, 10:07 AM
Ndo is amazing, no doubts about it, and I hope to high Heavens we have him on some form of lengthy contract!! :) Absolutely sublime!

manic da hoop
12/09/2005, 10:34 AM
I have to say that I find it very difficult to believe that there is any kind of 'firm' or 'crew' that has attached itself to Shels. Even if there is this shouldn't deflect from what obviously took place in the name of SRFC after Friday's match. If Shels have a problem with a certain small section of their support then it is exactly that - THEIR problem. We have our own to sort out, and we will. Gone are the days when some chairman would write some predictable condemnation in the following week's programme stating that "we won't tolorate this" and "measures will taken to stamp this out", blah, blah, blah...It's OUR club now, and if WE don't act appropriatly then WE will pay the price.

Also, I hope people don't read too much in to our choice of half-time songs. I presume that it was done on the basis that Rovers-Shels matches have, in the past, been the least likely games to attract trouble. "I Predict A Riot" being one of only a couple of positive moments in an otherwise dour evening...the other being when that girl promptly showed myself and RTID the Rovers crest she had on her bum! That was nice! :)

WeAreRovers
12/09/2005, 10:37 AM
I didn't see anything on Friday night as I was enjoying my first pint when it happened. As were most of Rovers lads as well. AFAIK the people involved were kids - Under 5's in hoolie parlance and from what I'm told almost literally under 5's in this case.

What I will say is that Shels have a wannabee mob - no doubt about that at all. we all remarked on it and had a good laugh at it during the game. They must have gone to see Green Street after school on Friday 'cos they had all the hand gestures and posturing down to a tee.

As I said I didn't see what happened after the game but to suggest that Shels don't have an embryonic little mob is laughable.

KOH

Roverstillidie
12/09/2005, 11:06 AM
evening...the other being when that girl promptly showed myself and RTID the Rovers crest she had on her bum! That was nice! :)

no chance, she was showing me!!!! :D

manic da hoop
12/09/2005, 11:32 AM
no chance, she was showing me!!!! :D

NO, NO! - she was LAUGHING at you for buying one of those fake ones for kids!

Roverstillidie
12/09/2005, 11:40 AM
NO, NO! - she was LAUGHING at you for buying one of those fake ones for kids!
as may be, i still got to see her arse!
lets hope she isnt a reader of this forum!!! :D

manic da hoop
12/09/2005, 12:29 PM
No, let's hope she IS!

Macy
12/09/2005, 12:40 PM
Fair play to Rovers for being the first club to take responsibility and ban people within days of an incident. Makes a change from the usual bull about investigating the incident blah blah and nothing actually happening...

That should be applauded by everyone in the league, and sets an excellent precedent .

Anto McC
12/09/2005, 12:45 PM
I didn't see anything on Friday night as I was enjoying my first pint when it happened. As were most of Rovers lads as well. AFAIK the people involved were kids - Under 5's in hoolie parlance and from what I'm told almost literally under 5's in this case.

What I will say is that Shels have a wannabee mob - no doubt about that at all. we all remarked on it and had a good laugh at it during the game. They must have gone to see Green Street after school on Friday 'cos they had all the hand gestures and posturing down to a tee.

It was more then just kids,i can assure you and even it it was,does it make it right

If it's the crowd pointed out earlier in the thread,then i can assure you as one of them,they are no wannabe mob,we ain't that thick

Colm
12/09/2005, 12:54 PM

Yeah Shels definately have a few little scumbags who seem to think they're capable of mixing it with opposition fans! :rolleyes:
At the game in the Cross a few weeks ago a Shels fan hit a City fan over the back of the head with a chain.
I just find it laughable that Shels of all fans seem to think they've got some sort of firm all of a sudden!!

Fair play to Rovers for being the first club to take responsibility and ban people within days of an incident.

Yeah but how does anyone know that they actually did ban anyone?? I mean the fact that the fans are running the club now makes it very easy to say stuff like this in order to make it go away!
And if they did ban them was it only because they were a few youngfellas or if it were some of their older hooligans involved would they be so quick to ban their pals?
None of the above is anything against the 400 club (who I have a lot of respect for) but I'm just thinking logically when it is a situation of the fans running the club.

Anto McC
12/09/2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah Shels definately have a few little scumbags who seem to think they're capable of mixing it with opposition fans! :rolleyes:
At the game in the Cross a few weeks ago a Shels fan hit a City fan over the back of the head with a chain.
I just find it laughable that Shels of all fans seem to think they've got some sort of firm all of a sudden!!

More Crap from Cork :rolleyes:

Macy
12/09/2005, 12:59 PM
So what, they shouldn't have taken action?

Time will tell I suppose, but considering that recently other clubs less directly controlled by fans have over turned bans it's a bit harsh to call Rovers for that before any ban has been recinded. Bohs and Drogs have turned over life bans (I know bohs are fans owned, but their board are certainly more seperated from the fan base than Rovers at the moment.)

I mean how many Cork fans have been banned out of the incidents in the last few years with Rovers?