PDA

View Full Version : Google for "failure".

dahamsta
09/09/2005, 1:34 PM
See results one and two. :)

http://www.google.ie/search?q=failure

adam

paul_oshea
09/09/2005, 1:45 PM
quality, how does that work, page ranking of the word failure in the pages?

dahamsta
09/09/2005, 1:49 PM
See googlebomb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googlebomb). And make sure you link www.dialup-dempsey.com (http://www.dialup-dempsey.com) to the words "Noel Dempsey (http://www.dialup-dempsey.com/)". :)

adam

paul_oshea
09/09/2005, 1:58 PM
never heard of googlebomb before. but i was right its based on page ranking, thought that could be done alright.

that wikipedia is a bit annoying, cos it never gives an exact definition as different people have different definitions of everything.

dahamsta
09/09/2005, 2:02 PM
Course it does, it'a collaborative encylopedia. If you don't like it, change it. And if you want a 100% reliable encyclopedia, use Britannica. But don't look for "googlebomb", because it won't be in there.

paul_oshea
09/09/2005, 2:16 PM
no it doesnt, cos once you feel you have the definition, it goes and gets changed by someone else, it is collabarative alright, but constantly changing.

dahamsta
09/09/2005, 2:32 PM
I think you're missing the point of Wikipedia tbh. It's not for everyone, you should probably stick to more traditional information sources.

pineapple stu
09/09/2005, 2:50 PM
Thought this was going to be about the FAI again! :p

Troy.McClure
09/09/2005, 4:55 PM
2 things that struck me on GW's bio, a, he's 60 next year! b) his primary degree was in history, yet he still called Greeks 'Greshins' :o

Poor Student
09/09/2005, 4:57 PM
2 things that struck me on GW's bio, a, he's 60 next year! b) his primary degree was in history, yet he still called Greeks 'Greshins' :o

What's wrong with Grecian?

Troy.McClure
09/09/2005, 5:06 PM
As in "Im going to Greece to meet the Grecians"? :(

pete
09/09/2005, 5:08 PM
College
Yale University, bachelor's degree, history (yet destined to repeat it)

Graduate School
Harvard University, Master of Business Administration (he must have learned his delegation skills here so can have 7 week summer holiday)

Career and Public Service
Owner, oil and gas business (bankrupted)
Partner, Texas Rangers Baseball Team (State paid for new stadium so he sold out & made big profit)

Governor of Texas (1 term, left state with huge debt)
President of the United States

Poor Student
09/09/2005, 5:09 PM
Yes. Grecians as in Greeks as in derived from Graecia Latin for Greece and Graecus Latin for Greek. A legitimate English word. Just like you have both Slovene or Slovenian for a native of Slovenia.

del fuego
09/09/2005, 5:28 PM
Google french military victories and click the "i'm feeling lucky" button.
you may be surprised!

Fair_play_boy
09/09/2005, 6:45 PM
you may be surprised!Oh Lá Lá!! Beautiful. Brilliant discovery!!!!! :p

Fair_play_boy
10/09/2005, 10:22 AM
Yes. Grecians as in Greeks as in derived from Graecia Latin for Greece and Graecus Latin for Greek. A legitimate English word. Just like you have both Slovene or Slovenian for a native of Slovenia. . . . and there was me thinking he learned the word off his bottle of hair colour. :D

Fair_play_boy
10/09/2005, 10:43 AM
College
Yale University, bachelor's degree, history (yet destined to repeat it)

Graduate School
Harvard University, Master of Business Administration (he must have learned his delegation skills here so can have 7 week summer holiday)

Career and Public Service
Owner, oil and gas business (bankrupted)
Partner, Texas Rangers Baseball Team (State paid for new stadium so he sold out & made big profit)

Governor of Texas (1 term, left state with huge debt)
President of the United StatesAt Yale he was a C student.

In Midland Texas, he was a promoter who lost investors’ money in Arbusto Exploration, which came to be known as A-bust-O Exploration.

In Fort Worth at Harken Oil, George W. was a member of the Board of Directors and Audit Committee and a highly paid consultant. When Harkin Oil, a company that had never drilled overseas or offshore, received a lucrative oil concession from the emirate of Bahrain, George W. claimed no involvement. What was he getting paid $120,000 a year plus stock benefits for? Three weeks before Harken Oil stock collapsed, he sold the majority of his holdings. He claimed no insider information.

In Arlington, George W. promoted the taxpayers into building a $190,000,000 stadium for his Texas Ranger baseball team. In summary, George W. walked away with $15,000,000.00 in profits.

It seems to me that it does not matter what is in your CV. IMO, to become US president, all that counts is having enough financial backing to convince enough gullible voters with expensive ad campaigns.

paul_oshea
10/09/2005, 10:52 AM
from reading that straight off, i can tell you copied and pasted that from michael moores thing.

Poor Student
10/09/2005, 11:09 AM
. . . and there was me thinking he learned the word off his bottle of hair colour. :D

See only History graduates like myself and G Dubya know these things. ;)

Fair_play_boy
10/09/2005, 3:32 PM
from reading that straight off, i can tell you copied and pasted that from michael moores thing.Naw most of that post is information that was circulating by email long before Moore's book came out. I wrote the rest of it myself simply by googling.

Tony Montana
11/09/2005, 6:20 PM
you may be surprised!

Very good :D